PDA

View Full Version : AZ bars 2 a.m. closing and no smoke?

nodigg
05-14-2004, 12:47 PM
You guys probably already talked this to death on the boards but I just heard, (from a bar tender), :rolleyes: that Arizona is going to go to 2 a.m. closing for bars and no smoking late this summer! Is it a bar story or for real? Anyone got the scoop?:confused:

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 12:50 PM
What time do the bars close now,
and GOOD
Smoking sucks......and stinks

little rowe boat
05-14-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm happy about the no smoking part of it.I thought the bars closed at 2:00 am already.

FOURQ
05-14-2004, 12:51 PM
well that kills all the fun drinkin and smokin go together like pigs in shit

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Smoking and drinking do not go together.
After drinking and not smoking,
your hang over is less than half and recovery time is quicker

nodigg
05-14-2004, 12:54 PM
One a.m. closing right now. I won't miss the smoke. Just goes to show you, this place is not the wild, wild west anymore. Next thing ya' know guns will not be allowed on the hip any longer.

dicudmore
05-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Agree on the hangover dealio

BoatFloating
05-14-2004, 12:57 PM
All AZ bars close now at 1am and I wonder about Sunday if they will sell before I think 10am or Noon???

mbrown2
05-14-2004, 01:01 PM
The 2:00am will be optional....did not hear about the no smoke thing, but I doubt the honkey tonks along the river really enforce the smoking law....I don't mind no smoking in restaurants, but if folks want to smoke in a Honky Tonk, more power to them...

summerlove
05-14-2004, 01:04 PM
How many of you remember not being able to buy alcohol in AZ before noon on Sundays?:(
Thank goodness they changed that law!:D

nodigg
05-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
The 2:00am will be optional....did not hear about the no smoke thing, but I doubt the honkey tonks along the river really enforce the smoking law....I don't mind no smoking in restaurants, but if folks want to smoke in a Honky Tonk, more power to them...
I have to agree. If they ban around here it will be slow to catch on I think. Lot's of after work smoke and drink joints are very old school here.......(everywhere?)

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Sooner or later they will be forced to comply. When that law went into effect here, alot of bars removed the ash trays and replaced them with Popcorn cups(ASH TRAYS). When you asked for an ash tray they handed you a popcorn cup and said smoking wasn't allowed. Well that stopped after they started getting hefty fines and threats of closure....

HighRoller
05-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Whether you like smoking or not, you should be worried that the government is taking away your rights one by one. Do you know that in California they CAN and WILL ticket truck drivers for smoking in their trucks? They say it's a "workplace" and that smoking is against the law. Now, they're talking about trying to ban smoking in YOUR OWN VEHICLE and even worse YOUR HOME! Before you start cheering, remember that the anti-alcohol crowd has been following in the footsteps of the anti-smoking nazis. These people are using the bully pulpit of an unpopular habit to advance an agenda and set dangerous precedents.

nodigg
05-14-2004, 01:17 PM
For me the funy thing is they are gona give us another hour to abuse our livers but out lungs are given special priority protection. We don't go to bars to get in shape after all.

FRENCHIE
05-14-2004, 01:18 PM
i heard they are going to all nighters!!:D ;)

summerlove
05-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Whether you like smoking or not, you should be worried that the government is taking away your rights one by one. Do you know that in California they CAN and WILL ticket truck drivers for smoking in their trucks? They say it's a "workplace" and that smoking is against the law. Now, they're talking about trying to ban smoking in YOUR OWN VEHICLE and even worse YOUR HOME! Before you start cheering, remember that the anti-alcohol crowd has been following in the footsteps of the anti-smoking nazis. These people are using the bully pulpit of an unpopular habit to advance an agenda and set dangerous precedents.
Total 100% BS!
The workplace refers to buildings only - read the frigging law before spewing BS like that!
I have never heard of anyone trying to legislate a smoking ban in a car or in a private home - show me the proof! No heresay, proof!
I hate smokeers - they feel entitled ( and I'm generalizing) to "flicking their ashes" out car windows, dropping them out of car windows, dropping them on the ground and walking away, etc...No common courtesy. When I see a smloker drop their butt, I ALWAYS tell them, hey, you droipped something...you should see their faces - their pissed because they got caught.

nodigg
05-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
i heard they are going to all nighters!!:D ;)
I think you are confusing Havasu with HD&Boatriders Bullhead City party house. He likes to go three in a row all nighters. Puts us all in a kind of trance like hypnotic, dilusional state of party mind.
:D

phebus
05-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
How many of you remember not being able to buy alcohol in AZ before noon on Sundays?:(
Thank goodness they changed that law!:D
Still can't buy it until after 10:00 on Sundays :(

twistedpair
05-14-2004, 01:32 PM
What is this 'Closing Time' that you speak of? :confused: We don't have that here!:D

nodigg
05-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Still can't buy it until after 10:00 on Sundays :(
AHummm. Uh, not me, I am too young!:D

nodigg
05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
What is this 'Closing Time' that you speak of? :confused: We don't have that here!:D
YEEEEHHAAAWWW!
(I'm glad here they make me leave eventually though)

HighRoller
05-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Damn I miss Laughlin. Go to the bar at four in the morning for beer and video poker.....

