PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake V-Drive Regatta

dave n
05-12-2004, 03:31 PM
ONLY THREE WEEKS LEFT TIL THE IRVINE LAKE VDRIVE REGATTA ON JUNE 12-13!!! We only have 50 spots each day and half are already gone.
Here's an extra attraction - IF we get enough overnite campers on Saturday, we'll book a band for your enjoyment for Saturday nite!
Get your entry apps into us ASAP!!

76BARRON
05-12-2004, 04:23 PM
What exactly do you need to have included in the application?
I assume name,address type stuff but what about the boat criteria?are you only looking for race,show boat's?or?
any help or clue's will be appreciated.:confused:

dave n
05-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Not looking for race boats or show boats, just looking for v-drives to come out and have a fun and safe day on the lake. We're looking at applications to make sure the boats are v-drive - we did have a problem at the last event.
If you'd like an application to be sent to you by email, send a picture of your boat by email to: swd4kp@aol.com. We'll send you an entry form back that you can mail to us.

Moneypitt
05-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Do the fishermen need to send in a picture of their fishing boat???

DUNDUN
05-15-2004, 05:13 PM
So ANY kind of V-Drives are allowed?(family ski boat, race boat, show boat)
What about these "Rock throwing fishermen"? Is this true? Do they really throw rocks?

Moneypitt
05-15-2004, 07:32 PM
You bet they did...I was there, they wouldn't throw at me, I tried to bait them. The lake has 5 MPH speed limit for fishing boats every other day of the year, but the boats out fishing during the v drive deal were hauling for all they were worth, without regard for where they were going or who's way they got in...TOTAL disregard for the event at "their" lake. The first one, they would slow down, come in close for a look at the boats and creat 3 ft rollers towards the beach where the boats were anchored/beached....Just a general cluster fornication, having ANY of those guys on the same lake as this type event. Am I bitter, not really, just decided last time(2nd), I wouldn't go back unless the fishing deal was omited for the event days....At $50. per boat, do they really need the revenue from fishing for those days?
Answer: close the whole lake to fishing, have one area for the cruisers to cruise, and another area for the speed runs that everyone would like to see. These guys like smooth water for there blasts in excess of 100 MPH, and they'll put on a show if allowed the room.....Most of us cruisers were giving them this room, but some were not, chopping up the water on a circle around the lake every 3-5 minutes, then throw in the fishermen going here and there looking for the fish, and the 50 boat deal was way too many.....Well, Irvine Lake, is this a V DRIVE deal ONLY? or another cluster fornication?...........Moneypitt

76BARRON
05-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Is anybody planning on going?
For some reason there dosn,t seem to be much interest :frown:
price? politic's? or is it to early to plan? or?:confused:

ColeTR1
05-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Guys leave the cruisers at home the lake is to small. No one likes rules but with a little management and some more water in the lake this could be a great event. I would set up a one-direction parade lane for boats to make passes in. Also limit the size of the boats to less then twenty feet. And tell the rock-throwing fishermen to fish from the shore!! Doing this you could have a hundred boats there and it won’t be crowded.

Rick James
05-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Why they be trowin rocks fo? Biatchs.

dave n
05-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Sorry to read such negative responses to an event that has been well received by the v-drive community. We had two successful events last year and response to this year's has been just as good. It's a relatively small lake, true, but the location is super convenient and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Since we're well known as a fishing destination, it wouldn't make sense to forbid fishing to accommodate special events, even for one day, especially on the weekend, especially during the summer.
However, if you are speaking for a majority, this year's event can easily be the last; we just wouldn't schedule for next year.

DUNDUN
05-18-2004, 02:39 PM
I'd love to go, but I think I'm moving that weekend. I'd also be concerned about the fishermen. I'm also kinda wondering about this whole "invitation only" thing. Is this to make sure that only the V-Drives are going? I'm happy that the event SEEMS to be growing and I'd love to go because it's in my own backyard. Isn't there more than one regatta at Irvine scheduled this year?
Brandon

