PDA

View Full Version : Freeboard challenged

Squirtcha?
05-15-2004, 09:16 PM
One cool thing about just going for the day..............I get to pop the cherry on FBC posting.
O.K. I raced about 9 or 10 times and could only pull off one victory.
Anybody that questions DNE's ability to build a motor, won't want to read this. I raced three DNE powered boats. First I picked on LVjetboy. We each had a passenger (Dan Herc's wife was doing the ride along with me) and jer had his wife Karen along. We ran em down river and he beat me without too much problem. I'd say he had be by 3 to 4 boat lengths after an estimated 1/8 to 1/4 mile. Hey jer where'd ya go? I ran up to the cove after I saw ya, and a bunch of folks were asking where ya went.
Next I found HBjet on our way out of party cove. We ran down river from the train bridge. Once again, I got my ass handed to me. He got me pretty good in some short chop. Never let it be said that Randy doesn't or won't race. This guy was running against anybody and everybody. If ya pull up alongside him, ya better be ready to stab some throttle, hit the button, crank up the diverter or what ever ya got.
Next not victim was Hackjob with his fresh BBF, also a DNE power plant. Holy crap he got me like 5 times from a rolling start. About the same spread as the other two races. I finally got him to slow down enough to convince him to go from a standing start (actually a rolling backwards start from the current). It's the only time I could pull him. If we'd run any more than an 1/8 mile, he'd have caught me on the big end.
Any way. I had an absolute blast and met some new people, burned up all my gas and a bottle of nitrous. Everybody was way cool and we couldn't have asked for a better day. 100 degrees with a light wind from the south. Calm waters (for the mostpart).
Thanks to Roostwear for putting the shindig on. Everything went nice n smooth.
Never had so much fun getting my ass kicked.
Special thanks to the Herc, Flatbroke and their better halves for helping me launch and recover my boat.
Oh yeah, my ride ran awesome all day long and the only casualty was my bilge pump which took up a nasty smoking habit, then went on a permanent vacation. If that's the worst that happened..........it was a good mechanical day, considering everything I did to it last week.

Heatseeker
05-15-2004, 09:27 PM
It's great to get a sneek preview Dan. Even the worst day having your ass handed to you on the water is better than the best day anywhere else :) !
Glad to here you're running well and having fun.
I can't wait for the rest of the stories!

GottaJet
05-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a good time for all.:D Next year I'm there.

Jake W
05-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Dan did the new Tunnel ram do any thing fo ya?
Wheres the pics?
Jake:D

Squirtcha?
05-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Jake W
Dan did the new Tunnel ram do any thing fo ya?
Yeah, it helped me use a bunch more gas.

1HOTGMCJET
05-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
So no gains in the MPH department after all that work? Man, I'm sorry to hear that,buddy - or did I mis-construe - you were having so much FUN going faster, you did it more????? :D :D :D

LakesOnly
05-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Jesus Christ Squirchta, 500+ HP & 88 GPS and most people are faster these days? Sounds like my winter project will be a bigger cam and my 850's. Times, they are a changing'...
What did you end up jetting your carbs at and where is your total ignition timing?
LO

Squirtcha?
05-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LakesOnly
Jesus Christ Squirchta, 500+ HP & 88 GPS and most people are faster these days? Sounds like my winter project will be a bigger cam and my 850's. Times, they are a changing'...
What did you end up jetting your carbs at and where is your total ignition timing?
LO
You just ainta kidding there. 80's isn't even fast with this group anymore. Hack used my gps and ran 89.1. LVjetboy's running in the upper 90's and I think Randy's there too.
All I can say is I'm glad cyclone never pulled alongside or I'd been bringing home one more defeat.
Or for that matter CS19, Big Proppa, Wrightnow, etc. etc.
Damn it's a fast bunch alright.
As for jetting. I ran the 76's here in Phoenix to shake it down, and make sure it was gonna start and run. Oddly enough it turned out being pretty danged close. Did a full speed run and as soon as it was safe enough, shut her down without idling. Paddled her in and checked all the plugs. They looked real good but the river's almost 2000' difference in elevation so I jetted up to 78's square. Turned out to be a good combination and I think I'll leave em like that.
Ignition timing is a fairly conservative 34 degrees total. Even though the N20 kit is only 100 hp, I don't want to run it at much more than that. After this weekend, I'm gonna step up the nitrous to 150hp just to try to stay in the game a little.

Doug H.
05-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Sqiurcha, sounds like you had a great time with the boys :D kudo's to you for admitting you lost a few races as well but you had a blast doing it though. :D

Mohavekid
05-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds like everyone stepped up quite a bit over the winter.
Squirtcha, did you see any speed difference from the addition of the dual carbs and tunnel ram?

Squirtcha?
05-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Nope. Throttle response seems a little better now, but overall top end there was no improvement. I changed all my gages so I'm not positive, but my rpm seems unchanged. According to DD the horsepower increase is at 5500 rpm and I'm only running about 5200-5300 now. I'd probably have to cut my impeller to a B in order to get into the rpm range where the ponies live.
Not sure if I wanna do that. We'll see.
I don't want to compromise the holeshot. Around here, we all race from a dead stop and a good holeshot is imperative. I think I'd get more slip from the B. I still want it to be good for pulling skiers too, so that's a factor.

