PDA

View Full Version : Richard Lee camshaft??

FrznJim
11-03-2002, 05:43 PM
I have a Richard Lee camshaft #RL-2 in my turbo engine. I have called Lee Performance many times, leave a message but never get a return call. Does anyone know where I can get specs on this cam?? Is it a roller, flat tappet or what?

Rexone
11-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Call Gary Teague at GT Performance in Montclair CA. He uses a lot of Richard's stuff and probably can tell you exactly what it is (just my guess). http://www.gtmarine.com/htm/2ndHome.htm
Good luck :)

flat broke
11-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Jim,
If you cant get a solid answer by asking, pull a valvecover, install a degree wheel and measure the cam out the old fashioned way. That way you'll know for absolute certain what the specs are.
Good luck,
Chris

FrznJim
11-04-2002, 11:54 PM
Mike and Chris,
Thanks for the tips. I contacted Gary Teague today and he was able to give me some info on the camshaft.
The good news today is that we were able to change out the turbo wheels to less aggressive ones and the boost is down to 11 psi from 28. Now we can at least let the dyno load the engine. Also, we discovered that the engine timing was retarded 7 degrees from the computer program. Will keep you posted on the horsepower and torque numbers we get

flat broke
11-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Jim,
Thanks for the update on your setup. I for one really appreciate you sharing with us as you go through your excercise as it sheds light on topics and information for the rest of us to consider when we start our own projects. For that you get a big thumbs up.
Congrats on getting the boost down to a manageable level. So did you go with smaller turbine or compressor wheels? (I want to see if my theory panned out :) ) I can't wait to hear what your numbers come out at once she's dialed in. If you don't mind, could you refresh my memory on the specs for the long block?
Keep up the good work, and thanks again for sharing the info.
Chris