HM
05-18-2004, 03:40 PM
I am going and looking forward to a great event!
Dave, no worries about the negative comments. They usually come from the same guys that complain about pretty much anything they can.
The fishermen don't know any better. All they want to do is check out the shiny loud boats. They don't realize they swamp easy - all they see is some angry dude with a mullet running at them screaming profanities. Next time, approach with a beer and educate them - but that might be way too logical for some of you. Try the same thing with cruiser drivers and others who are a bit clueless when the flatties are trying to run.
BTW - this is a v-drive event. Not the ultra light drag v-drive boat that delaminates or sinks in a 4 inch wake event - the event DOES NOT revolve around the drag boats. But if you are cool, most will be very accomodating. If I remember right, there were some very nice passes made in the morning by several boats. Now that there have been two events, you know the atmosphere and what goes on, so come with the correct expectations and maybe a backbone with some extra silvers to help persuade people to your point of view.
As far as the money "made" off of this event, we did the math last time for those of you whose driveway doesn't go all the way to the street. If you think they are laughing all the way to the bank on this event, you are either a casualty of the liberal commie public school system or stupid or both.
Damn, I did not do a very good job of trying to be less of an a-hole ;)

superdave013
05-18-2004, 03:53 PM
I went to the last 2 as a spectator. I'll prolly do the same for this one.
I thought the first one was good and the second one was even a little better. I'm sure Dave's learned from both of those so this next one should be the best one yet.
It is a bummer that it's on a race weekend and is so close to the Camp Far West gig. That will keep the Nor Cal guys that came last time from showing up.
With the very few places we have left to run these boats I think it's cool that Dave puts these on. Where the hell else can you run a blown injected flat on alki with in 100 miles of LA??

HM
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
......... Where the hell else can you run a blown injected flat on alki with in 100 miles of LA??
and with dry open zoomies?:cool: :cool: :cool:

77charger
05-18-2004, 04:37 PM
I went to both of them the first one no boat ,the second with boat.I was one who wanted flat water for only 5 minutes to get a good run.I did get a couple of good passes.But overall enjoyed the day i also camped out too.I probably go out either with or without boat.

Moneypitt
05-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Was I negative? Yeah I guess a little, sorry. I was trying to tell it like it was, as well as explain how to make it better. As far as the lakes regular fishermen, they MUST be told there are some very fast boats on the lake, advise them as to the safety issues, and the areas reserved for the event. The cove is too small...The first one was based on the point, which worked better.....It was a good time even though IMO it could've been better....Boat repair, and preparations for Burley keep me from this one.....Moneypitt

DUNDUN
05-18-2004, 07:24 PM
It sounds like a good event. I'm sorry if I came off a bit negative or doubtful of the event. It seems to have alot of potential to turn into a great must-go event!!!

76BARRON
05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
I too do not want (did not want) to sound negative as i went last year as a spectator (because i was told it was already sold out!)
It was totaly bitchin! and i have been looking forward to this since
last year! It was hard for me to belive that there wasn't more
excitement!!about this event. With the river cop's making sure
you are not welcome at parker(and other place's) it's nice to see someone making the effort to do an event like this! and "IF" i'm lucky enough to go, i will take my chances with the fishermen anyday!
BUT PLEASE LET THE FISHERMEN KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!
IF they come over and take a look I MAY EVEN OFFER A RIDE OR TWO! HOW'S THAT!:)

carbonmarine
05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
WHAT in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here ???
Geeezusss.... So far, the only detractors to this event are the guy's with Bayliner v-drive types & fishing complaints in so far as
I see.... You see them, you know the ones : On the shore, fat & ugly wife at their side...Crying about : If I only had an invite to this event for my boat, if I even had a boat, why dont they allow jets, If I owned this lake, etc .... geeezzuss the list goes on stop[ it already !!!
So. To all you other V-Drive PUSSIES and the types described above & also the dorks that want to go to Pyramid on that day...
** Go ahead, you'll speed more in gas to get there and
you'll also spend the day with the Ranger eyebrow'in you too ...
Dave, does a hell of a job and history proves its a great place
to be in OUR OWN BACKYARD with no restrictions and law looking at us all day ( read: zoomies, no speed limits allowed !!! ) on a nice Sunday with the family for a spectacle .... Theres a mini store on site stocked with all the munchies, soda & beer you & the boys, wife & the kids can drink....
So come out out, slap some sunscreen on and smell the gas fumes ....Support the event for future events sake !!! remmeber this guy doesnt have to open his lake up to teh V drive community at all.
As for me, I'll be Crack'in a beer, pop'in a EZ up and sittin in my azz in that favorite chair and chill out ... Oh !!! Its my birthday party too, so come on by and see the fat kid having a ball !
Rick32
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

