PDA

View Full Version : Crowler Stacks ??

Moneypitt
05-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm looking for some Crowler inj. stacks. 2.9, a set,(used) or just a couple for spares. The PS boat lost one long one at the parker race, so we need at least one long one, but will consider any that might be out there laying around in someones garage. I know I can get them from Ron's or Kinsler, they're just so expensive.. A blue bell would really be cool, but we'd like to talk to anyone that has any length, color, etc. .......6 wks til Burley......C'mon...Moneypitt....PM me please.........

PE 316
05-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Moneypit,
I know what you are talking about. I lost one of my 2.9" Kinsler "ram tubes." The price in their Price Book is about $30. But what the price book doesn't tell you is that the bottom of the ram tube has to be "turned-down" to fit in the ram tube adaptor. So they added another $40 in LABOR to perform that. Oh wait, lets also add $10 shipping and handling for a grand total of $80.
Let's also not forget that it is bare unfinished "aluminum." It does not match the other 7 that are polished & powder-coated...
That will be another $40. What's that, the powder-coating won't match the others very closely??? How about $80 to strip and re-coat all 8 to match...
Grand Total to replace (one) "ram tube": $160.00

boatguy222
05-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Ray,
Rons' don't make the Crower stacks anymore, Art has my spare from the Crower days, you might check with him, you might check ebay, but most of the stuff there is small block.
take back you empties and cough for the Kinslers, if want a match set.

Moneypitt
05-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Kinslers are one piece tubes, which is ok I guess, we pop rivit the bells on anyway so the one piece deal is okay, just stout $ wise. Before the Ming crash I had cut them all to the short length, (we're just WOT tuners), so I may start whacking these off short as well. We salvaged some tubes, but only short ones...I know someones got a nice blue long tube laying around......still hoping, .......................Moneypitt

GofastRacer
05-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Let me straighen this out!. Ron's still have the Crower deal and he still has the staggered two piece stacks(at the specified lenght for Chevy heads), the bells are $21.90 and the tubes are $29.70, the bells are are spun and don't come annoed, the tubes are a satin finish. Kinsler used to make the bells but they quit making them and all they have are one piece stacks!..
BTW, I got my manifold and the bells annoed for $150!..

Fiat48
05-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Round table Pizza cup works in a pinch. Notice winning car. Less weight and cheap also.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/374Roundtable_1061_x_590_-med.jpg:D :D:D
After this, I drilled the stacks and bolted the stacks instead of relying on clamping.

GofastRacer
05-12-2004, 08:32 PM
ROLMFAO!..:D :D :D
Notice what car is in front also!..:D

Fiat48
05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
We think the 32 ouncer is quicker than the 48 ouncer, due to the more efficient taper of the 32 ounce cup. It's not all about size...you know.:D

GofastRacer
05-12-2004, 08:39 PM
There ya go!.:D :D

GofastRacer
05-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I had a problem with clamping the stacks once only because the original owner thought that you had to use a breaker bar to tighened the stacks so I just used some shim stock around the tube and it worked great, never lost a stack, the bells I just press them down tight and drill a hole on each side and use stainless rivets, never have a problem!..:)

Moneypitt
05-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Fiat, I hope you rinsed that cup real good, that soda residue might put the fuel check off the scale, and the ice, well thats the early version of squeeze............

boatguy222
05-13-2004, 03:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GofastRacer
[B]Let me straighen this out!. Ron's still have the Crower deal and he still has the staggered two piece stacks
WTF Art, It was you, who told me that Ron was done with the Stack injection.
Leave it to me to spread the mis information :rolleyes: LOL

Hud
05-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Had 2 0r 3 sets posted about 2 months ago, C"mon! Ebay!

GofastRacer
05-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by boatguy222
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GofastRacer
[B]Let me straighen this out!. Ron's still have the Crower deal and he still has the staggered two piece stacks
WTF Art, It was you, who told me that Ron was done with the Stack injection.
Leave it to me to spread the mis information :rolleyes: LOL
Marc, they still have the whole Crower deal, they're just not going to make the stack deal for the big block anymore but you can still get parts!..