LakesOnly
05-16-2004, 10:41 AM
:D:D:DWelcome to the world of 2x4 tunnel rams:D:D:D
LO

Mohavekid
05-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Nope. Throttle response seems a little better now, but overall top end there was no improvement. I changed all my gages so I'm not positive, but my rpm seems unchanged. According to DD the horsepower increase is at 5500 rpm and I'm only running about 5200-5300 now. I'd probably have to cut my impeller to a B in order to get into the rpm range where the ponies live.
Not sure if I wanna do that. We'll see.
I don't want to compromise the holeshot. Around here, we all race from a dead stop and a good holeshot is imperative. I think I'd get more slip from the B. I still want it to be good for pulling skiers too, so that's a factor.
Too bad no speed increase, the cool factor went up though.:D
I had a berk "b" cut in my Challenger which is the same hull as your Kachina. The motor was putting out about 600 HP at 5800 RPM. We used it for skiing and tubing a lot.
I had to feather the gas on a hard hole shot or the motor would cavitate the impeller. Once it got to about 10 MPH I could nail it and it hooked up real well. It was too much for pulling a skier up, so I still had to take it easy on the gas. My wife didn't like having her fingers yanked off her hands. :D

victorfb
05-16-2004, 01:19 PM
haven't heard anything about dan hercs boat.... but hows that keg doin'???

Squirtcha?
05-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Missed ya Victor. Dan had some problems with his boat. Carb/fuel troubles we're pretty sure. He had a pretty bad stumble at the mid range. He pulled his Fram fuel filter cartridge out and it was really bad, so I'm sure that was part of it.
The beer was excellent though. Had one for breakfast at 10:00 am.

AZKC
05-16-2004, 02:50 PM
The beer was excellent though. Had one for breakfast at 10:00 am.
Thats what I'm talkin about:D Thanks for the report. I went through the nasty/old fuel problem on my first trip. Hope my truck runs on it I drained my tanks and put it in the truck since its $2+ a gallon :eek!:

Big Proppa
05-16-2004, 03:17 PM
It was great meeting you squirtcha - Got the CP running pretty well this morning here is a few pics.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16fish_pic-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16fish_pic_2-med.JPG
It's funny that with all those beautiful boats, spped passes, drunk friends and pretty girls I only get 2 shots all weekend and they're both of my dumb ass and a fish
Had a blast - it was definately the start of a bitchen summer.

roostwear
05-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Just got in the driveway and thought I'd respond real quick. First of all, what a great group! The party in the cove was cool... my boys liked it almost as much as Bigamist! I got the boat out for a few runs to see what it'll do.... needless to say, I was shagging beers. I'm satisfied with what I gps'ed, but holy shit! Dan's right, there were a few heavy hitters there. Nothing like the sound of the zoomies on Bill's CP, or Cyclone running dry. Just an awesome day. Dan had some fuel contamination problems, so he attacked the keg. Nothing like seeing him move to rap! I'll have to finish posting later when I upload some photos. BTW, Chris' left turn HAS to get posted (Bigamist) Geezus, talk about unloading your shorts!
More later.....

roostwear
05-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I have a couple shots of you Bill!:D

hack job
05-16-2004, 03:41 PM

hack job
05-16-2004, 03:42 PM
my favorite pic form the weekend.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3583DSCN2634.JPG:D

hack job
05-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
, Chris' left turn HAS to get posted (Bigamist) Geezus, talk about unloading your shorts!
More later..... that would be my left turn and hell yeah i unloaded my shorts:eek:

Big Proppa
05-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey Roostwear are they the ones where I'm trying out my bow eye :D
Other than the bottom deal - I'm real happy for you, pretty impressive numbers - hope to see you guys out there real soon

RD Express
05-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Dan, you should have seen a performance improvement with the 2 carbs. Makes me wonder if the 2 carbs are to small? I had 2 660's on my lake jet (600+ hp Ford) it would run dead on 90 mph. I replaced the 660' with a set flowed 750's it run 100 mph. The floed 750's did get sucky gas miliege. I eventaully got a set of 1050's and my gas miliege improved quite a bit and the boat on a good day would run around 104 mph. What size carbs did you go with? Also did you sell your othe intake and carb yet? I may be interested in it. I realy don't want the scoop but I do understand if you want to sell them all together.

Squirtcha?
05-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Good meeting you too Bill. Funny thing............you see Bill (Big Proppa) and the first thing that comes to mind is, Christ, I hope I don't piss this guy off. Then you find out he's cool as hell. Glad to hear ya got the boat running for Sunday. Wish I coulda seen her run.
P.S. nice fish.
Hack, I always wondered about the strake thing. When I saw the pics of them all diced up, I was curious as to how they'd hold up like that. Unfortunately we know now.
RD, the Holley carb is spoken for. The manifold is still available though. I have to wonder with regards to the carb thing though. I'm only running around 500 hp and I don't know if it needs any more air/fuel. I'm currently running the 660's. The last 3/4 of pedal doesn't do anything at all. It seems to me that's an indication of something, but can't recall if it's too much carb, or not enough. If I enter 850's on the Desktop Dyno program, it only shows a gain of 3 hp at 5500 rpm over the 660's on my motor. Let me know via PM on the manifold if interested.
I'll say it again. Awesome day. CBBB is fun, but there are soooo many people there, it's a little daunting. It was easier to meet people at this one and I'm looking forward to knowing more folks for this year's CBBB and any other events that I can make it to.
I'll definitely do the FBC again next year again too. Thanks again Roostwear. Nice job.
Hack's gps run
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19hacksgps.jpg
Big Proppa's boat. Sorry it's so blurry. Stinkin digital zoom sucks.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19big_proppa.jpg
Girl's butts. What the heck's Randy doing in there?
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19butts.jpg