SpongeBob SquarePants
05-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
why dont they allow jets,
Can I get an invitation please pretty please? I want to prove that Jets are faster then V-drives!! And if I can’t beat them, I will just have to run into them! Plus I just love jumping over those big V-drive cruisers wakes. I will even put my trolling pole out the back of my boat so the fishermen will like me!! And if the lake is still low I don’t have to worry about my prop. And I promise at the end of the day I will flip my boat just like the last jet boater did!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1661spongebobboat-med.jpg

carbonmarine
05-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Sponge, you will be revealed.....seems I hit a nerve with the bayliner comment eh ? or was it the fat, ugly wife ?
Rick32

76BARRON
05-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Well said CARBO......
SPONGEBOB stop it! your killin me!......lol:D :D :D

BILLY.B
05-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Dave does a great job with this event and should have as much support as possible. I for one won't be able to bring the boat as i'm getting ready for CFW which was planned a year ago. There is also Al Alcorn's deal at Big River starting that week of fathersday and a NJBA event the following weekend after CFW & Big River so I think alot of guys who would normally be supporting this event have prior comitments and don't want to jepordize there equipment before they even get there. Just my .02. Hopefully the next one doesn't fall near any other outtings that have been around for along time. :cool:

Jetboatguru
05-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Dave does a great job with this event and should have as much support as possible. I for one won't be able to bring the boat as i'm getting ready for CFW which was planned a year ago. There is also Al Alcorn's deal at Big River starting that week of fathersday and a NJBA event the following weekend after CFW & Big River so I think alot of guys who would normally be supporting this event have prior comitments and don't want to jepordize there equipment before they even get there. Just my .02. Hopefully the next one doesn't fall near any other outtings that have been around for along time. :cool:
How can you not love Billy?
Diplomatic, great driver, mannered and looks like Paul Williams.
I agree Billy, the Irvine deal is bad ass but the timing on it is a little off for me this go around. I will make the next one though.

Sangster
05-19-2004, 07:36 PM
He's My HERO................. :cool: :cool: :cool:

dmontzsta
05-19-2004, 07:38 PM
I dont know much, but I think it is safe to say there are alot more v-drives that are faster than jets in SoCal right? :confused:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-19-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm going as a talent scout for my next movie. Any of you up and comers ready for the (not so) big screen, come out and show off a little for the camera!:cool:
I'll be shooting from the shade of carbonmarines ez up!!!:D

wsuwrhr
05-19-2004, 08:54 PM
no v-drive boat to pedal. maybe next year.
I would like to check out the boat, and I would like the camping deal. I just don't want to take a vdrivers spot.
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
I would like to check out the boat, and I would like the camping deal. I just don't want to take a vdrivers spot.
Brian
Come hang out with us Brian, groupies and future v-drive owners are welcome.:D :D :D

carbonmarine
05-20-2004, 06:13 AM
well said V-Vid..... You know, It was a pleasure to meet you last time around.... lol, I had to scurry around the place last time to break a bill to buy one of you vids... I have it at work and watch it here when it gets slow....
Anyhow, Yes. This event is a "Come one, Come all & Families dealio, we're having a have a good time right here in Orange County for the day type of thing "....... and you'll make it home in time for 60 Minutes, Sopranos or Martha Stewart's Jail Cell Kitchen Show ....
**What ever your into.... As for me: Hopefully V-Drive Vid has a new product to sell me....
Cheers and looking forward to sitt'in fat & smell'in gas fumes !
Rick32/ Carbo :cool:

76BARRON
05-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Brian
Brian, come on out anyway! there is no way you can take a v-driver's spot unless your bringing a v-drive your self!!
As far as spectator's the more the merrier!!!
You don't want everybody there to be sayin ;
I WISH WSUWRHR WERE HERE!:D
how's that for poetry:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 76BARRON
Thats funny John!!:D

Nucking futs
05-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Hey v-drivevid im locked out of your site and i want to order some vids can ya help a brotha out????:cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Nucking futs
Hey v-drivevid im locked out of your site and i want to order some vids can ya help a brotha out????:cool:
I justed checked the site, it seems to be working properly. :confused: Are you trying the online ordering cart or the free sample videos page?

