PDA

View Full Version : Martinez - Fishers 5/22 & 5/23

BarryMac
05-13-2004, 06:18 AM
Anyone going out to Martinez - Fishers on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd? Look for us in the attachment.

copper
05-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Yes. 20th-24th.

Rubths
05-13-2004, 07:19 AM
I am going this weekend but then im out till Memorial day, I have a business trip Monday to Sunday next week.

GrapeApe
05-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by copper
Yes. 20th-24th.
Wayne-o, just tell us the 1-2 weeks you wont be there this summer... Retired life must be good...:D

cheezpanel
05-13-2004, 12:28 PM
We'll be there. Can't wait! More than 2 weeks between trips is too long:D

BarryMac
05-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Tell me about it being to long, it's been 2 1/2 years for me, I am ready. :(
cheezpanel, what are you runnin...

cheezpanel
05-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
Tell me about it being to long, it's been 2 1/2 years for me, I am ready. :(
cheezpanel, what are you runnin...
2 1/2 years...whoa. If I didn't go for that long I'd probably be able to pay cash for a new boat with all the money I'd save. :D Here's a pic of my boat...

copper
05-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by GrapeApe
Wayne-o, just tell us the 1-2 weeks you wont be there this summer... Retired life must be good...:D
After memorial weekend we won't be back out till late july. We got a month long sand dune trip up to Idaho. See you guys tomorrow.

TOBTEK
05-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by cheezpanel
2 1/2 years...whoa. If I didn't go for that long I'd probably be able to pay cash for a new boat with all the money I'd save. :D Here's a pic of my boat...
cheeze....go ahead and use our spot for parking if you like. we arent ever coming back out there:rolleyes: while your at it....sell my 22, trailer at H/S......what a waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

cheezpanel
05-14-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
cheeze....go ahead and use our spot for parking if you like. we arent ever coming back out there:rolleyes: while your at it....sell my 22, trailer at H/S......what a waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$:D
Oh no you don't...you're stayin':D Thought I'd let you know, I'm keeping the 22. It'll just have to do for now, especially since your words of wisdom talked me into it!
Got a quote, better coverage. Premium WAS 1960.00 and found a new policy for 1130.00!!! How's your boat coming along?

TOBTEK
05-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Oh no you don't...you're stayin':D Thought I'd let you know, I'm keeping the 22. It'll just have to do for now, especially since your words of wisdom talked me into it!
Got a quote, better coverage. Premium WAS 1960.00 and found a new policy for 1130.00!!! How's your boat coming along?
JOE AND DAVE are taking good care of me. The new powerhead should be off back order sometime this month. Wanted to have it ready for the four day weekend coming up........BUT now we are driving 12 hours EACH WAY to her mothers house up north:rolleyes: riggggggggggggght, that what id rather do:mad: oh well, im kinda thinking of bailing on our 22 again...hehehehe, I know what your going to say....but atleast you use yours. you would never guess what I want to buy! EVEN Mrs Tobtek is trying to talk in out of it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135000001DECKBOAT.jpg
cant you just see it with a over the top BLINGING paint job...I can! 26' deckboat boat with a 175 max for 13 grand! Im thinking if I dont use it...SO WHAT ITS PAID FOR.....I think the lines look alot like a conquest for about 80K less.....take the cash and payoff a bunch of crap......cheap fun. I will probably just keep the DCB, keep wifey happy and suffer;) ....im a giver!

cheezpanel
05-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey Toby, you probably don't remember the guy who was with me when I talked to you at HS, but he has that exact same boat with a 97 I think 200 or 225 Evinrude. He put two biminis on it and it also can be fully enclosed for camping. He was thinking of selling his too, but I told him just buff the shit out of it...with a little TLC it's a cool boat. From far away you can't tell that it's not a high dollar boat. Seats like 15 people. When he comes off the river he just hoses it out...NO worries. I know how you feel justifying all that money for not much use. I went through the same thing with my Ultra about 5 yrs ago....sold everything, then a few yrs later we were back into it, and prices on EVERYTHING went up:(

Screaming Pete
05-14-2004, 08:37 AM
tobtek is that a bayliner??? I think aftershock splased it to and maybe hurracane

TOBTEK
05-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
tobtek is that a bayliner??? I think aftershock splased it to and maybe hurracane
PETE....SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DONT TELL ANYONE!;) im embarrassed to even admit it, but its pretty cool for a bayliner with a "tobtek custom designs" paintjob, nobody would even know who made it, other than its a cool looking deckboat for cheap......Im really thinking about doing it...IF I can convince wifey...PAID FOR would be really nice for a few years, wait for a good deal, and insurance to calm down on a MACH26. PLUS with the babies, id be freaking out with a expensive boat......barf, poop, all the crap you have to carry! The biggest problem is where in the heck can I paint that beast...need to rent some space somewhere close to home!