roostwear
05-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Here's a few I've uploaded so far.
Ealier in the day at the cove
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896cove1.jpg
I didn't think it was bad for an open bow with an E pump..... ... was there ANYONE slower than me?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/89665mph.jpg
Well, there was ONE :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896bill.jpg
The billet master and Mopar helping get the awards under way I've had a couple beers, I'm getting a little lobstered, and, oh yah, see the black truck in the background?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896awards1.jpg
Remember the black truck? Everyone thought this guy was out hunting local tail....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896passedout.jpg
Mike and Randy's place got a housewarming present Don't know if you can read the warning.... Hot Boat has a "aga n"?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896trailer.jpg
Cyclone out playing Sunday morning
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896cyclone.jpg
HBjet out playing on Sunday
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896hbjet.jpg
I'm glad we wound up at Big River. It just could not have gone better. More pictures tomorrow..... Sopranos and Deadwood are on!

LVjetboy
05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Dan,
Glad we got to meet you. We floated downriver 10 miles, then back to the park lookin' for someone to run. A white v-driver with 3 s's on the side made some passes. Karen said, "Drop me off if you want to run him" Dropped her off but the guy was already tied up. Pulled up next to a blue and white STV(?) but he didn't want to run. Topped fuel off in Parker...never got back to the cove that day. Sunday, Karen and I made the first (I think) speed pass in front of the RV site before headin' downriver. 93 mph. Hope everyone was awake by then? :D We had a blast!
Randy, sorry we missed you. Maybe we'll hook up at C3B?
jer

TRG
05-16-2004, 08:49 PM
looks like everybody had a blast.... "STOKED" for you guys!
but im still relying on the pics to justify why i stayed home.....:frown:

victorfb
05-16-2004, 08:51 PM
i hear ya Todd.:rolleyes:

Cs19
05-16-2004, 08:59 PM
What a weekend..All the boats out there were very impressive and what a great group. I wasnt aware I won an award, I somehow ended up at roadrunner in parker and missed the awards show..lol
I ran my daytona this weekend for the first time, alls I can say
is WOW :eek!: the boat handles great, has PLENTY of power and I could not be happier.I made some short blasts out there and i think its got potential. Ill be at waterwheel this weekend getting some more seat time and some more testing in.
Big thanks to Jack at mpd for helping me with all my last minute stuff,Dave at DNE for the most bitchen motor I could ever ask for,Thanks to Wrightnow for your hospitality, also mudpumper thanks for the tow,etc. I owe you one, thanks.
I met soo many people at the cove, it was great meeting all of you.Saturday night drags were awesome! Lets just say randy Isnt throttle shy, he was running the piss out of that thing all weekend!
It floats!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/409DCP01024-med.JPG
*Dont mind the date on the photo, I forgot to reset the date, that was taken today. :)

Cs19
05-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Jer, how the heck did I not see you or your boat all weekend ?:confused:

LVjetboy
05-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Well, we stayed at the Big Water Inn and launched at the park...not the RV one. Sorry we didn't hook up!
Seems a bit lame, but I only raced one other jet besides Squirtcha. And I'm not even sure who it was but I think there's video? I'd just launched for the first time, engine not warm, hoping everything's cool, looking over the side thinking, "dang that water's movin' fast...and what? Is that the bottom whizing by?! Yikes!" I'm used to lakes...really deep lakes. where the water stays in the same place.
So while I'm waiting for Karen to park the trailer this jet dude lines up next to me (sorry I didn't recognize a fellow jetter) and like nods at me. Being polite I nod back. Then think, oops, that means I wanna race. Well, I couldn't back down then 'cause I'd look stupid so we both start rollin I'm thinking sh*t I hope Karen stuff doesn't fly out the back. But he's pullin' ahead so I floor it and blow the intake. Rookie mistake. Back off slightly till the pump reloads and away she goes. Not the smoothest job on my part.
When the race was over, I'm heading back to the dock and the dude with the video camera's still rollin' :( So I'm tryin to bring it to the dock like a pro with water zooming by and Karen standing there with her sandals in hand wondering if she's gonna have to leap out to me and it takes me a couple approaches with throttle just to stay even to the dock. I finally get close enough so she jumps in.
It's all on tape. :D
jer

wsuwrhr
05-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by roostwear ... was there ANYONE slower than me?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/89665mph-thumb.jpg
I'm glad we wound up at Big River. It just could not have gone better. More pictures tomorrow..... Sopranos and Deadwood are on!
I was slower pal, I think the mighty Dodge is going away, but I am still at a solid 54MPH. We'll see what SB Products can come up with.
Big River was the place to be.
The award winners were already posted, so now news there, but the group from Valencia needs to chime in with their success in taking home the Farthest pull award.
A group I invited out ran out of diesel on Rice looking for fuel, I thought those trucks had bigger tanks. Jay's son came down with the flu on the way out, passed it on to his Dad, and was pretty much sidelined the whole weekend. Bummer deal for them. I handed them the Hard Luck award, I hope noone was pissed that they weren't in OUR group, but I thought they earned it. Troopers.
I think I will do something special for Bill, he pretty much worked his ass off all weekend. I don't really think it was hard luck for him, but maybe his boats would work better if he would concentrate on one and quit changing them out. haha :) Just giving you shit bud. Maybe it will be "Persistent" or something to that effect, what do ya'll think?
I hope CS19 knows about winning the Lowest Freeboard award. I dropped it off with WrightNow.
I am sure LVJetboy had a good shot at it, but the guy was never hanging around to check it out. Nice boat, posting big numbers.
I had a good time. Can't wait for next year.
Brian

