PDA

View Full Version : Liberal media fighting to get back on track...

HighRoller
05-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Obviously the press must be upset that all their hard work to smear the military with the Iraqi prison "scandal" got shelved by that little incident with Nick Berg. But not to worry, the scandal is back on the front page now and they are refusing to show the beheading out of "concern" for our fragile little eyes. Can you say agenda? So here's what I think we need to do. Everyone needs to call at least one TV or radio station in their area and demand that the video be shown. Then tell a friend to call them and spread the word. THIS NEEDS TO BE SHOWN! The elites in the media, who are predominently anti-war and anti-military are afraid that the beheading will incite pro-war sentiment so they're not showing it. Also, the major news outlets are lying to you about the "motive" for the beheading. They're towing the terrorist line that this was "revenge" for the prison humiliations etc... One problem with that. Nick Berg was killed BEFORE the pictures from the prison were ever released, so how could it have been revenge? Did anyone hear this little relevant factoid from the news outlets? I didn't. I turn down the radio now at the top and bottom of the hour because I'm tired of all the slanting and spin that people call "news" these days. When a supposedly "objective" reporter says a military General's report was "blistering", doesn't that constitute the reporter's opinion and not the facts? I'm tired of getting an editorial instead of the facts and we need to do something about it.

OutCole'd
05-12-2004, 03:53 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I refuse to watch the video out of respect for the family & I do not wish to view it. The last thing I want is for my young children to watch such a horrific act. I do not need to deal with their nightmares because of it.

Dave C
05-12-2004, 04:00 PM
The media doesn't want you to see disturbing pictures because you might make up your own mind.....
Here is a link to a right wing talk show host that has pictures of not only the beheading but also the beheaded Daniel Pearl and pictures of people jumping out of world trade center.
This images are not shown on the evening news because people might get "upset".
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

twistedpair
05-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
How can you win a war on terrorism?? Especially when you can't tell who is and who isn't a terrorist? :(
RD
The question should be, how can you NOT win ? This is a whole new ball game that we need to figure out real soon, and win at all costs. We must do whatever it takes. If that means covert 'black' ops, undeclared war, assasinations, whatever, thats what we need to do. In a case like this you must do what you gotta do and ask forgiveness later, as opposed to asking permission beforehand.

twistedpair
05-12-2004, 04:23 PM
All I'm saying is that we WILL figure this out.
We have no choice. The rest of the world has been dealing with the loons for decades. I lived in the Phillipenes in the late 70's and even then ,there were places Americans couldn't go or muslim exremists would kill you. Why did'nt they mess with us on our turf? cuz they couldn't. Our intel is not what it once was and we are paying the price.

Scream
05-12-2004, 04:25 PM
During the Carter administration, most of our black ops were shelved. During the Regan and Bush (the senior) adminstrations, the military was built back up to where it needed to be. During the Clinton administration, again the military suffered, from lack of funding, lack of morale, lack of support from the commander in chief...
President Bush (the junior) has a tough road to hoe, but he's already instilled higher morale in our military than the previous administration did. This and he has surrounded himself with people who understand the military establishment and how to use it. I agree we need to step up black ops.
I also think that we should have already gone into Najaf and capped that idot al-Sadr and rounded up all the dipshits that follow him and dig a big hole...
This whole thing pisses me off to no end...:mad:

HighRoller
05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
How can anyone say we "can't" win? Can't???? What can't this nation do? We defeated the Nazis and the Japanese at the same time. We brought down the Berlin Wall, then ended the Iron Curtain and brought communism in Russia to an end. Now we're faced with a group of dirty cowards who blow up women and children as their way of waging war and you're saying we can't win? Well, either we fight them now or they choose later when they want to fight. Each one of these pieces of crap we kill in Iraq is one who can't come here and fly an airliner into your relative's office building. Do you think if they move here they'd have any problem raising little terrorists? And one day that little scumbag will walk into your child's school wrapped in dynamite and kill your child for "the glory of Allah". And when you sit around and wonder"how could this happen" you'll realize we had the chane(like right now) to deal with the problem on their turf instead of ours!

HighRoller
05-12-2004, 04:31 PM
And a final thought for those who say we "CAN'T"... We already ARE winning. There were less terror attacks in 2002 and 2003 than there were in any year since 1969, and terror attacks are down 45% since 9-11. Coincidence? I think not. Some stats you won't see in the Anti-Bush media.

MagicMtnDan
05-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
...Muslim Extremist over here looks exactly like the clerk behind 7/11.. small problem. Do you kill them both? Complete genocide of all the middle easterners? Is that your solution?
...And further more, when you do start killing them off, you are in fact breeding more hatred becuase now you just killed blahblah's brother and now he hates us which, causes him to want to avenge his brother and so forth and so forth :( it's a never ending cycle. This is why there is no solution to the palestninian / Isreali problem.
RD
Dave, Dave, Dave.
Wouldn't it be great if the bad guys wore uniforms and all came from a certain country. We could kill them all and bomb the country into submission. Sure this is difficult but it's a WAR that MUST be fought and it's a war WE MUST WIN.
We all can do our parts by not buying into the liberal propaganda, the self-hating liberals who think we're the problem. The lefties who somehow forgot about 9/11 and blame the US for what "we've done to the rest of the world." Support the President and his policies until someone even better comes along (another subject completely). Until then Bush must be re-elected.
As for your comment about "no solution to the Palestinian/Israeli problem" you couldn't be more wrong. Until the Palestinians stop getting funded by the rest of the Arab world, until the Palestinians stop trying to kill Jews, until the Palestinians recognize the right of Israel to exist, and until the Palestinians actually act like a country and want to peacefully co-exist with Israel, Israel will act like the United States should act - strongly, forcefully, and swiftly.
How many terrorist attacks have occurred in Israel since the Israelis assassinated the last two leaders of Hamas, the terrorist organization sworn to kill Jews? Answer - almost none! And after each time the Israelis killed the Hamas leader, Hamas threatened to massacres Jews.
Cut off the heads of the enemy leaders as Israel has done and peace will be won! All we need to do is have the balls that Israel has - they understand what it means to fight a war for their survival.
Our problem is we don't believe we're fighting for our survival. And that explains an awful lot about this country's current condition and its leadership.