PDA

View Full Version : velocity boats? how good?

blownmirage
05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Hello, I am new to posting on the forums, I have always looked, but new to posting. Just wondering if Velocity boats are good quality, the look like it, just wanted a few opinions, good or bad about there handling and speeds, I am considering a 260 with a 496 mag, what kind of top speed should I expect, how do they handle rough water,
Thanks in advance

dicudmore
05-12-2004, 01:56 PM
not much first hand knowledge of those out here, being a florida boat. never heard anything bad about them, been in business a long time.
Good luck w/ur decision

spectras only
05-12-2004, 01:57 PM
They're a fast hull and good in rough water. The 26' styling is not my fav though .The older thoroughbred is one heck of a boat with even a single HO engine. There's a 32 here owned by the local pokerrun guru and that boat hauls the mail in any water condition:cool: .Ps; the 496 should move it around 60.

Pointerman
05-12-2004, 02:48 PM
I would ask this question at OSO. From what I have read they are excellent quality boats, but they are definitely a drivers boat. Their hull design can get a little squirly at certain speeds and are not for the inexperienced or faint of heart.