PDA

View Full Version : for you gear heads

mikev
05-13-2004, 11:37 AM
funny
parts store (http://www.kalecoauto.com/)
blinker fluid change (http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/index.html)
:D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
05-13-2004, 12:53 PM
some blends of blinker fluids are almost as hard to find as a radiator for a 67 corviar but little do some parts stores know one from a 66 VW beetle will work just the same . you just have to relocate the blinker fluid overflow behind the rotator splint to beside the PTO knob on the conveyor linkage
C.T. :wink:

dicudmore
05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
thats about as bad as this poor asian man I had with me in a tech class years ago that brought his Toyota in to do a leak down test or some something on.
I told him it sounded like it had a bad piston return spring, and he was even more mortified to hear that it was made of unobtanium...

truksnboats
05-13-2004, 01:20 PM
anyone know where i can get a muffler bearing??

Desert Rat
05-13-2004, 02:39 PM
How about prop wash?....
Or maybe bulkhead remover?...
Does anybody have 50 feet of Flight Line??
And I think now that Jesse James is doing car part commercials he might be able to get his hands on a Framastat or a chrome canooter or two...
You have to have a Aero background for a few of these :D

Cheap Thrills
05-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by truksnboats
anyone know where i can get a muffler bearing??
40 weight ? steel or ceramic ?
C.T. :wink:

izquik72
05-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I have a set of High Performance Bumper bolts for sale Cheap Cheap$$

twistedpair
05-13-2004, 03:54 PM
I used to work in a parts store, and one day this lady comes in with this HUGE shopping list from her hubby. So I'm writing stuff down and she finally gets to the end of the list, which is 'muffler bearings'.
I promptly ask if she wanted chrome or stainless, and she GOES OFF!
"God Damn it! he never gives me all the information, I hate this shit! Can I use your phone?" So i Dial up hubby and hand her the phone and she's yapping him up one side and down the other. Hubby tells her to calm down and put me on the phone.
I take the phone and this dude is just about pissing himself laughing. He tells me to act like I'm looking them up, and tell Him I don't stock them and send wifey on her way with the rest of the order.
Turns out he runs a shop and wifey actually knows a little about cars, but he likes to throw in oddball items to check the competency of his parts guys.
I passed the test!:D