Cas
05-16-2004, 11:36 PM
looks like a blast was had by all! I'm hoping I'll be able to make it down there sometime to meet up with you all.
I'm also real glad to hear everyone was safe and sound :)

wsuwrhr
05-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by riodog
I've almost got it ! Am I too late?
Rio
You are almost there, can you build a time machine?
You missed out bud, nice shot though, looking good.
Brian

Jetdriver
05-17-2004, 05:55 AM
Good time this weekend, Good to see everyone. Thanks Roostwear for another great event. Thanks Brian for the carb work on Jeffs boat, that was great! Ill post pics later.

Cs19
05-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
I hope CS19 knows about winning the Lowest Freeboard award. I dropped it off with WrightNow.
Brian
I can honestly say I think I deserved it, I got seriously swamped numerous times. :D

MAXIMUS
05-17-2004, 08:37 AM
Sounds like a really cool event! I would have enjoyed hanging out with you all for the weekend. Was putting the starter in saturday morning & caught the boat on fire! No big just grabbed the extinguisher & put it out! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I got my portable fan out to blow the smoke out of the garage & in doing so tripped on the cord dropped the fan & stepped into it! The result was I cut my achellies in half as well as most of my calf muscle! I spent the rest of the weekend in surgery & recovery! Whew some fun amigos!!! Needless to say my summer came to a slamming stop! :frown:

hack job
05-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
Sounds like a really cool event! I would have enjoyed hanging out with you all for the weekend. Was putting the starter in saturday morning & caught the boat on fire! No big just grabbed the extinguisher & put it out! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I got my portable fan out to blow the smoke out of the garage & in doing so tripped on the cord dropped the fan & stepped into it! The result was I cut my achellies in half as well as most of my calf muscle! I spent the rest of the weekend in surgery & recovery! Whew some fun amigos!!! Needless to say my summer came to a slamming stop! :frown:
maxi sorry to hear about that mishap. hope all is ok :confused: and hope to see you on the water real soon. hope you have a fast recovery.;)

roostwear
05-17-2004, 08:53 AM
The fan blade cut the Achilles tendon? Holy shit, talk about freak accidents! Will they have you on crutches, or in a wheelchair for a while? Sorry you didn't make the trip, and I hope the recovery goes well.

BonnevilleBaby
05-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Maximus, sounds like a bad day gone worse. sorry to hear about that but i hope you recover well. Victor and I know all about those kinds of things that just make you say WTF??? We didn't make it to the FC either due to some similar mishaps but no bodily injury thank god:) The magic 8 ball just said all signs say "NO":D
Toni

Danhercules
05-17-2004, 10:01 AM
What a BLAST!!!!!!!
Had a great time.
Thanks for nothin Dan, I asked my wife if you boat was too fast, she said NO!! Now I need even more HP. LOL
It was a great weekend. I won the Longest tow award. Heres why..........
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763IM001152.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763IM001152_1.JPG
Here are some pics of my new seats.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763IM001151_1.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763IM001154.JPG

LVjetboy
05-17-2004, 10:14 AM
OUch Maximus! At least you saved the boat.
Dan, seats look great...glad we got to meet your wife.
CS19, maybe you need an air brake I mean splash guard :D
jer

Jetdriver
05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Pics!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/792004_0515Image0023-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/792004_0515Image0021-med.JPG

Jetdriver
05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/792004_0515Image0018-med.JPG

MAXIMUS
05-17-2004, 10:54 AM
The fan blade cut the Achilles tendon? Holy shit, talk about freak accidents! Will they have you on crutches, or in a wheelchair for a while? Sorry you didn't make the trip, and I hope the recovery goes well.
I am on crutches as long as I don't abuse the situation... Looks like I'll be in a cast for 8 weeks then after phyical therapy another 4-6 weeks in a leg brace! Yes I saved the boat & yes the 8 ball was running around the garage saturday! I told myself earlier on that there was a force that didn't want me to get this thing back together! I should have stopped & tried again some other time! Hope you all had fun! Next year I should be able to make more events!:)

Jetboatguru
05-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast. Hope we can make the next one. Is there going to be another one this year? Lots of bad ass looking boats and the butts with the strings dissappearing in them were NICE.
Good looking boat CS19 butt you are gonna need some heavier artillery to run with the big dogs:D

bp
05-17-2004, 12:32 PM
he just needs to leather up and climb on out on to the rope for awhile... too much talkin, not enough runnin. ;)
seeya in rb:cool:

WILDERTHANU
05-17-2004, 03:38 PM
WAS THERE ENOUGH WATER TO RUN A V-DRIVE ALL WEEKEND????????

Big Proppa
05-17-2004, 04:15 PM
YEP!!

Roman 1
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
WAS THERE ENOUGH WATER TO RUN A V-DRIVE ALL WEEKEND????????
Sounds like everyone had a great time!:cool: I heard there was a blue Hondo V-drive out there, goes by BGMAN203 on the boards.
Did anyone see him? Or better yet, anyone race him?
He got me by a boat and a half at Needles.:mad: :D

MudPumper
05-17-2004, 04:57 PM
He was there, runnin hard!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033FC_BGMan_Boat-med.JPG

TRG
05-17-2004, 09:22 PM
"I BELIEVE IT"!
brians boat is the shizzle!

