PDA

View Full Version : what kinda soap?

BarryMac
05-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Hi All,
I know that this has been posted before but I can't find it in, what is the best kind of soap to use for washing your boat? I really don't want to or think I should use the car wash that I buy at Costco, any info you care to share would be great.
Thanks,
gottajetboat :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Frenzy.. warlock25 sells it.. it works great.. it's a wash and wax that maintains the shine in between waxes.. ;)

victorfb
05-15-2004, 08:44 PM
I agree... just used it for the first time today on a new paint job and i haven't even waxed it yet and it shines like crazzy. target sells some microfiber wash cloths and they work great. super soft, no scratching. I also recommend the absorber to dry the boat with leaves less film even than a chamois. keep it in the boat for using after you get off the water for the day. works terrific on eveerything.
bonneville baby
Toni:D
(not victor)

BarryMac
05-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info, I just ordered the wash and the wax. Hopefully it will be to my casa by Monday when I return form the river.
gottajetboat out...

NorCalCat
05-18-2004, 01:17 PM
I just washed my boat for the first time yesterday after a 700 mile trip home from Havasu and there was all kinds of road scum, bugs, and whatever else was in the air. I used the Wash & Wax Frenzy and with NO effort it all came clean and shined like I had waxed it. I also ordered the wax, which I will do in a day or so.

Daytona19
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Warlock25 has the shiznit, I have all the products and they are awesome.

BarryMac
05-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Daytona 19, your sig line just got me some stares, I laughed out loud in the middle of my office, everyone thinks I'm crazy.

Magic34
05-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Use ULTRA-ION from Dri Wash 'n Guard. It is an Ionic product that helps keep the dust to a minimum as well. All you need is this 1 product. It will clean, seal, polish, and protect all in 1 step.
It works by breaking the dirt down into a liquid. The second you spray the product on, it shrinks the dirt particles down, wraps itself around the dirt particle, and suspends it from the surface. Once it is sprayed over a surface, dirt is no longer touching the surface of the vehicle.
Dri Wash 'n Guard products have been out for over 15 years. I have used them that long. ULTRA-ION is the new version for the softer paints of today and it works great on boats. The only product that touches my boat.

Debbolas
05-18-2004, 03:48 PM
The frenzy products work great! :D

RiverToysJas
05-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Irish Spring, Cuz it gives me boat the luck of the Irish!!! :p
RTJas :D

HammerDown
05-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Frenzy.. warlock25 sells it.. it works great.. it's a wash and wax that maintains the shine in between waxes.. ;)
Uh, doesn't Turtle Wax have a wash/wax product also?
They were 1'st with this if I recall...like back in the early 70's.

Debbolas
05-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Irish Spring, Cuz it gives me boat the luck of the Irish!!! :p
RTJas :D
Eye, and I like it too!!!
LOL:D