PDA

View Full Version : The new NBA

framer1
05-15-2004, 05:13 AM
I've been watching a little of the NBA playoffs, the players can't shoot worth a sh$t. If any of these teams in the playoffs played the old Lakers ( Jabbar, Magic, Worthy,Cooper etc.) it would be like one of these teams playing a high school team. It took a triple overtime to hit a 100 points. These new players stink:yuk:

Dr. Eagle
05-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by framer1
I've been watching a little of the NBA playoffs, the players can't shoot worth a sh$t. If any of these teams in the playoffs played the old Lakers ( Jabbar, Magic, Worthy,Cooper etc.) it would be like one of these teams playing a high school team. It took a triple overtime to hit a 100 points. These new players stink:yuk:
That's because Detroit and NJ were playing brutal defense. If you looked away from the ball, the big guys getting position were nearly in brawls. That was a great game yesterday IMHO. The shooters are almost always harrassed and when they finally get an open look.. I think they are surprised and put up shots out of rhythm.

Kilrtoy
05-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Lakers ( Jabbar, Magic, Worthy,Cooper etc.)
NOW that is the Lakers:D

HCS
05-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Chicago Bulls and Micheal Jordan come to mind. No defense
stopped him.

Dr. Eagle
05-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Lakers ( Jabbar, Magic, Worthy,Cooper etc.)
NOW that is the Lakers:D
You are right Kilr... That team was the "Dynasty" not this bunch of disfunctional "superstars"...

HCS
05-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
You are right Kilr... That team was the "Dynasty" not this bunch of disfunctional "superstars"...
Speaking of disfunctional. What's with the Kings?

Dr. Eagle
05-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Speaking of disfunctional. What's with the Kings?
They haven't been right since Webber came back. I am surprised they have made it as far as they have. It's kind of like each victory has been a little surprise for me... I really can't figure out the shooting slumps though... that is puzziling. The Defense is stepped up, but Peja is missing wide open looks like bricks...
I think they are out of this round.. if they surprise me, so much the better I guess.

dmontzsta
05-15-2004, 10:46 AM
It will be Lakers vs. Minnesota...Lakers will take it in 6. :D

dmontzsta
05-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
It will be Lakers vs. Minnesota...Lakers will take it in 6. :D
Damn, I need to go to Vegas!
:D