PDA

View Full Version : summitkarl

meaniam
04-02-2006, 03:54 PM
im looking for info on what homes are going for out in havasu. i saw a month ago u showed several floorplans. i am looking at maybe the desert hills are. anyone with info on what this area is like. my mother in law is trying to convence us to relocate out there in az. i had told her the only way i would consider this is if i was close to the river. im not sure but i think that gloden shores is also located close to the river i am looking into that possibilty. so if anyone has info on golden shores. that would be great.
what are the downfalls of living in az. i have no clue as to taxes out there. i know that cost of living sucks. but i work in real estate so i think i would be fine. and it looks like i could sell my house here and pay cash for a house there.
thanks mike

Mrs.Racer277
04-02-2006, 08:42 PM
im looking for info on what homes are going for out in havasu. i saw a month ago u showed several floorplans. i am looking at maybe the desert hills are. anyone with info on what this area is like. my mother in law is trying to convence us to relocate out there in az. i had told her the only way i would consider this is if i was close to the river. im not sure but i think that gloden shores is also located close to the river i am looking into that possibilty. so if anyone has info on golden shores. that would be great.
what are the downfalls of living in az. i have no clue as to taxes out there. i know that cost of living sucks. but i work in real estate so i think i would be fine. and it looks like i could sell my house here and pay cash for a house there.
thanks mike
You can also contact Michele Warlock 25 on the boards.

SummitKarl
04-02-2006, 09:02 PM
thanks mike
Hey Mike,
I have nothing but good things to say about Az, over So.Cal just about everything is cheaper (EXCEPT FOOD), and most important WAY MORE RELAXED :) , Property taxes are less than Ca. but catching up, as for income tax AZ's bell curve ramps up a bit steeper than California's (hit harder at lower wages), but cost of living more than makes up for it. for me it costs about 1k per month to live here (that's EVERYTHING) and for me it provides a GREAT LIFE STYLE..
with that car of yours, you won't be hurting for ANYTHING to do, at least 2 nights a week we have a car cruise in town, and weekends too. you will have trouble like me..do I take the car or the boat today :)
Havasu Heights is a good area, it is starting to catch on and get cleaned up, I have 2 new homes of over $300k(house only) going up right now in the heights, My personal thought is The Heights offers a great bang for the buck and your still 10mins from town.
I don't think you can go wrong in Havasu Heights (BITCHEN VIEWS!!!)

INSman
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
How about some pictures of those "Bitchen Views" ??!!??
Hey SK, know of anyone in town that builds a kick-ass BBQ Island ??

SummitKarl
04-02-2006, 09:40 PM
How about some pictures of those "Bitchen Views" ??!!??
Hey SK, know of anyone in town that builds a kick-ass BBQ Island ??
Custom BBQ Creations, 928.716.9538 :)

Marty Gras
04-02-2006, 09:40 PM
I feel you will be better off IN TOWN, and not in any surrounding areas. Many homes are available here and at reasonable prices. I was surprised at the prices on new car registration. Our Cad ESV is $363.00 in Calif, and $740.00 in AZ. With the roads as bad as they are I feel Az. is really "sucking the life out of us". Your car and house insurance will go down compaired to Calif. If you think you are going to make any kind of "living" here, think again. I am qualified and still make 55% of my normal Calif. wages. I am 'sucking it up' to get medical benifits. I'm on the 'edge' of retirement and just really needed to be on the river for my "boat design projects".

SummitKarl
04-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I feel you will be better off IN TOWN, and not in any surrounding areas. Many homes are available here and at reasonable prices. I was surprised at the prices on new car registration. Our Cad ESV is $363.00 in Calif, and $740.00 in AZ. With the roads as bad as they are I feel Az. is really "sucking the life out of us". Your car and house insurance will go down compaired to Calif. If you think you are going to make any kind of "living" here, think again. I am qualified and still make 55% of my normal Calif. wages. I am 'sucking it up' to get medical benifits. I'm on the 'edge' of retirement and just really needed to be on the river for my "boat design projects".
A CAD ESV?!?!?!?!? MG you ain't exactly roughing it :rolleyes: :)
My 95 F-150 was $76 last year :wink: :)
Bad Roads?...is someone's house getting hooked to sewer right now? :)
been there...it sucked..for 7 months. but was well worth the weight (brand new road)

meaniam
04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
A CAD ESV?!?!?!?!? MG you ain't exactly roughing it :rolleyes: :)
My 95 F-150 was $76 last year :wink: :)
Bad Roads?...is someone's house getting hooked to sewer right now? :)
been there...it sucked..for 7 months. but was well worth the weight (brand new road)
i was on the net fishing around looking at houses and i see alot in havazoo still have septic. are they converting the whole town up to sewer. and if they are is there any assesments that are going to pop up in the works. i just heard one of or customers in palmspring just was hit with a 27k assement tax becuase of sewer. im not complaining i like the idea of sewer system and never want to own a septic system. any info on desert hills. there is a couple of brand new homes that i was thinking about driving out and looking at this weekend. info on this area would be a great help. and thank you to all for you input. im waiting for mother in law to decide weather she gonna make the jump with us. it will be a while before i am ready to make that discission as weather or not im gonna do this....

INSman
04-03-2006, 07:29 AM
The whole town if I am not mistaken is going onto the sewer and each home is assessed like $2k I believe.