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 01:55 PM
We don't go to bars to get in shape after all
Speak for yourself, I have carried a few women out of bars that weighed 150 and let me tell you that was some hard work outs

nodigg
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Speak for yourself, I have carried a few women out of bars that weighed 150 and let me tell you that was some hard work outs
NO DOUBT! :D ;)
Especially to get them out of your house the next day! LOL!

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Especially to get them out of your house the next day! LOL
OH I never made that mistake, I went to there house, Almost had to chew the arm off after the alcohol started to wear off.....a couple of times

CA Stu
05-14-2004, 02:00 PM
I hate smokeers - they feel entitled ( and I'm generalizing) to "flicking their ashes" out car windows, dropping them out of car windows, dropping them on the ground and walking away, etc...No common courtesy.
I hate nosepickers and zitpoppers for the same reasons. Also, those a-holes that scratch their itches and leave flakes of dried skin everywhere. The nerve! :mad:
They should eat all the mess they create!
Sheesh!
I'm going to go smoke a Cohiba and flick ashes all over the place just for you, ya hater :D :D :D
Cheers
CA Stu

twistedpair
05-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Like that old Willy Nelson song:
I went to bed at 2 with a 10, and woke up at 10 with a 2!:eek:

CA Stu
05-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one that ever went "Whalin' "
CA Stu
PS Thar she blows!!

mbrown2
05-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Sooner or later they will be forced to comply. When that law went into effect here, alot of bars removed the ash trays and replaced them with Popcorn cups(ASH TRAYS). When you asked for an ash tray they handed you a popcorn cup and said smoking wasn't allowed. Well that stopped after they started getting hefty fines and threats of closure....
Dude, i hope it don't come to that....AZ still has some freedoms

mbrown2
05-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
HR...Sometimes, I think you go a little too far right:D :D , but you nailed it on that one....cali is a leftist society, and taking freedoms away is the norm....I hate to see the transplant's of so many cali's to AZ and NV, cause I know their born, raised and brainwashed leftist ways are not far behind....hell, I like AZ and its conservative ways, I sure hope the Cali's don't fock it up too much:cool:

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Dude, you sound like one of the leftist born, raised, and brainwashed here in Cali...hopefully more like you don't move to AZ ...I kind of want to get out of here and go there where you still have a couple of freedoms...
Wow MR BROWN!
I post an observation of what was ocurring at that time, now im a leftist born brainwashed californian. Read again.......

mbrown2
05-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Dude, you sound like one of the leftist born, raised, and brainwashed here in Cali...hopefully more like you don't move to AZ ...I kind of want to get out of here and go there where you still have a couple of freedoms...
Wow MR BROWN!
I post an observation of what was ocurring at that time, now im a leftist born brainwashed californian. Read again.......
Sorry dude...I mixed your quote up with another...notice how after I reread, I changed it like right away...

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Ok understood, Thanks for clarifying.....:D

Phat Matt
05-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Here's the info...
News Update!!! (4-13-2004) The Arizona Legislature has passed a bill to allow alchohol sales until 2:00 AM and to allow bars to remain open until 2:30 AM. This legislation has been signed by the governor and will be effective 90 days after the close of the legislative session. (Approximately August or September)

summerlove
05-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
I hate nosepickers and zitpoppers for the same reasons. Also, those a-holes that scratch their itches and leave flakes of dried skin everywhere. The nerve! :mad:
They should eat all the mess they create!
Sheesh!
I'm going to go smoke a Cohiba and flick ashes all over the place just for you, ya hater :D :D :D
Cheers
CA Stu
Me too!:mad: But then again, I like a nice fat heater every now and then! Butt, I always throw it in the trash when I'm done!;)

CA Stu
05-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Me too!:mad: But then again, I like a nice fat heater every now and then! Butt, I always throw it in the trash when I'm done!;)
Don't you eat the roach?
;)
CA Stu <-- ain't coppin' to nuthin'

nodigg
05-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Here's the info...
News Update!!! (4-13-2004) The Arizona Legislature has passed a bill to allow alchohol sales until 2:00 AM and to allow bars to remain open until 2:30 AM. This legislation has been signed by the governor and will be effective 90 days after the close of the legislative session. (Approximately August or September)
AND THERE ARE THE FACTS!:)

Jordy
05-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
What about the smoking part of it?? B.S. or is it happening?
RD
I thought you quit. :D

91nordic29
05-18-2004, 08:35 AM
the smoking issue is a city - by - city deal. phoenix does not have a smoking ban. mesa and peoria do, i believe.

nodigg
05-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Hot diggidy? What's the answer with the city??
Party Cat?

hd&boatrider
05-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
I think you are confusing Havasu with HD&Boatriders Bullhead City party house. He likes to go three in a row all nighters. Puts us all in a kind of trance like hypnotic, dilusional state of party mind.
:D
Ya, but you and I both know that is when all the really, really funny shit happens :) Of course you have to be there to get it. Somehow when you try to retell the stories to someone who was not there it just doesn't work to well. Of course for the people who are/were there all they have to do is say one word and you LOL about the shit all over again. Of course there are the strories that some remember and not others....lol

nodigg
05-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Ya, but you and I both know that is when all the really, really funny shit happens :) Of course you have to be there to get it. Somehow when you try to retell the stories to someone who was not there it just doesn't work to well. Of course for the people who are/were there all they have to do is say one word and you LOL about the shit all over again. Of course there are the strories that some remember and not others....lol
2004, the year of the rock!:eek!: