PDA

View Full Version : Lake Ming Rollcall

Dave Sammons
05-13-2004, 01:42 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187700d9840_std-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/518703_10_NJBA_2191_002-med.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5187f59-1-med.jpg
Who all's going to Bakersfield this weekend? I'll be there driving Tom Farner's "Flat Bitchen" with my brother Rolf driving "License to Thrill" and the NJBA is going to let me go out and make a couple hot laps in Ken Bewick's "Miss California" Nostalgia 5 Litre Hydro. Should be fun!

Sangster
05-13-2004, 06:31 PM
We won't be making it.. But that looks Bad ass... Hope there's plenty of pics & video taken... Good Luck this weekend Dave & Rolf...

Fired Up
05-13-2004, 07:43 PM
The family and I will be there to watch dave. Hope to have the boat out for next month.......should be a great weekend!

ColeTR1
05-14-2004, 03:12 PM
I will Be there! Saturday only

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-14-2004, 05:06 PM
I'll be there. I'm bringin my posse in case the 13 year old kid wants to light me up again.:( :D .... Sat. only.

Spotondl
05-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
I'll be there. I'm bringin my posse in case the 13 year old kid wants to light me up again.:( :D .... Sat. only.
Is he still 13 or is he now 14, meaner and tougher? Do we need security? LOL

hboldno7
05-17-2004, 09:17 AM
So, How did "Flat Bitchen" run ?

Dave Sammons
05-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by hboldno7
So, How did "Flat Bitchen" run ?
We battled injector problems all weekend. The boat would stumble at the hit of the throttle and wouldn't clean out till well past the Tree. Even still, it ran a little over a hundred in the lights. Tom's going to take the whole rig up to Gorr to get it leaked and tuned. There's no question the thing should run in the 9's at 110 to 115. We'll take her back there before the year's out. My brother's boat(with a little tuneup and a prop we borrowed from Mr. Scarlotta and the Bling Bling crew) ran a best of 10.33 at 105.40. Not bad for a 28 yearold boat with a single carb! I also got a chance to drive that vintage hydroplane a couple times a day. They let me go out and hotlap for about 10 minutes each time. That was a great fun! But in the end, the thing I had the most fun doing was seeing some good friends, and to have both my brothers and sister, along with close friends and family at Lake Ming and just enjoy this sport we all love so much. If I get any good digital pictures, I'll throw'em up!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-17-2004, 06:31 PM
Strong showing for the Sammons brothers at Ming!:cool: Just needed Eric driving too!!
Dave and Rolf posted the slowest elasped times in drag race in history!Lol.
Dave, what did your time slips say on that famous race??:D :D I can allways review the $250,000 dollar video and check the time code!!
Did Rolf pop for the prop???
Good seein you guys as usual! We need to get together for a BBQ sometime.:cool:

ColeTR1
05-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Lisa, Eric & me had a great time! Good seeing everyone it's nice there. Great place to watch boats race and just hang with friends

Dave Sammons
05-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Strong showing for the Sammons brothers at Ming!:cool: Just needed Eric driving too!!
Dave and Rolf posted the slowest elasped times in drag race in history!Lol.
Dave, what did your time slips say on that famous race??:D :D I can allways review the $250,000 dollar video and check the time code!!
Did Rolf pop for the prop???
Good seein you guys as usual! We need to get together for a BBQ sometime.:cool:
We had a great time! Rolf and I really tried to make that grudge race happen. We'll get'er right next time. Tom Farner called today and said despite all the problems with the Crowers', he had fun as well. He might just be bringing it back for the September race. I'll have my sisters' blown gas Hondo done by October!
Rolf did buy the prop from the Bling Bling guys. It picked up the performance and I thought it made the boat handle real well. I think he's doing a nice job driving the thing too.
Sorry I didn't get to spend a little more time with you while you were there, but, between driving 2 boats and wrench'in, they kept me pretty busy. The NJBA guys loved the Hydro show and said we could come back anytime.
You're right we do need to get together soon. Saturday's down here in Carlsbad are kinda fun. They usually start out with a little bench racing and wrenching in the morning and then down to a little Bar and Grill with a patio for lunch and a few adult beverages. We'll have you home by 4pm, you'll be a hero to wifey!