Nucking futs
05-20-2004, 08:38 AM
got in thanks,and it was old vid sampler thanks again.

roostwear
05-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Brian, come on out anyway! there is no way you can take a v-driver's spot unless your bringing a v-drive your self!!
As far as spectator's the more the merrier!!!
It'd sound like a whole lotta people with a bad stutter.......

77charger
05-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
Come hang out with us Brian, groupies and future v-drive owners are welcome.:D :D :D How about retired racers or riverrats2 stars?:D :)

repo man
05-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by ColeTR1
Guys leave the cruisers at home the lake is to small. No one likes rules but with a little management and some more water in the lake this could be a great event. I would set up a one-direction parade lane for boats to make passes in. Also limit the size of the boats to less then twenty feet. And tell the rock-throwing fishermen to fish from the shore!! Doing this you could have a hundred boats there and it won’t be crowded.
gn boats are cool run well in excess of 100 mph but they are like cruisers. are they cool enough for you?

ColeTR1
05-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by repo man
gn boats are like cruisers.
GN boat like a cruiser! :confused: Show me one!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/61gn113_02.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/61gn747_05.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/61gn7_01.jpg

76BARRON
05-20-2004, 10:06 PM
me personaly, would love to see some BAD ASS GN BOAT'S
out there !!! but's that's just me:D

HM
05-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ColeTR1
GN boat like a cruiser! :confused: Show me one!
GN's:
Typically 20 - 22 feet in length.
NOT a flat bottom.
Monster wakes.
Besides, there are a couple of Cruisers that were spanking a Lot of the flatties. One of them being a Rush that is a Kilo record holder? The guy that owned that boat also had a bitchen Schiada cruiser that would only go about 90 mph. And don't forget Dam-to-Dam Mike! He had no problem with running 100ish in the rough stuff, although some of you had a problem with it.
Is the guy with the direct drive skiff allowed to come?
Seems to me, that if you got an invitation, then you are free to run what ya brung. I got a funny feeling that there will be a few cruisers;)

76BARRON
05-25-2004, 07:52 AM
a funny thing thing happend on the way to the forum..............
....I sent them(irvine lake)a photo of my boat..... and they sent
lil ol me an invitation...can you belive that? I guess they'll let
in just about anybody:D now what are we going to do about this
crappy ass weather:frown:
Here is an idea. If the lake doesn't have a rule/policy set up
maybe the driver's can get together and agree to stop boats at top of each hour for 10 or 15 min(9:00 to 9:15,10:00to10:15
and so on)so the fast guys can have some flat water?
maybe some sort of flag or banner to indicate this on a boat or on the beach? maybe a sign at the gate? or a flyer can be handed out as you enter?I am just thinking out loud as I am
looking forward to this event and hope everyone has a great time!
what do ya think?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
GN's: One of them being a Rush that is a Kilo record holder?
This is driving me crazy! I taped everybody and don't remember seeing a Rush out there, unless your referring to the black and white GN-69 from the first outing??
Also, aren't all three GN kilo records held by Raysoncraft?
Maybe I'm getting senile?:frown:

HM
05-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
This is driving me crazy! I taped everybody and don't remember seeing a Rush out there, unless your referring to the black and white GN-69 from the first outing??
Also, aren't all three GN kilo records held by Raysoncraft?
Maybe I'm getting senile?:frown:
Yah - he was at the first event, not the second. And yes, Raysoncraft holds all three. But, that Rush boat set a couple of the records that were later broken. My point was that it is a fast boat, faster than most of the flatties there. And his other boat, the Schiada Cruiser was damn impressive too.
I am down with Barron's idea - I will volunteer to help! We will probably need to keep it on a gentleman's agreement level so that we don't put any undue liability on Irvine Lake and Dave - flyers will probably not fly. :rolleyes: :o

dmontzsta
06-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Which day is the best to go?
I am thinking about going to spectate.