Screaming Pete
05-14-2004, 11:28 AM
First step derigg, take and put everything in storage, take to bulavard s/p and do all prep, to dcb for spray booth rental, petes house to rerigg outside sorry, use for summer and sell for 60KI:cool:

TOBTEK
05-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
First step derigg, take and put everything in storage, take to bulavard s/p and do all prep, to dcb for spray booth rental, petes house to rerigg outside sorry, use for summer and sell for 60KI:cool:
DCB=ELCAJON.......TOBTEK=NO.COUNTY = TOBTEK+SPRAY BOOTH IN N.COUNTY
Ya know anybody with a big booth up here?

ROZ
05-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
The biggest problem is where in the heck can I paint that beast...need to rent some space somewhere close to home!
Let's paint it in the coldesac! :D
I know the guys who own esco paint and body. If you serious, I'll call to ask if you can rent their big rig paint booth! :)

Rubths
05-14-2004, 03:04 PM
SDMIKEY just bought that exact boat with a 2.5 merc on the back. for a Bayliner its got great lines! Dont be embarraced you will have a deck cat for under 15k after the paint job. Shiat tell me where it is and I will cancel the order on my Cheetah and buy it from under you;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135000001DECKBOAT.jpg

SD MIKEY
05-14-2004, 10:19 PM
I bought a 1995 2309, I guess its 23' 9". They are hard to find I went to AZ for mine. The 26 looks better but I found this one and went for it. Had it out last trip, its like 38mph with a 15p prop. Nothing like my STV, but the wife and kid are a lot happier. Which means more trips for me. The top deck is all sealed and doesnt leak into the hull, washing it down gets no water in the boat, it all goes out the sides. Im gonna try a 17 prop and see how it does maybe I can get a few more mph out her. If I had a garage at the river I think I would have something better but I have a hard time thinking about a nice boat out in the weather, even if it has a good cover, just not my style. With this one you can run it hard and put it away wet :)
TOBTEK what is the price for a custom little something paint job. How long does it take? Any discount for being the first one? By the way we never use the B word! Its a deck boat, tunnel hull too. Oh and they're paid for! You gotta like that, no bills!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=696451

SD MIKEY
05-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Fun boat!

TOBTEK
05-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SD MIKEY
I bought a 1995 2309, I guess its 23' 9". They are hard to find I went to AZ for mine. The 26 looks better but I found this one and went for it. Had it out last trip, its like 38mph with a 15p prop. Nothing like my STV, but the wife and kid are a lot happier. Which means more trips for me. The top deck is all sealed and doesnt leak into the hull, washing it down gets no water in the boat, it all goes out the sides. Im gonna try a 17 prop and see how it does maybe I can get a few more mph out her. If I had a garage at the river I think I would have something better but I have a hard time thinking about a nice boat out in the weather, even if it has a good cover, just not my style. With this one you can run it hard and put it away wet :)
TOBTEK what is the price for a custom little something paint job. How long does it take? Any discount for being the first one? By the way we never use the B word! Its a deck boat, tunnel hull too. Oh and they're paid for! You gotta like that, no bills!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=696451
I WOULD LOVE TO ....... BUT I dont have anywhere close to spray it:frown: and my wife and neighbors would just Kill me if I attempted that at home! Im looking for somewhere in the north County I can start spraying larger projects....like boats:)
OH BTW: love the placements of your "deepsand" sticker over the B word:D

Mandelon
05-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Can't you just call it a "Rendezvous?" :D

SD MIKEY
05-18-2004, 10:52 PM
The stickers are in the right spot, thats for sure!
I would rather just call it a deck boat.
TOBTEC I saw one in Phoenix for 13,500, looks nice.

cheezpanel
05-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Four more hours!!! Then we're outta here!! The time from lunch on Friday until you get on the freeway is the longest frickin part of the week:mad:

GrapeApe
05-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Four more hours!!! Then we're outta here!! The time from lunch on Friday until you get on the freeway is the longest frickin part of the week:mad:
Hey Bill, Have a great trip, and we will see you next weekend...
*** Grape Ape ***

Brady Bunch
05-21-2004, 11:36 AM
I know what you mean! I think next week for me will fell like forever! Me and Grape will be leaving after work next Thursday for Memorial weekend!
6 days until next trip...........

cheezpanel
05-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by GrapeApe
He Bill, Have a great trip, and we will see you next weekend...
*** Grape Ape ***
Jeff, lookin forward to it. We'll be in my buddy's 27ft "Tob's next boat" bayliner. I'll just be a passenger w/ no worries:D