Blown 472
05-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
He was there, runnin hard!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033FC_BGMan_Boat-med.JPG
Any jets race him?

MudPumper
05-17-2004, 09:31 PM
I know one that raced him but I'll let him post on it.:D

wrightnow
05-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Boy, What a great weekend, the weather was great, water level was up early, a great group of boaters, no crowds on the water and lots of HP running around. It’s hard to beat this combination except for if my boat had been running (just a little starter issue). I guess its easer to talk about how fast it could be instead of how fast it wasn’t
Thanks goes out to Scuba Steve for bring the entertainment and the jello shooters (BR hasn’t seen this kind of action in the 10+ years that I’ve been going there) even thought we had to pull the boys away. I guess sex education has been handle for the boys this year…
And then saturday night comes alone and just about everyone was getting into the action racing Hbjet as he took on any and all boats making all us DNE guys proud. I just cant believe he did it all on one tank of gas…lol
Thanks rooterwear for putting on the event and wsuwrhr for taking the time to make the hitch plates
And to everyone else I look forward to meeting up again….I guess that will br OP6 right?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000fb1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000fb2.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000fb3.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000hustler.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000mark.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000randy.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000scuba.jpg

Jake W
05-17-2004, 09:40 PM
I am not trying to be a Wrightnow Groopie but did any one get a pic of just Marks CP in th water?
Jake:confused:

RiverToysJas
05-17-2004, 09:41 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000hustler.jpg
Hey Joe, I like the retro-80s Flashdance look, I didn't know it was back already!!! LOL! :D
RTJas :D

MudPumper
05-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Great Pics Mark, you were like poperatzi(sp) in the reeds snappin those pics!!!;)

Cs19
05-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Great Pics Mark, you were like poperatzi(sp) in the reeds snappin those pics!!!;)
Lmao, I was thinkin' the same thing. I like how each boat is in the same spot for each pic.

TRG
05-17-2004, 09:49 PM
HA!,... to f@$#ing funny joe, can i get on some of that? but i want one in black with a "MOTORHEAD " skull on it though!( but i'll settle for one with pat benetar on it!)
lmfao!

wrightnow
05-17-2004, 09:52 PM
And I thought no body cared....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000markcp.jpg :cool:

RiverToysJas
05-17-2004, 09:54 PM
VERY NICE Mark!!! Looks really clean, I like it.
RTJas :D

Jake W
05-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Thats RAD Mark did you get any speed #s on it?

wrightnow
05-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I had to hide in the weeds or the wife would of snatch the camera away oh hell Let er Bitch !!
Thanks Todd

TRG
05-17-2004, 09:58 PM
right on brutha!

TRG
05-17-2004, 09:58 PM
and thanks for the pic!

wrightnow
05-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
Thats RAD Mark did you get any speed #s on it?
Thanks Jake, but no GPs numbers yet.. I was trying to get the feel of the boat with all the change and then I had the starter issue that side lined me for the rest of the weekend..
I will be back out to the river in 2 weeks then I will get some numbers....

shaun
05-17-2004, 10:27 PM
ok ok ok, i've held out once again for long enough!! Word on the street was that brian (bgman203) and mike (cyclone) where going to run. Did it happen!?!?

Cs19
05-17-2004, 10:44 PM
I didnt see em run, I think Mikes keepin the river racin to a minimum, which isnt a bad idea, it was a little rough at times for 110 mph passes, I think he would have handed him his ass though in some clean water. :D

shaun
05-17-2004, 11:08 PM
cs19: i hear ya, a lot of those pics had choppy water.

HBjet
05-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Here are my pics of Wrightnow...!
Thanks for the ride.... what is Bill Scottens number again? I need to order a 19' and sell my Liberty!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20Wrightnow1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20Wrightnow3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20Wrightnow2.jpg
Here is Wrightnow floating a little, and notice where he decided to sit while he floated down river, relaxing... Man he looks happy!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20WrightnowFloat.jpg
I also wanted to say Todd's name was mentioned often because the topic of this scoops paint job came up often... Very nice work Todd!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20TRGscoop2.jpg
HBjet

BGMAN203
05-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by cs19
I didnt see em run, I think Mikes keepin the river racin to a minimum, which isnt a bad idea, it was a little rough at times for 110 mph passes, I think he would have handed him his ass though in some clean water. :D
All I can say is no one from the FC group tried to run me except Randy. I will let randy tell you what he thought! Anytime Cyclone wants to punch off I am ready. There was rumors of it happening, but I really didn't persue it. Like they say in American Graffiti, "If he cant find me, then he aint worth racing!" The ass handing will have to wait, but I think you will be surprised whos ass gets handed to who CS19!!!

SCUBA STEVE
05-18-2004, 04:03 AM
For my first time out at Big River it was fun. It was great seeing the old faces again, and meeting some new ones. There was some bad ass boats out there! :D
Thanks Roost for having the event, we'll be back for the next one. :cool: :D
Oh yeah Mark, I cant take credit for making the Jello shooters, that goes to Bill & Shelli (the KH'S) but I can take credit for transporting them. :D :D
Until next time.... :cool:

Speedin' Ian
05-18-2004, 06:05 AM
I didnt see em run, I think Mikes keepin the river racin to a minimum, which isnt a bad idea, it was a little rough at times for 110 mph passes, I think he would have handed him his ass though in some clean water.
That sounds like one hell of an excuse!!! I saw pics of him doing passes down the river, what's the difference if there is another boat a couple boat lengths in front of him.;) Way to keep it real BGM.
BTW all the equipment there looks great, glad you guys had fun and nobody got hurt.

