PDA

View Full Version : Commander interior question for beginner

whitefire
05-13-2004, 05:30 PM
i have to yank the motor out of my 21 ft commander and i need to yank the back seat out for the guy to get the motor out. i was wondering if there are any tricks to it and what tools i will need to accomplish this task. I am mechanically inclined, but the boat is in havasu, or else i would look myself. Any heads up to this small task would be appreciated.

Ziggy
05-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by whitefire
i have to yank the motor out of my 21 ft commander and i need to yank the back seat out for the guy to get the motor out. i was wondering if there are any tricks to it and what tools i will need to accomplish this task. I am mechanically inclined, but the boat is in havasu, or else i would look myself. Any heads up to this small task would be appreciated.
I had to take mine out and it basically can be removed with a screwdriver by removing the various screws under the seat bottom and side panels. I'd suggest a drill/driver. My boat was the sunstreaker(20.5') and the whole rear seat came out with the rear side panels. Your model may be different but ought to similar. Think the 21 was the Hawk or newer model would be the LX.
Hope it helps some.

ROZ
05-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Like Ziggy said, the seat is easily removed by unscrewing about 8 philips screws that mount the seat to the seat base. Once you have the seat off, the base bolts will be easily accessed... that's if you even ned to remove the base. :)

HighRoller
05-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Take it down to Commander and have them do it. They really "take care of" their customers, if you know what I mean*wink*

Ziggy
05-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Take it down to Commander and have them do it. They really "take care of" their customers, if you know what I mean*wink*
Enough already, geez! He said the boats in Havasu.

FRENCHIE
05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
did he say commander!?:( :yuk:

whitefire
05-14-2004, 10:28 PM
hey FRENCHIE, thanks for the help, and did u say you were from Redlands??!!!:frown: :frown: :frown: