PDA

View Full Version : Boat Parts

Speedin' Ian
05-15-2004, 09:11 AM
As most of you guys know we are putting together a new boat. Well we got a lot of it done yesterday but we need some crucial parts before we can go on. We are missing two turnbuckles and need all seven plate boses. We also need a mechanical tach and 2in oil presure guage. Anyone out there have a few of these parts laying around?

Moneypitt
05-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Ian, I don't know exactly which type/brand gauge you need. I assume you're trying to match the rest. However, this is one area that I would buy NEW..... If you need an old type to match in the dash, then at least install a back up gauge on/near the motor. Also, a common idiot light sending unit to a warning light of somesort is a REAL GOOD idea......Now, back to your request, what brand/color/style are you looking for???.......Moneypitt

Rexone
05-15-2004, 04:07 PM
just a tip, used stuff is great when you can find, but on turnbuckles and plate pads make sure what you buy doesn't have worn out (oblong) loose pin holes. :)

Speedin' Ian
05-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Looking for a standard pro-comp guage and any mechanical tach. I have a warning light for the oil presure and water temp laying around in the garage that I might hook-up.
Thanks for the good advice rex. I may end up buying new, but would rather save the dough.