Danhercules
05-18-2004, 06:11 AM
I will have to say, I am a bit dissapointed. We did not finnish the keg!!!!! I did get some help, thanks HBjet, Roost, Hustler. Where was cyclone? The whole last man standing thing, my buddy won, and dose not even post here. Come on guys, WTF?

wrightnow
05-18-2004, 06:49 AM
Thanks Randy for thew pics, It's the first time I've seen my boat running in the water...
Mark

roostwear
05-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
I will have to say, I am a bit dissapointed. We did not finnish the keg!!!!! I did get some help, thanks HBjet, Roost, Hustler. Where was cyclone? The whole last man standing thing, my buddy won, and dose not even post here. Come on guys, WTF?
I tried my hardest to help kill that sucker. I can't listen to 80s/rap/country music without a bizarre visual now. :D It was great hanging out with you... did you get the coffee ground problem straightened out?
To everyone that attended, thanks for making it a great weekend. I won't even attempt to name everyone... too many names. For those that didn't (and didn't risk bodily injury), all I can say is....... you missed out big time.
Next stop on the "Disposable Income" tour, CBBB! (It would be OP6C, but that's a secret, right RD ;) ?)

Cs19
05-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
All I can say is no one from the FC group tried to run me except Randy. I will let randy tell you what he thought! Anytime Cyclone wants to punch off I am ready. There was rumors of it happening, but I really didn't persue it. Like they say in American Graffiti, "If he cant find me, then he aint worth racing!" The ass handing will have to wait, but I think you will be surprised whos ass gets handed to who CS19!!!
Saw your post in V-drives reguarding Big River too.
What was the fastest boat you raced all weekend? Just curious.

cyclone
05-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
I"m going to refrain from really ripping into you out of respect for your pops, who helped me immensely when my boat was sidelined. With that said, that's the last time I help find you an anchor! :D

cyclone
05-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
i was busy "breakin' in the trailer" with my girl. You and a keg of beer will always take a back seat to that! :D

superdave013
05-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by cyclone
i was busy "breakin' in the trailer" with HBjet. You and a keg of beer will always take a back seat to that! :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000Dsc03588_2.jpg
Holly shit!! :D :cool: :D

cyclone
05-18-2004, 08:33 AM
my weekend began with a trip to the tire store with the freshly upgraded ghetto home.
out with the old tires and wheels:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1543-med.JPG
and in with some fresh meats so that i was guaranteed the trailer would actually make it to BR.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1541-med.JPG
and my weekend ended like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1569-med.JPG
floating down the river with my girl, the Hustlers and HB Jet.
in between I saw awesome boats, made some great new friends, and drank too much beer.
The only boat i raced was HB Jet as I've tried to keep my river racing to a minimum. Recently I've found the difference between running 95 mph at the river and 110 mph at the river is quite big and I've decided to play it safe. Sorry to dissappoint but if anyone was waiting for me to run BGMan, they should of told him to untie his boat and get it out there when i was. My only disappointment was to see LVJetboy only once the entire weekend and I didnt even get close enough to see his boat that good.

Squirtcha?
05-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Nice edit job SD.:wink:

cyclone
05-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Roostwear- thanks so much for the stickers, the trailer never looked so good!! And thanks for throwing the event, i cant wait for next years. One can only hope that more cool get togethers like this begin to pop up from now one.

Brodie
05-18-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by cs19
I think Mikes keepin the river racin to a minimum, which isnt a bad idea, it was a little rough at times for 110 mph passes, I think he would have handed him his ass though in some clean water. :D
Dang. 110 = too fast for river.
THats' funney.
You ladies better not show up to Needles, no room to hide dem boats,,,,

cyclone
05-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000Dsc03588_2.jpg
Holly shit!! :D :cool: :D
i should have known you'd do something like this.

HBjet
05-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Brodie, how does
"it was a little rough at times for 110 mph passes"
translate to
"Dang. 110 = too fast for river"
HBjet

Speedin' Ian
05-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Recently I've found the difference between running 95 mph at the river and 110 mph at the river is quite big and I've decided to play it safe
I think this is what Brodie is refering to. I think that is cool, I'm sure my girlfriend wishes I had that same attitude. I now nothing about jets, but are they super unstable over a 100mph or something?

