PDA

View Full Version : Just wierd

Kwicherbichen
05-12-2004, 12:38 AM
I don't know why exactly but folks feel the need to send me weird website stuff. Some are stupid or slightly amusing and I normally just delete the email after I get it. This time however, I was directed to 2 sites that I thought were just cool.
This first one is wild. It is some kinda promotion for Burger King where you can order some knucklehead in a chicken suit to do as you wish. Just type in what you want the chicken to do and he will surprise you Subserviant Chicken (http://www.subservientchicken.com/)
THis is a movie promotional site. Recently a movie came out called "Godsend". Basically it's about a couple whos child dies. They end up coming in contact with a doctor that clones DNA and can recreate their child. OK no big deal and you'd think the website would typically just promote the movie right? Not this time. They made the website as if the actual Godsend Clinic actually exists. Apparently it is fooling a great deal of people into believing it is true. Check it out Godsend Institute (http://www.godsendinstitute.org/)
This one is for the adults but I'm sure there is some really nice child you let in on the Freeze Pops (http://www.shardsoglass.com/shard.cfm?lp=1)

Kachina26
05-12-2004, 05:37 AM
I just sent off for a case of freeze pops:D :D :D :eek!:

Boozer
05-12-2004, 06:19 AM
That chicken is funny. Tell him to break dance

welk2party
05-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Who has the time to set up a site for the freeze pops?

Screaming Pete
05-12-2004, 09:29 AM
I just told him to sh*t that was funny

THOR
05-12-2004, 09:38 AM
I about pissed myself when I told it to do the chicken dance. :D

mickeyfinn
05-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Tell him to preheat the oven to 350 sit in a pan and slide himself in for about 2.5 hours

Kwicherbichen
05-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
Who has the time to set up a site for the freeze pops?
My guess, and it's just a guess, is that the designer was just building a portfolio of work. Otherwise there isn't much sense in the whole thing. It might be actually funny to see his email and how many orders it gets.

RiverToysJas
05-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen
My guess, and it's just a guess, is that the designer was just building a portfolio of work. Otherwise there isn't much sense in the whole thing. It might be actually funny to see his email and how many orders it gets.
It's actually part of the stop smoking movement. The "Truth" people put it together. Replace freeze pops with cigarettes, and you'll get the idea......Once I figured out what it was about, I stopped telling people about it. I have never smoked, but I don't want anyone telling me I can't. ;)
RTJas :D

Kwicherbichen
05-13-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
It's actually part of the stop smoking movement. The "Truth" people put it together. Replace freeze pops with cigarettes, and you'll get the idea......Once I figured out what it was about, I stopped telling people about it. I have never smoked, but I don't want anyone telling me I can't. ;)
Whoa, I would have never imagined :confused: I didn't examine the site that closely. I probably was smoking a cigarette at the time :D Shoot, I thought I was suggesting something funny not a site that wants me to give up my smokes.

RiverToysJas
05-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen
Whoa, I would have never imagined :confused: I didn't examine the site that closely.
The copyright on all of the pages is "2004 Truth" and on the privacy page is says...."you can e-mail us at info@thetruth.com". ;) TheTruth.com - Anti-smoking Nazis with a twisted agenda and BS statistics.

Kwicherbichen
05-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
The copyright on all of the pages is "2004 Truth" and on the privacy page is says...."you can e-mail us at info@thetruth.com". ;) TheTruth.com - Anti-smoking Nazis with a twisted agenda and BS statistics.
Son of a Gun. I never paid attention. Well they obviouly have some bucks to spend on ambiguous web sites. Figures, they are probably getting tax dollars and breaks for lame anti-smoking campaigns.

Boozer
05-15-2004, 01:31 AM
I spend a good 20 minutes a day trying to tell that chicken to do sit he wont do. He does it. I have only stumped the chicken a couple times.
BTW if you tell him to disco dance he will line dance. You can tell him to vomit and he throws up. Also tell him to throw shit and hell tear up the couch and throw the cushions around. He's a good chicken.

Kachina26
12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
still fun :D

AZJD
12-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Lay an egg is good.
I think I will tell him to go pluck himself.......:D

AZJD
12-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Ha ha ha, he will sit on the couch and fly too....