Spotondl
05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
I have the video and have reviewed it and in my opinion we need to set up another grudge match.
VDV, the timecode is runtime so we can measure the total elapsed time but not the actual time of day..... LOL
Dave S. I have the most bitchen $250,000 video of you in that old hydro, you should be extremely stoked. Quite a ride if I don't say so myself... I will get it down converted asap and figure out a way to get it to those interested without ruffling too many feathers.
VDV you know what I mean.... Is it an enforcable contract if I didn't get an exact copy for my own personal records? DOH!!!
Thanks to all,
Rich

Dave Sammons
05-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Dave S. I have the most bitchen $250,000 video of you in that old hydro, you should be extremely stoked. Quite a ride if I don't say so myself
Rich,
We'd love to see it! And yes, it is quite a ride!

Dave Sammons
05-18-2004, 06:47 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Julie1-R2-19-med.jpg
Brother Rolf head'in out in "License to Thrill"

Dave Sammons
05-18-2004, 06:51 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Julie2-R1-19-med.jpg
"Flat Bitchin"

Dave Sammons
05-18-2004, 06:54 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Julie1-R1-18-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Julie2-R1-12.jpg
"Miss California"

Dave Sammons
05-18-2004, 06:56 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Julie2-R1-22-med.jpg
Rolf and Dave......"Brother's in Chutejackets"

Jetboatguru
05-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Dave you looked like you were having way too much fun out there. Rolf will easily be in the 10.00 range with a minor gear change. But then he will accidently get into the 9's and need more power etc etc. You know the story..........

Dave Sammons
05-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Jetboatguru
Dave you looked like you were having way too much fun out there. Rolf will easily be in the 10.00 range with a minor gear change. But then he will accidently get into the 9's and need more power etc etc. You know the story..........
10-4 on that! It never ends!

Fired Up
05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Dave,
Nice showing this weeknd for all of you. My wife also stopped by to give you her thanks. She really got a kick of you making the beach side pass and waving to everyone. Yes, she was the one on the lounge chair. Tell Rolf I'm working on catching him in the 10's real soon, so don't get too comfortable ....

Dave Sammons
05-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Fired Up
Dave,
Nice showing this weeknd for all of you. My wife also stopped by to give you her thanks. She really got a kick of you making the beach side pass and waving to everyone. Yes, she was the one on the lounge chair. Tell Rolf I'm working on catching him in the 10's real soon, so don't get too comfortable ....
I enjoyed talking with her. Sounds like you were giving her an education on how boat racing used to be. I asked for special permission to do the pass down the beach. The officials were real concerned about their lights! It was really neat to make that contact with the people on the beach. In the 70's and 80's that was standard operating procedure. I think we've lost alot of that in Drag Boat racing, and it's a shame. When we Circle race we still do it and even in the seat, it gives you a neat feeling. It could be brought back at Lake Ming real easy, along with staging in the marina. Now THAT would put some show back in Drag Boat Racing!

superdave013
05-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Dave Sammons
It could be brought back at Lake Ming real easy, along with staging in the marina. Now THAT would put some show back in Drag Boat Racing!
Bring back the burn outs!

Fired Up
05-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I remember that real well. That is what made it exciting for the audience, you could feel the boats when they made the burnouts. I made the suggestion to the NJBA (R.R. sr.) about doing just that for some of the open classes, not all of them. Just to try out. Bring back a little more excitement to the sport. Nothing yet....

Fired Up
05-19-2004, 11:20 AM
I remember that real well. That is what made it exciting for the audience, you could feel the boats when they made the burnouts. I made the suggestion to the NJBA (R.R. sr.) about doing just that for some of the open classes, not all of them. Just to try out. Bring back a little more excitement to the sport. Nothing yet....