HBjet
05-18-2004, 09:25 AM
What a great weekend to start off the summer with. The boat ran great all weekend! Thanks to Roostwear and Brian (wshuwrhereksnsjdfbjsbgvdsgb) for putting this together. I also want to say thanks to all the ladies that made sure I had on sun screen, or a fresh beer, or jello shot. I think it was a great turn out, I just wish there where more flats. Maybe next year. Out of the 2 that were there, they are both nice. Friday night was a blast when Cyclone finally came rolling in at midnight with the trailer. I think we had about 20+ people in our site from that time on and around 3am it was down to 8-10 still drinking. Saturday was a great turn out and it was cool everyone made it up to the cove. WOW, that was some entertainment going on there. Saturday night was great. Like other have said, I was willing to run anyone, win or lose. I just wanted to run the boat. As squritcha stated, we lined up before that, but his boat is not slow, it sure is a runner as well, and looked good on the water! In front of camp there was a Stoker outboard. He wouldn't pair up with me he always stayed a few boats ahead, no biggie so we both hit it and I just caught him and passed him. I wanted to go again but he turned to go to the out ramp. I also raced BGMAN we both were looking for better water then what was in front of camp. We paired up and hit it but then backed out because the water got a little too choppy. We went up river a little and lined up again. Out of the hole we where even and stayed even until my boat started to reach its top speed, then he pulled me. Once we both let off, he was a good 2 boats ahead of me. Even though I lost (which is fine with me) I did get the coolest view to watch his boat run. I also ran Hack Job a few times. From a rolling start, we are pretty close, but I still passed him. Out of the whole, well, we have different boats and his weighs more, so that settles that. His boat though runs hard, even at a 45 degree angle to the left. Cyclone was out there later so I followed him down river because I wanted to see how bad I would lose. Out of the hole, I think I surprised him, but in the end I was ran down like I expected. Again, another great view of his boat running hard. BGMAN should have came out when Cyclone was out there. He was out there for some time too... Then a 21' Daytona running a 14:71 blown motor making something like 1100hp was out there and I was ready to take the boat out, but what the hell, I had gas left. So we paired up a few times and the first 2 I backed out because it was too rough for my hull, but not that 21. So we headed down river into the wind where the water was better. He would only run from a rolling start at 3000rpm, so we both hit it and were even. Once I tapped out he started to creep away from me, but not by much (thank god it's not a MPD boat) on the way back he gave me the thumbs up. I guess he was impressed with my boat. CS19's boat is going to be a hard hitter and I'm impressed that he was able to hold back and take it easy on the very first day he has had the boat on the water, ever! Give the boy some seat time and dial in with setup, and he will be sending some peeps to the trailer for sure.
It was great to finally meet some of the board members I haven't at other events, and some new ones. Everyone was cool (even the v-drive guys...haha) and I can honestly say this weekend was drama free!
HBjet

roostwear
05-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Of course you can look at it THIS way too........ where were all the v-drives hiding? Needles? Trailers? Hmmmm?

Speedin' Ian
05-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Well I'm glad everyone had fun and I would love to go to one of these events. The problem is i only do a few of these events a year and prefer to go to the ones that all my v-drive buddies are going to be at. Come on!!! What we need to do is plan a "vacation" that all the jet guys and v-drive guys want to go to. I don't doubt that a couple of you jet guys would beat a few v-drives, but we all know who would come out on top overall:D

roostwear
05-18-2004, 09:58 AM
With what I GPSed at FC, I guess I could have waited another day or so, but I called Jack and looks like I'll be buying a loader from him and going out testing. :D Got my eye on a set of D0VE heads too, but don't know when I'll get around to doing that.:confused:
Watch out, 70mph here I come! :rolleyes:

Jetdriver
05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Now Mike just tell everyone how much you like bees!

victorfb
05-18-2004, 10:09 AM
I've tried to keep my river racing to a minimum. Recently I've found the difference between running 95 mph at the river and 110 mph at the river is quite big and I've decided to play it safe. [/B]
mike i dont blame you one bit. the speeds alot of you guys are running now are amazing. and to do that on the track is one thing, but on the lake or river is nuts. too many unknowns. atleast at a track you have some of the safty crews and eqiupment needed just in case. but on the river? maybe if you set a little something up, and not just relying on all the poeple that are there for recreation. most have been drinking and enjoying a fun weekend. you just never know when that guy in the orange boat with the wacker is gunna pull another one of his stunts. 30 years ago guys were crashing and dieing and the speeds were less than what you guys are running. now im not saying to end "river racing", but alot of you guys are running (what would have been only a few years ago) record breaking boats.
sure sounds like it was an awsome time and i am so bummed out i missed it. but to hear all went well is fantastic.

roostwear
05-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
Now Mike just tell everyone how much you like bees!
Friggin bees! We had to change rooms Saturday night because of the infestation.
Victor, too bad you couldn't make it this weekend. I heard about your problems, and it was best you slowed down (and put out the fire :eek: ). Besides, bad mojo like that follows people, and it was probably best you didn't spread it :D

MAXIMUS
05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Recently I've found the difference between running 95 mph at the river and 110 mph at the river is quite big and I've decided to play it safe. [/B][/QUOTE]
Amen... Kinda funny how that works huh cyclone!;) When you start running real #'s you start realizing its not the casual river racing fun it used to be... Way to go on being smart!
As for BGman thats a very nice boat, I love the injector set up! I'll have to show you mine sometime!:D Better yet this is probably all you would get to see so have a gander...http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2kendra_04.jpg :eek: :D

superdave013
05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
damn Maxi! Nice Hat!! :D

cyclone
05-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
I think this is what Brodie is refering to. I think that is cool, I'm sure my girlfriend wishes I had that same attitude. I now nothing about jets, but are they super unstable over a 100mph or something?
The question for me is not stability over 100mph or a lack of balls. The question for me is how many pwc's or other boaters are going to pull out in front of me from the side of the river and kill me. It's happened twice already and i'll do what i can to minimize the danger of driving my boat fast. Up river from camp and down river from camp i ran the boat wide open with my jacket on and no boats or pwc's near me because that's where i felt comfortable. If that means that the people on shore at big river dont get a show then that's too bad for them. I'd rather live than crash my boat because i was racing in front of the campground where the water is the choppiest and kids on pwc's dart out from the shore with little regard for the boats nearby.