76BARRON
06-02-2004, 04:09 PM
SUNDAY!
saturday starts in the late afternoon. 4:00 pm I think? so it will be a short day. BUT! sat nite there may be a band?party?or?
call and ask! 714-649-9113 ask for lisa

76BARRON
06-06-2004, 05:06 PM
7 DAY'S TO GO!

carbonmarine
06-07-2004, 08:40 AM
Is it the weekend yet ????
Who ever has zooies, but doesnt have them on yet, hurry you got all weekend to gett'em, bolted on ! ...
Rick32

dmontzsta
06-07-2004, 08:50 AM
I look forward to going. I hope to meet some of you finally. I will look for Jerry with the camera and say hi, hopefully he has some vids there to check out, even though I am broke I will be tempted and maybe convince the significant other to buy one. :D
Look for a young white guy with a newly shaved head (it should be untanned) haha I am just getting used to not having hair again and I like it. The boss calls me a nazi. :)
BTW: I will be footing it, no boat this time around. I will have the family with me, my little boy is going to have a blast.

hboldno7
06-09-2004, 01:29 PM
see Ya'll on Sunday.
look for me somewhere around this boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/570big_air.jpg
Marcel :D

Ntwotrance
06-09-2004, 01:46 PM
The family and I had a blast at the last one, we will definately be there this Sunday.

dmontzsta
06-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Anyone know what they charge to spectate?

76BARRON
06-13-2004, 06:14 AM
$10.00 ea

dmontzsta
06-13-2004, 07:39 AM
$10.00 ea
Thanks, see you all there.
Look for the freshly shaven bald dude. :)

schiada96
06-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I got a first had look at the rollover today glad nobody ws hurt. Too slow of a sharp turn and a roller was all it took

Cs19
06-14-2004, 08:58 PM
It was a great event and it was put on very well. Dave N. mentioned he wants to throw a jet event in the near future, hopefully he follows through, i mentioned to him maybe throwing a "***boat" or "hotrod" event with both jets and flats. That would be cool. I understand you cant invite everyone, but i think 60-75 boats out there would be no problem after seeing what 51 boats looked like out there, definatly an invite only.
Was there some kind of rules about going fast or anything? I never saw one solid pass other than a cracker or daycruiser. :confused: and the water was dead calm.

77charger
06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by cs19
and the water was dead calm. If you were on the water it wasnt flat enough for a good blast.I went for a ride in a friends boat sunday and i would have only had a couple of good oppurtunitys to do so.satevening from what i heard was perfect.
IMO i like to be safe than sorry if it aint perfect or?able i'll pass i wouldnt want to crash at 125+

Cs19
06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Charger, from the beach it looked very calm, but i know what you mean how its another story when you get out there.
I heard Steve laid a few passes down Sat. night, wish I could have seen that.
You guys figure out what was up with your bosses boat?

HM
06-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Regarding conditions....
I set my alarm for 5 AM on Sunday so that I would not miss any fast passes. Nobody out! DEAD CALM. Fell back asleep and woke up at 7 AM - still nobody out. After 7, a couple went out, a couple of nice passes, but for the most part it was vacant.
Later on conditions got rougher as the GN's and Crackers headed out. Infact, a couple of the cruisers and GN's had purposely waited to get in the water so that the "fast" boats could run. After a lack of runs, one guy said "f'em, I going out to f up the water - the "fast" boats had their chance - we're not waiting all day."
BTW - the guy from the Outdoor channel was a major numbskull! He proceeded to give everyone who walked up to the Outdoor Channel Crackerbox a lesson on these boats - when all he really knew was the marketing catch phrases (perhaps he knew more, but I walked away during his monologue(s)).

HM
06-14-2004, 10:43 PM
I should give credit to the guys that did get out and run.....there was just a LOT of (K) boats that did not seem to make it out on Sunday. Like I can say anything....I brought a boat with no engine! :rolleyes: I was up on Trailer Queen row with Batman and a few others. I think Batman sold the Bat-mo-Hydro for $15K.
It was a fun event as usual. I made it out without being beotch slapped once - a good thing. Although Brett Bayne had a "friend" with him that I would have enjoyed a beotch slapping from.:D Did I say that outloud?

dmontzsta
06-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
I should give credit to the guys that did get out and run.....there was just a LOT of (K) boats that did not seem to make it out on Sunday. Like I can say anything....I brought a boat with no engine! :rolleyes: I was up on Trailer Queen row with Batman and a few others. I think Batman sold the Bat-mo-Hydro for $15K.
It was a fun event as usual. I made it out without being beotch slapped once - a good thing. Although Brett Bayne had a "friend" with him that I would have enjoyed a beotch slapping from.:D Did I say that outloud?
damn your sig, I keep seeing my name. :)

carbonmarine
06-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey Moly,
Great hanging with ya... cant wait til the next.... You should come to lunch with fat boy & I soon..!! Mexican - ALWAYS
Rick32/ Carbon