PDA

View Full Version : Posting info on my project

Jet Hydro
05-12-2004, 10:38 AM
This is jet boat related so Please leave this one up Hammer:eek:
I had this PM that I never got to see for some reason but never the less I thought it might be a good time to post it and say Thanks to Hammer letting Chet turn my topic in to what it was I will no longer post any info on what we are doing in open form again.
posting your info
Damn man, I wanna read about what you're doing!
Feel free to use my message board at XXXXXXXXXXXX
I'll guarantee the shit posts and posters will be eliminated!
It took a lot of time out of my work day to post pictures and info to have someone like Chet be allowed to do as he did. I had PM,ed the mod about what was going on to no avail. Sorry But until something is done I have to keep that info off the internet. If you would like to know what we are doing you can call or e mail me or check us out at one of the races. Maybe something will change but for now I feel it`s best to leave it this way.

riverbound
05-12-2004, 02:05 PM
The shitty thing is you are the second person this week that has stopped posting stuff in the open forum because of chet. I have talked to a few other people this week who will now only offer info through PM because of an a$$hole Both times Chet's name was brought up:mad:
It sucks to see so much info that is going to waste because of someone who has nothing better to do that stir ths pot because it makes Him/her feel better about the sorry life they live.
I would like to know what board youre stuff will be posted @ Its nice to see all the progress that is being made and all the hard work that everyone is putting into their boats. I have gotten many ideas for my boat from looking at pics of everyone elses boats.

BigBlockBaja
05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I agree with jet.. I too am in the middle of a project and it is nice to see other people's work. Like mentiened before, gives us all in the same "boat" some ideas on how to build theres.
BTW, Im new to the board. Used to post at RJB, but its been down for so long.
Pat

riverbound
05-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBlockBaja
BTW, Im new to the board.
Pat
Welcome!
There are a few people to ignore, you will learn those names soon enough, but a lot of the times there is good info here.

rssfla
05-12-2004, 06:12 PM
I too am pretty new and so far have been overwhelmed by peoples willingness to help out. In the middle of my project also and the info i have gotten has really helped.

gunslinger
05-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Im not new to the boards, but new to the jet forum. You guys really gotta wipe those pussys and get over the bullshit that goes on here. When I posted in the v-drive forum people were always willing to share info-experience. From what I have read so far, a turd gets thrown and a shit fight is on! Dont think cutting off the head (pun intended) will cure the headache. Really hope people keep posting great threads on projects. Opens up doors for comparison of notes etc., gives people options. Bla bla bla. Probably a good idea not to throw fuel on a fire. Know what I mean?:cool:

ChetCapoli
05-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
This is jet boat related so Please leave this one up Hammer:eek:
It took a lot of time out of my work day to post pictures and info to have someone like Chet be allowed to do as he did.
Maybe something will change but for now I feel it`s best to leave it this way.
DO WHAT???? Slowy you got BS ok..I see what your trying to do and you dont like that i called you out. Want some cheese to go with that wine?? Post your numbers and your pics and leave the spam to the PM's or whatever your silly educated marketing game is. It's just that simple. I ask you questions you dont have nor want to have the answers for is the bottom line. It's going against your marketing principle what i have to say(or disagree with). You going to run that snoot no matter what you have to do to make is "seem" faster. You'll be looking for another sponsor otherwise. I simply told you a normal lake boat can go just as fast with a droop as with a snoot with proper shoe setup THUS saving you $250.00. MY OPINION FOR YOU TO PROVE OTHERWISE if you wish. Most jets at the races run droop from what i can tell...how do you explain that?? If your so obstinate about it than prove me wrong and stop acting like a little kid who doesnt get his way. Then you can shut me up for sure and i'll be sure to buy one!
I too got some PM's saying your the one who is too much and agreeing with me if you can believe that. They think it's funny how the shoe is on the other foot now and you cant take it too well. I dont have to act like a little spoiled brat who doesnt get his way like you do and post up PMs to try to prove something. I can take heat just as good if not better than anyone. Leave the drama and the spam to the pm's and quit carrying on about it. I asked you some good questions about the droop/snoot and shoe setup and you know it! The thread on your boat is the first "info" thread you have ever started or posted on for that matter in the 2 years we have been here. Any other thread you have posted on is just about busting chops or drinkin beer..one or the other.
Funny how it's ok to drop the shoe with a snoot but not with a droop or you'll take a swim...you make me laugh! How do you figure?? I'm sure your boat is real fast is the 1/2..so is everyones......but we should be going a little faster with a blower motor in the 1/4 than 92 dont you think??...cyclone runs almost 110 with his deal. What's with that? Your an old pro at the line so tell us. You have to detune it that much? Let us know when you hit 10.0's slowy...we're all routing for you!
CHET:p

gunslinger
05-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Ok, this is the first chance to test out a positive jet forum attitude. I knew it was comming soon.;)

Jet Hydro
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Chet I have a deal for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will have the Droop and the Snoot with me in FT Worth in June as always. I will do your test right in front of you if you have the balls to show up??????? If I`m wrong I will pay for your flight to Ft Worth, The motel and your flight home along with you meals. How`s that ? I will also pay my fees to race along with everything else. you have nothing to loose.
Ok, I`ll even pay for your time off work. Now what you got to say?
Hey, Call Hot Boat I`ll even do it in front of them! Do you need their number?time to put up chet or STFU!
I`m calling you out!
BTY.... for a STD. 454, I would say that 11`05 is one hell of an ET for that motor.
What was the ET at 110mph? His motor is how big?
Tell me more Chit :eek:

gunslinger
05-13-2004, 06:43 AM
See, theres the fuel. Let it go. You like your boat and have done what most would never do, with great results. How you did it, what parts you used, who helped you out, its all good. Dont let anyone piss on the parade.

Cas
05-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
I simply told you a normal lake boat can go just as fast with a droop as with a snoot with proper shoe setup THUS saving you $250.00. MY OPINION FOR YOU TO PROVE OTHERWISE if you wish. Most jets at the races run droop from what i can tell...how do you explain that??
CHET:p
Gonna disagree here. I've seen droops put on boats that didn't help at all, matter of fact it hurt the performance.
Case in point, a heavy 21' boat without the power to overcome that extra drag. Would the snoot be better? In theory it would be.
I don't think either of them are a sure thing for every boat.....even the same hulls.
Each person needs to do their own trial and error with their particular boat. That's what I personally like about Duane, he gets baseline of the boat's performance when it comes in. He will then make changes at the lake to see what works the best for that particular hull. And no, Duane does not sponsor me, send me cash or in any other way pay my bills. Shoot, I've only purchased a couple of small items from him as I've done with a few others.
I should probably name my boat "Ebay Built" :D

pops1
05-13-2004, 08:02 AM
I am a little taken back by what helps this board. Input, advise and questions are what make the good discussions.
Yet! I must say, I do miss the Old Times. Is this nostalgia or age showing up in me. POPs