PDA

View Full Version : Removing Songs From CD's to a Harddrive

Laveyman
05-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Is there a way to take songs off a store-bought CD and copy them onto my harddrive? I'd like to make a CD of favorite songs from my CD's. I've tried, Morpheous, Napster, WinMx...and am tired of all the spyware and ad-ware they contain. I've got most of the songs I want, I just want to condense them so I don't have to listen to the 8 junk songs on a CD to hear the 2-3 good ones.

Cheap Thrills
05-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Here's a freebe for ya :D http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
it has a cd ripper mp3 encoder plus you can also download numerous codec pacs too . if you want to compile a audio cd from your favs . rip the songs from the cd to mp3 then in your burner program choose create audio CD. or however it states it .
add the mp3 tracks you just ripped to the burner program most are drag and drop . the burner program will reconvert the mp3s back to audio cd format
C.T. :wink:

Kim Hanson
05-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Forensic
Real Player is free and will do the trick.
There are plenty of other programs out there you can buy too.
My favorite one is "MP3 Strip It".
Forensic
:cool:
I use that also and it the shit, just put it in and it does it all for you.........( . )( . )...........

Laveyman
05-15-2004, 03:55 PM
CheapThrills,
Thanks bro. It works great! :cool:

Cheap Thrills
05-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Glad I could help , if you run into any snags let me know and I'll walk ya through.

GlastronGuy
05-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Can't you just drag them off the CD onto the hdd?
You may be limited to playback with WMP though.

bigq
05-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
there in lies the problem,WMP. Althought my stereo and player play WMP files.;)

Cheap Thrills
05-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Heres the problem with that, when you open a audio CD in a computer cd rom the list of tracks you see isnt the data rather (for the lack of simpler terms ) it's a director /shortcut/ instructions , usually about 1kb + - per track, telling a audio CD player where to find the CDA / data/ song :p CDA came along before the days of direct access such as MP3 data .The machine needs that extra set of instructions telling it where to look . Thats about as simple as I can put it .