PDA

View Full Version : NyQuil is a hell of a drug...

dmontzsta
05-13-2004, 10:08 PM
this stuff should be illegal. Have you ever tried staying up on NyQuil? I dont know what the heck they put in this stuff. :cool:

Sleek-Jet
05-13-2004, 10:09 PM
The acheing, sneezing, oh my god the room is spinning, medicine.
Nyquil is the best part of being sick. :D

dmontzsta
05-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
The acheing, sneezing, oh my god the room is spinning, medacine.
Nyquil is the best part of being sick. :D
LMAO hahahaha

Jordy
05-13-2004, 10:10 PM
You mean the night time sniffling, sneezing, how the fuq did I get on my kitchen floor medicine? ;) :D

HCS
05-13-2004, 10:18 PM
That crap gets me wired. It has a reverse effect.
Maybe I drank to much.

ROZ
05-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
That crap gets me wired. It has a reverse effect.
Maybe I drank to much. I've taken the recommended dosage and it got me wired. The second time I was desperate and gave it another try, this time I cut the dosage in half. Got wired again. Third time wasn't a charm. I doubled the dosage and stayed up all night.... Darvocete, vicodin, and Xanax do the same thing... If I ever have an accident and require a pain reliever, they're either going to have to give me an IBU800 or heroin...:D

Kachina26
05-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Read the ingredients, that crap is like 40% Booze. What's that like 80 proof?

Kilrtoy
05-13-2004, 10:26 PM
So what you guys are sayingis!
You are not used to legal drugs?

Kachina26
05-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I've taken the recommended dosage and it got me wired. The second time I was desperate and gave it another try, this time I cut the dosage in half. Got wired again. Third time wasn't a charm. I doubled the dosage and stayed up all night.... Darvocete, vicodin, and Xanax do the same thing... If I ever have an accident and require a pain reliever, they're either going to have to give me an IBU800 or heroin...:D
Vicodin and Darvocete keep me up too, after the shoulder surgery I was up till 4am everynight tinkering with my T-Maxx, even fired it up a few times:D

dmontzsta
05-13-2004, 10:30 PM
You guys are brave :D I have drank beer and then hit the "quil" before bed and remember spinning myself to sleep "theres no place like home, theres no place like home" sorry...I am dizzy now. :confused:

Kilrtoy
05-13-2004, 10:37 PM
LIGHT WEIGHTS

Freak
05-14-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
I've taken the recommended dosage and it got me wired. The second time I was desperate and gave it another try, this time I cut the dosage in half. Got wired again. Third time wasn't a charm. I doubled the dosage and stayed up all night.... Darvocete, vicodin, and Xanax do the same thing... If I ever have an accident and require a pain reliever, they're either going to have to give me an IBU800 or heroin...:D
Welcome to the wonderful world of hypersensitivity to medication. I too feel your pain.

HOSS
05-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Screw NuQuil. You need to get on the "horse".

Sherpa
05-16-2004, 07:25 AM
I bought a little bottle of nyquil for my last trip out of the country.
partially for help with a cold. (which I did not have at the time)
but mainly for helping me to sleep on the plane...........
--Sherpa
nyquil is good sh_t, but it also tastes like crap.
--

GlastronGuy
05-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
LIGHT WEIGHTS
Thank you. I was starting to think that there was something wrong with me.

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Two words:
Nyquil Rocks
I use it more for getting to sleep, but it really helps when you have a cold...

ratso
05-16-2004, 11:10 AM
For me to be able to sleep I either have to be hammered or else I take Nyquil along with Benadryl or Tylenol PM...:D

gigamurph
05-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Why, yes it is! I get seriously annoyed to think of all the money I could have saved in the '70s if someone had just turned me onto Nyquil!:p Ya know; I got to thinkin' (ouch). Can you be busted for an open container of Nyquil while operating a movin' vehicle? It takes alot less Nyquil to screw me up than beer used too!:eek:

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Nyquil makes me hyper as well....but it kinda tastes like Ozuo (that greek liquor)....It also makes me sneeze...............we are all messed up, huh!;)

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 12:57 PM
mmmm she said ouzo :D (apparently when I was a baby this was rubbed on my gums when I was teething :D )
I like Nyquil but I like the red one better than the green one. I thought I was the only one that ever used it when I don't have a cold. :D Whew! It helps me fall asleep faster.

