PDA

View Full Version : Pismo Beach or Surrounding Area Crash Pad

RiverKitty
05-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Does anyone have a place my boyfriend and I could stay at for 1 night on Friday May 28th at Pismo Beach or within' 50 - 100 miles??? It's a holiday weekend and all the surrounding hotels appear to be sold out. I've only been to California twice in my entire life so I have no idea what locations are around Pismo Beach.
We're suppose to go to a wedding at Pismo Beach on Saturday May 29th and just need a place to stay for 1 night. We would be happy to make a cash contribution for the hospitality.
If anyone could help, I would be eternally greatfull!!!
p.s. I promise to be a good Kitty that weekend! :D
Cheers ~RiverKitty :D

v-drive
05-12-2004, 10:04 AM
oh kitty do I know a place. Try shell beach resort. just a few miles down the road. My wife and I go there annually on our anniversary. While your there try McCormichs (spelling)restaurant. They have the best food around. good luck.
:D :D :D v-drive

Her454
05-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by v-drive
oh kitty do I know a place. Try shell beach resort. just a few miles down the road. My wife and I go there annually on our anniversary. While your there try McCormichs (spelling)restaurant. They have the best food around. good luck.
actually I think she's looking for a place as in someones house...since everything is sold out.......?

v-drive
05-12-2004, 10:21 AM
yeah I think you're right .Sorry kitty.:( v-drive

HCS
05-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Sleep on the beach.

thom
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
there is a holiday inn in santamaria that is nice and clean. its only 20-25 minutes from pismo beach.

RiverKitty
05-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Sleep on the beach.
LOL! I already thought about that one....but not sure how well we'll do with cleaning up in the ocean before the wedding!!! Perhaps "after" the wedding would be a better time to sleep on the beach. Heck, I'm up for that!!! :D

RiverKitty
05-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by v-drive
I'll look up McCormicks (?) when we get there. Sounds like an awesome restaurant!!!
This is great!!! Thanks for all the tips guys!!! It's really helpin' out!!! :D

Rev. Williams
05-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
I'll look up McCormicks (?) when we get there. Sounds like an awesome restaurant!!!
This is great!!! Thanks for all the tips guys!!! It's really helpin' out!!! :D
It's actually called McClintocks. You can't miss it. If the wedding is in Pismo, I'm guessing it's at The ShoreCliff Hotel ??? If so, McClintocks is just on the other side of the freeway with a big cowboy standing outfront.
The downside is, you probably won't get in.... It's ALWAYS packed!! You should try the one in San Luis Obispo on Higuera I believe. If you really wanna scrounge, go to the Maddona Inn :D :D The smaller diner on the left is great !!
Also, for a room you may wanna try the Vagabond whick is right next to the Madonna.
My parents live in Shell Beach (a minute north of Pismo) so I know the place inside and out !! :D :D
Have fun and I'll PM you my number if you want. I can help you find just about anything up there.

v-drive
05-12-2004, 11:06 AM
They have fresh water showers right at the entrance. Might be a little cold though.HMMMMM! that gives me an idea.:D v-drive

flat broke
05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
As stated earlier, just hit up a motel in Santa Maria or San Louis Obispo. You should be able to find rooms there as the holliday stuff is pretty localized to Oceano Dunes.
As for McClintocks, you can make reservations(or you could as of a year ago) so go to the O.G. one in shell beach, but if you are down for some seriosly good Steak, you HAVE to go to Jockos in Nipomo. It's between Santa Maria and Pismo. Don't get me wrong, McClintocks is good and they have a nice split fee where you add a second set of sides to an entree (there is more than enough food), but the steak at Jockos is just smokin.
Chris

Her454
05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
It's actually called McClintocks.
The downside is, you probably won't get in.... It's ALWAYS packed!! You should try the one in San Luis Obispo on Higuera I believe. If you really wanna scrounge, go to the Maddona Inn :D :D The smaller diner on the left is great !!
This is true. McClintocks is ALWAYS packed but worth the wait if you get in. Madonna is also cool, for the people that dare to be different LMAO!:D And If your feeling a little frisky...you can check out the "tiger striped" room ..........;)

RiverKitty
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Her454
This is true. McClintocks is ALWAYS packed but worth the wait if you get in. Madonna is also cool, for the people that dare to be different LMAO!:D And If your feeling a little frisky...you can check out the "tiger striped" room ..........;)
Wow!!! Thanks Traci!!!! :D
Heck! I'm always feeling "frisky"!!! :devil: LOL!!!
Which room (http://www.madonnainn.com/tour/index.asp) is it???
This looks like an amazing hotel!!! Hopefully they'll have a room available.

