PDA

View Full Version : xr or imco

565edge
05-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Im getting a xr drive built with a imco 2" shorter.The drive isnt finished and i can upgrade to a imco sc with either a 2" or 3" shorter lower.This is going on a 22' daytona that has a blackhawk bottom.What drive should i go for?If i go imco what lower should i go 2" or 3" shorter?

565edge
05-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Well i went with the imco sc and 3" shorter drive.My boat has the highest x dimesion you can put on a 22' daytona.I hope i can get it on plane.

Krumbsnatcher
05-18-2004, 03:46 PM
for the money the IMCO SC is a way better drive than an XR.
I run an IMCO SC with the standard satin botton with a 1.25 prop shaft.
Magic Wizzard 29

bajaboater502
06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Hello gentleman I need help. I just had a new Bravo 1 Xr upper and new Imco extreme lower 2 inch shorter with a satin finish installed on my baja 272 that is couple to a Merc 500 Hp. I just ran it today for the first time and I am disapointed to say the least. The boat ran about 8 mph slower than before and when I trim it out at about the 3/4 point the steering wants to kick right. I am using the same Hydromotive 4 blade lab finished prop as I did with the old bravo 1. Can anyone tell me why it is now slower. I expected to pick up a mph or two not lose 8. I am using gps for the speed, and the boat planes pretty well with the tabs down, although I can blow the prop out if the tabs are up and I get on it real hard from a dead stop. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks, Ron