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Is your family Greek FM?
(my grandfather imigrated from Greece and went through Ellis Island):D

RiverRatMike
05-16-2004, 01:10 PM
nyquil is the bomb, everytime I'm sick I just take that shit and I'm all better the next morning. never fails!

dmontzsta
05-16-2004, 01:10 PM
NyQuil is a hell of a drug. :D

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 01:12 PM
No I'm not Greek but one of my mom's neighbors when I was a baby was a Greek man that treated me like his grandchild. Mmmm ouzo! :D I love the taste of both licorice and anise and I think ouzo is flavored with one of those. :)

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Yes, it tastes like licorice, I love licorice, but not chocolate. We drink it at the Greek resturant near my folks house in HB.
(have you ever had Grappa? It tastes like dirt!)
;)

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 01:20 PM
:eek: you don't like chocolate? :eek: no entiendo je ne comprend pas :confused:
I've never had Grappa and thanks to your description I'll decline if ever offered any, lol! :D

nmboats
05-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Cough Medicine gets probation
Saturday May 08, 2004
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) A man who claimed to be in a cough-syrup-induced psychosis when he threatened deputies with a three-foot sword has been sentenced to 4{ years of probation.
Walter Mitchell apologized in court Friday for the incident, which ended with an officer shooting Mitchell in both arms and the buttocks.
Mitchell was convicted of two counts of aggravated assault after a bench trial before state District Judge Stephen Pfeffer earlier this year.
Defense attorneys had argued that Mitchell was legally insane when he came toward deputies with the sword at his mobile home Nov. 11, 2002, after authorities received complaints about the man yelling at a neighbor and her dog.
The defense said Mitchell had taken four times the recommended dose of a cough syrup containing an ingredient that caused him to have a psychotic episode.
Prosecutors had sought a three-year prison sentence.
Sgt. Dennis O'Brien, who shot Mitchell, walked out of court when the sentence was read. Santa Fe County Sheriff Greg Solano said many other officers also were upset with the sentence.
``Every day, people are sentenced for much more time for far less serious crimes,'' Solano said. ``This man tried to kill someone.''
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Have you ever had black licorice ice-cream ... not tiger tail no orange just pure black licorice ice-cream? It was my favorite and I've not had any since I was about 5 years old. Can't find any anywhere. :(

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by nmboats
Cough Medicine gets probation
Saturday May 08, 2004
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) A man who claimed to be in a cough-syrup-induced psychosis when he threatened deputies with a three-foot sword has been sentenced to 4{ years of probation.
Walter Mitchell apologized in court Friday for the incident, which ended with an officer shooting Mitchell in both arms and the buttocks.
Mitchell was convicted of two counts of aggravated assault after a bench trial before state District Judge Stephen Pfeffer earlier this year.
Defense attorneys had argued that Mitchell was legally insane when he came toward deputies with the sword at his mobile home Nov. 11, 2002, after authorities received complaints about the man yelling at a neighbor and her dog.
The defense said Mitchell had taken four times the recommended dose of a cough syrup containing an ingredient that caused him to have a psychotic episode.
Prosecutors had sought a three-year prison sentence.
Sgt. Dennis O'Brien, who shot Mitchell, walked out of court when the sentence was read. Santa Fe County Sheriff Greg Solano said many other officers also were upset with the sentence.
``Every day, people are sentenced for much more time for far less serious crimes,'' Solano said. ``This man tried to kill someone.''
(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
That is shoddy justice to be sure. :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
05-16-2004, 01:37 PM
:D

ratso
05-16-2004, 01:48 PM
TheraFlu works good too...:D

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ratso
TheraFlu works good too...:D
But how does it taste? :D

ratso
05-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Do like my girl does...hold your nose and go 1...2...3...swallow.