BarryMac
04-03-2006, 07:40 AM
I have 2 new homes of over $300k(house only) going up right now in the heights, My personal thought is The Heights offers a great bang for the buck and your still 10mins from town.
Curious, what does this mean? House only, you don't own the land??? Why would anyone want to buy a house and not the land???

INSman
04-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Curious, what does this mean? House only, you don't own the land??? Why would anyone want to buy a house and not the land???
Guys like Karl typically don't know what the homeowner paid for the land, the builders always quote prices of what it will cost to build "On your lot", meaning that of course you own the land. You can't build on non-owned land.

SummitKarl
04-03-2006, 09:02 AM
i was on the net fishing around looking at houses and i see alot in havazoo still have septic. are they converting the whole town up to sewer. and if they are is there any assesments that are going to pop up in the works. i just heard one of or customers in palmspring just was hit with a 27k assement tax becuase of sewer. im not complaining i like the idea of sewer system and never want to own a septic system. any info on desert hills. there is a couple of brand new homes that i was thinking about driving out and looking at this weekend. info on this area would be a great help. and thank you to all for you input. im waiting for mother in law to decide weather she gonna make the jump with us. it will be a while before i am ready to make that discission as weather or not im gonna do this....
INSMAM is right the goal is to get MOST of the city on sewer, but it's a 10 yr project.. the current fees are $2k to hook up and you don't have a choice either, that fee can go 1 of three ways
one lump sum
added to your bill @ $20 a month for 10 yrs
you qualify for a state grant and it's free...1 person under 31k per year, 2 persons under 43k per year and so on.
If you make this move... TRUST ME!!!! the key to sucess in moving to Havasu.
be DEBT FREE!!!!!!!..... I cannot stress that enough--no big payments for cars, credit cards, boats ETC...ie live HUMBLE...till you get established and going, and Havasu will treat you right.
hey BRING YOUR CAR!!! or just stop by this weekend,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734CHUYSFLYER2.jpg

Marty Gras
04-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Karl, the roads were bad before the 'sewer project' and they will be bad after it's done. State hiways too. I am "suffering" if I must take money out of savings to purchase anything. The new car is my wife's, (she works full time and deserves it) and yes older car/truck registation is lower than Calif. But the roads, hiways and small roads are not maintained very well. Just remember, the "40K mile tires" only last 25K here, and it's all due to road conditions. When in Calif., we have always been able to put money into savings (both of us work) and here we are constantly 'sucking money out', to purchase needed items. I like my job, the people, and being around the lake, but the pay scale in this town is very low.(we are actually working for the health insurance) No matter how qualified you are, your job pays less here than any other town in the southwest. I am not "crying", I'm just stating the facts as I see them. If anyone is thinking about moving here they need to spend a few WEEKS here first.(not just weekends) We don't have any major problems living here because we built a modest house, and we don't have any bills. We have friends in Calif. that would like to move here, once they find out about :pay levels, labor skill levels, costs to build commercial buildings, and the 'small town good ol' boys network', they don't think it's worth it. Don't get me wrong, we love it here, but the only easy thing will be building/purchasing a house here. Relocating a business or looking for a job, will get your mind 'right' on how things work around here.

SummitKarl
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Karl, the roads were bad before the 'sewer project' and they will be bad after it's done. State hiways too. I am "suffering" if I must take money out of savings to purchase anything. The new car is my wife's, (she works full time and deserves it) and yes older car/truck registation is lower than Calif. But the roads, hiways and small roads are not maintained very well. Just remember, the "40K mile tires" only last 25K here, and it's all due to road conditions. When in Calif., we have always been able to put money into savings (both of us work) and here we are constantly 'sucking money out', to purchase needed items. I like my job, the people, and being around the lake, but the pay scale in this town is very low.(we are actually working for the health insurance) No matter how qualified you are, your job pays less here than any other town in the southwest. I am not "crying", I'm just stating the facts as I see them. If anyone is thinking about moving here they need to spend a few WEEKS here first.(not just weekends) We don't have any major problems living here because we built a modest house, and we don't have any bills. We have friends in Calif. that would like to move here, once they find out about :pay levels, labor skill levels, costs to build commercial buildings, and the 'small town good ol' boys network', they don't think it's worth it. Don't get me wrong, we love it here, but the only easy thing will be building/purchasing a house here. Relocating a business or looking for a job, will get your mind 'right' on how things work around here.
MG your right, it was no easy thing to make the move here, I took a year off just to catch up and unwind from SoCal..and yes when I started working again it was about a 80% hit and the first year was difficult, second year was better, third year I was about even with So Cal, but mine is not the norm either, I know I got lucky, I knew nothing about Architecture, I was a engineer for General Atomics before.. I busted butt, learned my job, built a reputation and started my own Biz..I really think that is the key, "working for yourself" and finding how to translate your skills into Havasu's market, I could name 1/2 a doz on this board with similar stories, those that started there own Biz or bought a existing one are all doing VERY WELL!!!--for Havasu, But I have seen those that tried to move out here UNPREPAIRED and their dream didn't last long.
Times are changing in Havasu, wages are on the rise, not as fast as housing, but they are rising. give Havasu some time, it took over 2 yrs for me to break even....
I would have to say I am part of that "Good OL Boys" network..because thats how things work here. it's just the Havasu way....one hand washes the other.
but this is kinda why Iam on HB, it's a good ol boys network all it's own :wink:
BTW my 40k mi tires DRY ROT long,,,long before they hit 10k :)