PDA

View Full Version : Airport in Havasu

NorCalCat
05-12-2004, 09:55 AM
What is the closest airport to Lake Havasu. Commercial, Southwest, United, etc...

BajaMike
05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Lake Havasu City, AZ has an airport with several commuter airlines that serve it from Phoenix and Ontario...I think America West is one of the airlines...the airport code is "HII".
Bullhead City, AZ has a bigger airport that is serviced by 737 size aircraft, I don't know what airlines, but the airport code is "IFP". Bullhead is about 40 miles from Havasu.
Search on Yahoo Travel and you should be able to find the flights/airlines.
:D

Jeff Fry
05-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Phoenix or Las Vegas is the big commercial airlines. There are commuters that fly into Havasu, but not sure. Skywest , or AMerica West might have one check there site!

NorCalCat
05-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys. Come to find out, only commuters are flying in durring the weekend. Turbo Props.

Mr.Havasu
05-12-2004, 03:21 PM
And just a little scary to say the least. I flew out of here when my daughter had her baby in Feb. I do recall finding religion on both the flight out and the one back. I'll stick to Vegas from here on out. (kinda a deal I made with the man upstairs)
Michele

Ziggy
05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
And just a little scary to say the least. I flew out of here when my daughter had her baby in Feb. I do recall finding religion on both the flight out and the one back. I'll stick to Vegas from here on out. (kinda a deal I made with the man upstairs)
Michele
Awww, c'mon, think of it as a rollercoaster...I love it when those planes drop and lift without notice.....Best time is very early AM before the heat changes the air density if you want the smoother rides.;)

Mr.Havasu
05-12-2004, 04:32 PM
There was a wall of water coming at us when we took off, first the plane banked left, then it banked right, then left again. It was then I said out loud "you've got to be kidding me!' heard a few nervious laughs.
Was kinda like a roller coaster ride, and I'd admit it was a bit fun, but still a little scary. On the return flight it was at night and it was dark in the plane (couldn't see a dam thing) raining again and heard a bunch of weird noises. That's when I made the deal with the big guy never to take that flight again!

PHX ATC
05-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Mesa Air Shuttle flies DeHaviland Dash 8 aircraft (twin turbo prop) for America West Express out of PHX to HII. I'm not sure who flies out of LAS to HII though. You'll pay through the nose to fly in there, so unless it's a necessity, go to LAS or PHX and drive down.

BoatPI
05-13-2004, 06:20 AM
America West Express (Mesa Airlines) is the only carrier flying out of Havasu. They fly Beachcraft 1900's. Three times daily and once on Saturday, all to PHX. The Flight out of PHX (one hour) can be expensive if NOT connected to an America West flight.
You would be wise and fly America West connector. I fly to Havasu often, bet the lead toime for the cheap seats has increased to about three weeks out. Lowest prive out of So Cal is about $166 with tax RT. It can bump up to $440 the week of the flight. You know the airline pricing. A Monday return can save $$.
Other than that the fastest way in is to Las Vegas, rent a car or that one of two local shuttle vans at about $45 each way. A two 1/2 hour drive. I sweet deal could be Hertz Weekend Rental deal out of Vegas for about $28 per day Thursday noon through Monday noon. The same works out of So Cal at about $25 per day, much less than driving your own car, with unlimited mileage!
A month ago I took a Totota Pirus and got 45 MPG.