PDA

View Full Version : Ducks

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Midlife Advantage, me and eight of our friends just got back from the Mighty Ducks of Anahiem game. They won 6-2 and looked very strong. It looks like they are playoff bound. The Kings?

Debbolas
04-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Go Ducks!!
We went to a pre-season game and they kicked the Kings ass :crossx:

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Go Ducks!!
We went to a pre-season game and they kicked the Kings ass :crossx:
They're playing each other on Tues. Should be good. The Kings will be just about done with a loss.

Midlife Advantage
04-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Damn good game, Thanks Beer Factor, steaks are on me, your grill, and you cook, and buy the beer, and....

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Damn good game, Thanks Beer Factor, steaks are on me, your grill, and you cook, and buy the beer, and....
All right-Is there anything else you would like? shiat

Debbolas
04-02-2006, 04:57 PM
They're playing each other on Tues. Should be good. The Kings will be just about done with a loss.
We took a bus over from Chilli's or TGIF's or some place like that and all the King fans were VERY QUIET on the ride back :crossx:
My favorite part of a hockey game is yelling " Kick his ass" whenever a fight breaks out...
Do you all like the new rules?

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 05:12 PM
We took a bus over from Chilli's or TGIF's or some place like that and all the King fans were VERY QUIET on the ride back :crossx:
My favorite part of a hockey game is yelling " Kick his ass" whenever a fight breaks out...
Do you all like the new rules?
Gotta love all the brawls. I think the new rules make them game faster and more exciting.

Debbolas
04-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Gotta love all the brawls. I think the new rules make them game faster and more exciting.
Have you seen a "shoot out" yet? That looks interesting....The game does move quicker now, without all the "off sides" calls.
But the Ducks broke my heart, the first year they came to the pond and made the playoffs and did so well and then lost at the end........Then DISNEY fired their coach, I forget his name, but he was great.
I've shaken hands with Temu Salani (sp) and Paul Korea (sp). Paul was short and Temu is WAY to pretty to play hockey (yum)

Midlife Advantage
04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Ron Wilson, in San Jose now, his asst was Tim Army

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Have you seen a "shoot out" yet? That looks interesting....The game does move quicker now, without all the "off sides" calls.
But the Ducks broke my heart, the first year they came to the pond and made the playoffs and did so well and then lost at the end........Then DISNEY fired their coach, I forget his name, but he was great.
I've shaken hands with Temu Salani (sp) and Paul Korea (sp). Paul was short and Temu is WAY to pretty to play hockey (yum)
Shootouts are cool. The ducks have not done well at them, although they won one the other night against Dallas which was their first loss in shootouts. The off sides rule is still in effect. They did away with the 2 line pass rule. I was at all the playoff games in 2003. They lost the last game of the season, but it was a hell of a run. It was nice to watch the ducks knock out the Redwings in 4 games.

Debbolas
04-02-2006, 05:41 PM
so you can pass to anyone regardless of where they are?
Do they still have the blue line?
and they still call icing right?
The game I saw moved very quickly......

Beer Factor
04-02-2006, 06:00 PM
so you can pass to anyone regardless of where they are?
Do they still have the blue line?
and they still call icing right?
The game I saw moved very quickly......
You can pass to your player if he is on your side of the blue line. The puck must cross the blue line first or it would be offsides. And yes there still is the icing rule unless it is a power play.