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 01:59 PM
LMAO!! :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
:eek: you don't like chocolate? :eek: no entiendo je ne comprend pas :confused:
I've never had Grappa and thanks to your description I'll decline if ever offered any, lol! :D
I've never liked chocolate.....don't know why. . . .:D

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 02:31 PM
I was just teasing with my overincreduluosness (lol uh-oh is that a word? is now!) I know quite a few people actually who just don't like chocolate ... I can't fathom me not liking chocolate is all. ;) :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Everyone in my family LOVES it and get to eat all my chocolate goodies that I get. ;)

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 02:36 PM
So that's why there are people who don't like chocolate ... so there's more to go around to those who do! ;) :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 02:37 PM
It's all in the grand plan............LOL:D
It cracks me up when people that I know, know I don't like chocolate buy it for me, just so they can it eat..........(unamed person...........won't tell who it is) LOL:D ;)

FMluvswater
05-16-2004, 02:39 PM
LMAO!!! :D That's very clever of this unnamed person!! :D :cool:

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 02:47 PM
He is very smart!
(smarter than I am);)

sorry dog
05-16-2004, 06:24 PM
yall be careful of that stuff. Has alot of aceteminephen in it- so not good on a regular basis or with a lot of alcohol. The active ingredient can be bought separately if you want the downer part.

dmontzsta
05-16-2004, 07:43 PM
where can we buy this active ingredient? :D

sorry dog
05-16-2004, 07:49 PM
grocery store

gigamurph
05-16-2004, 08:11 PM
"(have you ever had Grappa? It tastes like dirt!)"-Debbolas
......and you know this because you eat dirt? Would that be a heavy, rich loam; or perhaps a fine, delicate sandy terra firma?:p just messin' with ya! I've always been amazed at the comment; "That stuff tastes like s**t!"......and someone would know this because......? :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gigamurph
"(have you ever had Grappa? It tastes like dirt!)"-Debbolas
......and you know this because you eat dirt? Would that be a heavy, rich loam; or perhaps a fine, delicate sandy terra firma?:p just messin' with ya! I've always been amazed at the comment; "That stuff tastes like s**t!"......and someone would know this because......? :D
You are so funny! I was just razzing Dr. Eagle about his coors light tastes like buffalo piss comment.
Good point. I fed my brother dirt when he was like three, but I have never eaten it myself.
I have eaten rattlesnake and eel.
I garden a lot, and know how dirt smells, and the grappa I tasted, tasted like dirt smells. Hows that!?!:D :D

gigamurph
05-16-2004, 08:40 PM
" I garden a lot, and know how dirt smells, and the grappa I tasted, tasted like dirt smells. Hows that!?!"
-Debbolas
Smooooooth......:D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Well, we still need to figure out the Dr. Eagle, Buffalo Piss thing......:D

Boozer
05-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
That is shoddy justice to be sure. :rolleyes:
Dude took 3 rounds for his stupidity is that not punishment enough?

missboatnam1
05-16-2004, 10:27 PM
hi, my name is tina, im addited to ny-quil...i love the stuffff:eek:

missboatnam1
05-16-2004, 10:54 PM
sometimes people cant take certian things, as to which some can...some people just have the wrong effects....and thats a bad thing....whos to say hes dosent get all wacky on other things??
how ya doing girl??? long time!! :)

gigamurph
05-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Well, we still need to figure out the Dr. Eagle, Buffalo Piss thing......:D I'm not real sure that it is our place to figure this out. Some things are best left unexplained! But then again; Dr. Eagle should be relieved that a buffalo mistook him for a rock when he was past out in a field and not a buffalo cow!:p Sorry Dr. E! It was just too easy to pass up!:D

gigamurph
05-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by missboatnam1
hi, my name is tina, im addited to ny-quil...i love the stuffff:eek: Hi Tina. My name is Mike and I'm NOT addicted to Nyquil but your confession certainly goes along ways in explainin' some things! :D

Debbolas
05-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by gigamurph
I'm not real sure that it is our place to figure this out. Some things are best left unexplained! But then again; Dr. Eagle should be relieved that a buffalo mistook him for a rock when he was past out in a field and not a buffalo cow!:p Sorry Dr. E! It was just too easy to pass up!:D
LMAO!!!:D

FMluvswater
05-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by missboatnam1
sometimes people cant take certian things, as to which some can...some people just have the wrong effects....and thats a bad thing....whos to say hes dosent get all wacky on other things??
how ya doing girl??? long time!! :)
Hi Tina hon! :D Wish I'd seen your post before I logged out last night. :) I like it when you are here and posting. :) Miss ya when you're absent. Hope all is goodly with you. :)