PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass

Jbb
05-15-2004, 03:27 PM
First day at the lake this year....So I am excited... I go get the boat yesterday and bring it home to de winterize....work all day putting block drains in, washing, waxing, cleaning, charge the battery,ect,ect....fire it up ...runs fine....leave it in the driveway...after work today...gas it up and go.......Get to the lake ....drop it in the water, wife picks me up at the dock and the center tunnel is full of water...great....run back to the car.....pumps running...back the trailer back in,drag it out.....I put the hull plugs in..........but forgot the one on the bottom of the transom box for the pump.........nice...Brian the pro......lol... :D ...Put the boat back in the building and will try again tomorrow after work:mad: .....Some days are better than others.....and some you feel like a complete idiot.....:D ....and how was YOUR Saturday......:wink:

Sleek-Jet
05-15-2004, 03:37 PM
I slept all day. :D No lake for me.

Kim Hanson
05-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
First day at the lake this year....So I am excited... I go get the boat yesterday and bring it home to de winterize....work all day putting block drains in, washing, waxing, cleaning, charge the battery,ect,ect....fire it up ...runs fine....leave it in the driveway...after work today...gas it up and go.......Get to the lake ....drop it in the water, wife picks me up at the dock and the center tunnel is full of water...great....run back to the car.....pumps running...back the trailer back in,drag it out.....I put the hull plugs in..........but forgot the one on the bottom of the transom box for the pump.........nice...Brian the pro......lol... :D ...Put the boat back in the building and will try again tomorrow after work:mad: .....Some days are better than others.....and some you feel like a complete idiot.....:D ....and how was YOUR Saturday......:wink:
That sucks to hear Brian.....( . )( . ).........:frown:

LeE ss13
05-15-2004, 05:03 PM
BTDT (Been there etc.)
1. Boat still tied to the trailer
2. Trying to start the motor with the cover still on the intake.
3. Drain plugs missing go without saying.
4. Starting the engine with the covers still over the headers. (bye bye header covers)
5. Trying to back off the trailer with the bow eye still hooked up.
6. Driving the boat off the trailer with the keys to the tow vehicle in your pocket.
7. Forgetting to put the new tags on the boat.
8. Forgetting to put the new tags on the trailer.
9. Forgetting to turn on the gas.
10. Forgetting to turn on the water to the headers.
11. Forgetting the vests, ropes, skis, throwable, resgistration, etc.
12. Forgetting to bring the anchor.
I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting !!!

Kilrtoy
05-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Just think that is your one F*** up for the year, Life will be good

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-15-2004, 05:45 PM
JBB there is a first time for everything,,:D

Debbolas
05-15-2004, 05:50 PM
I did "ok" backing down the "ramp" at Elsinore today. (not really a ramp, just kinda a slanting parking lot. Anyway, everyone is parked really close so there isn't a lot of room to pull up and straighten out. I get it after a while, no jack knifing, took me awhile to remember to remember how. Get the trailer in the water, boat starts up, do the back up thing, boat floats off, everything is cool.
Go to get the trailer to put the boat back on, no room to pull up again, so I am kinda sideways, but I figure it out, get in the water, get the boat, everything is cool.
Get home guide Mr. Scream into our driveway with the boat, no problem, I am in a hurry cause I have to pee. He parks, I throw the block chocks under the tires and run off.
Well I screwed up, I didn't place them right in front of the tire, so when he put the wheel on the trailer, it rolled into the back of my Navigator...............(well, I won't do that again)
Saw some poor soul pull his boat out of the lake with the prop down, and grinded the skag down a bit.................

phebus
05-15-2004, 06:05 PM
I liked it when I started the boat, put it in reverse, and the prop splashed water all over the boats next to me because I forgot to lower the outdrive. Wait, I mean I knew someone who did that :D :D :D