hd&boatrider
05-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
As stated earlier, just hit up a motel in Santa Maria or San Louis Obispo. You should be able to find rooms there as the holliday stuff is pretty localized to Oceano Dunes.
As for McClintocks, you can make reservations(or you could as of a year ago) so go to the O.G. one in shell beach, but if you are down for some seriosly good Steak, you HAVE to go to Jockos in Nipomo. It's between Santa Maria and Pismo. Don't get me wrong, McClintocks is good and they have a nice split fee where you add a second set of sides to an entree (there is more than enough food), but the steak at Jockos is just smokin.
Chris
Jockos has the best steaks of any place on the West Coast. Simple as that.

thom
05-12-2004, 12:14 PM
I just had a little spencer from joccos about two weeks. You get a $42 steak for 20. The best there is!

Debbolas
05-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Morro Bay is pretty close to Pismo, I think....here is a link http://www.morrobay.org
Cayucos is just above Morro Bay .........here is a link.......http://www.cayucos.org/ (Cayucos is less expensive than Morro Bay)
I think the Madonna Inn is up there as well ( I have always wanted to stay there!)
Good Luck!;)

LaveyJet
05-12-2004, 01:26 PM
If you're looking for a claean comfortable room at affordable prices try Casa Seises in San Luis Obispo. :D
(805) 541-6992

RiverKitty
05-12-2004, 03:07 PM
If you guys had to choose a -----> room (http://www.madonnainn.com/tour/index.asp) <----- which one would you pick???

mike37
05-12-2004, 03:21 PM
If you guys had to choose a -----> room (http://www.madonnainn.com/tour/index.asp) <----- which one would you pick???
good luck geting a room any were on that weekend
most places will be booked on memoreal weekend

v-drive
05-12-2004, 03:47 PM
well, why not try the Yahoo but don't forget the tethers.(j/k)
All of their rooms are interesting But those pink rooms are gross.
also you might want to do a search in Avila Beach. We drove through there one afternoon just being tourists and the bay there is beautiful. :D v-drive

Debbolas
05-12-2004, 05:11 PM
The reason I like the links I posted is they are not a "price-line".com type of link. It is from the city, and many of the hotels have websites, that you can check out for yourself....;)

RiverKitty
05-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by mike37
good luck geting a room any were on that weekend
most places will be booked on memoreal weekend
That's the problem we've been running into.
Looks like the beach may be our last option! :D :p
At least I know what steak house we'll be going to! :D

mike37
05-12-2004, 05:41 PM
That's the problem we've been running into.
Looks like the beach may be our last option! :D :p
At least I know what steak house we'll be going to! :D
you will have a problem finding a spot on the beach to
try the apple farm in san louis obispohttp://www.applefarm.com/home.asp
wish i could help you out we will be at lake nacimiento
for that weekend

Krazy K
05-12-2004, 07:52 PM
RiverKitty-
If you like clam chowder at all, YOU HAVE TO go to Splash Cafe! It's on the main drag about 2 blocks from the beach. When I was going to school at Cuesta, my girlfriend and I would go there all the time!! I'd hit it during off peak hours but then again, it is Mem. weekend!

Her454
05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Wow!!! Thanks Traci!!!! :D
Heck! I'm always feeling "frisky"!!! :devil: LOL!!!
Which room (http://www.madonnainn.com/tour/index.asp) is it???
This looks like an amazing hotel!!! Hopefully they'll have a room available.
Kitty, its the Safari Room and its totally awsome...the shower is sooooo cooool. Like your standing under a waterfall with granite rocks. Never seen anything like it.
If I had my choice I'd try the Highway Room, looked cool too - the Kona Rock - now that would make me crazy....make me feel like I was a vampire bat or something ;)
Have fun and I hope you guys find somewhere to stay. Its a bitch on busy weekends. Ended up having to drive all the way back to Kettleman City one night just to get a damn room - after driving 2 hours down the coast PAST Pismo with still no luck. Worst night of my life...I was so damn tired. :frown:

LASERRAY
05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Pismo, Grover Beach, and Avila Beach all rock. I love that part of the world. Very Festive. :cool:

hellbound
05-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Try Avila Hot Springs Resort you can get a room with a hot tub in it.It's 5 min. to Pismo.

RiverKitty
05-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Pismo, Grover Beach, and Avila Beach all rock. I love that part of the world. Very Festive. :cool:
I can hardly wait to see it for myself!!
Woo Hoo! California....Here I come!!! :D