Squirtcha?
05-18-2004, 12:29 PM
That's smart. I agree completely...............down river a mile or so from BR in particular, was 99% clear of traffic pretty much all day Saturday. Much better place to open it up.
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
Come on!!! What we need to do is plan a "vacation" that all the jet guys and v-drive guys want to go to. I don't doubt that a couple of you jet guys would beat a few v-drives, but we all know who would come out on top overall:D
I thought that's what this one was all about. Freeboard Challenged. No Jet in the title of that one.

roostwear
05-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Geezus, it's not about BEATING anyone. This wasn't a race. FC is about enjoying the water and friends. Maybe this SHOULD be planned on a race weekend so the "racers" aren't around. Kinda hard to enjoy the water and friends when you're on the trailer and not the beach.

Speedin' Ian
05-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Cyclone I hope I didn't ruffle your feathers, I was being sincere when I typed that. I see a lot of people going stupid fast with no safety gear, or large crowds, or worst yet, passengers. You got a sweet boat and I'm impressed that you don't feel the need to impress anyone. I run my boat in front of camp (safely of course) but I don't think anyone is getting much of a show:D . If we ever go to the same event we'll have to head to some smooth water and have a go at it, but make sure we run 'em out the back door, you jets are too damn fast in the 1/8th mile:wink: . After the race I'll make sure you wimps finish that keg:p .
I thought that's what this one was all about. Freeboard Challenged. No Jet in the title of that one.
I didn't say that this was a jet specific event, but seeing as how only two v-drives showed up I'm guessing most of the v-drives I enjoy boating with were not there. I will definately try to make it to one of these things though, sounds like you guys had a blast and their seemed to be some good eye candy.

hack job
05-18-2004, 01:11 PM
The question for me is not stability over 100mph or a lack of balls. The question for me is how many pwc's or other boaters are going to pull out in front of me from the side of the river and kill me. It's happened twice already and i'll do what i can to minimize the danger of driving my boat fast. Up river from camp and down river from camp i ran the boat wide open with my jacket on and no boats or pwc's near me because that's where i felt comfortable. If that means that the people on shore at big river dont get a show then that's too bad for them. I'd rather live than crash my boat because i was racing in front of the campground where the water is the choppiest and kids on pwc's dart out from the shore with little regard for the boats nearby.
iam with this, after two close calls over the weekend. i will not be trying to impress any one if ia going to run it hard ill take it some were , were i can control the situation a little more, when i ran it hard in front of the beach i camedown hard and shot way left and it scared the crap out of me . infact i have heard that there is video and you can see me look down at the floor well i was looking to see what fell out of my shorts. lol:D after that i came to the realization that i cna hurt my slef or other very easly and its not worth it.. good for you mike:)

gunslinger
05-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Since you guys bought the Hondo project, I bought a running jet boat for the summer. It will be awhile until I can build a flatty and the girl friend likes the shallow water deal. It will do for now. Since we live so close lets get the ventura county guys out to Casitas. I'll be there Fri or Sat. Anyhow, I dont know much about jet boats either. I do know it is stable at 95. Lets get to it.:D

Speedin' Ian
05-18-2004, 01:20 PM
that sounds cool Gunslinger, just not sure if the next two weeks will work. I got finals this week at school and I am working the wildland fire expo for the FD on Saturday. Then next week I have my graduation. Plus we are trying to get the Hondo together, should drop the motor in it this weekend sometime. After that I will have a lot of free time since I'm taking a month and a half off before I start looking for a real job:) . We'll get the whole VC gang together and we'll see how our new boats run!

LVjetboy
05-18-2004, 01:30 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, my freeboard was challenged by a wake boat or two. Even jet skis :D No big deal I'm a moving target. They seemed to hang mostly on the south end. To me the real challenge was moving water and rock shoals. I'm sticking my paddle down to see and like Squirtcha said, the water magnifies. But when you're zooming over a shoal and wondering....? I'm sure Canadian jetters will laugh if they read this. Ian, I saw one other v-drive...white with three (dark blue?) s's on the side... Don't know if he was FBC or on the boards but he made a few passes looked good. Seems I've seen a picture here but do you know him? Too bad he tied up early.
Roostwear, no bees on our side but that pet scorpion? Karen was flippin' the light on all night so she wouldn't step on one on the way to pee. :D
jer

roostwear
05-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by hack job
iam with this, after two close calls over the weekend. i will not be trying to impress any one if ia going to run it hard ill take it some were , were i can control the situation a little more, when i ran it hard in front of the beach i camedown hard and shot way left and it scared the crap out of me . infact i have heard that there is video and you can see me look down at the floor well i was looking to see what fell out of my shorts. lol:D after that i came to the realization that i cna hurt my slef or other very easly and its not worth it.. good for you mike:)
There is video... I saw it Saturday night. The first thing out of everyone's mouth when you turned, was "Oh shit!"
I was going about 40 and had a PWC cut across by bow, just before I got to the cove. It could easily have been ANYWHERE, and faster than 40 (well, OK, for me, not a LOT faster). Point is, as much as we ALL enjoy speed and we're always looking for more, just because we're in the water, doesn't mean the race is on. If somebody's looking for a race every time they launch, eventually they're gonna wind up in deep sh!t. The disclaimer I made up for FC wasn't a legal dodge, it was a caution.

HBjet
05-18-2004, 02:00 PM
I just want to say I saw Roostwear running his boat and from my view (on the water passing him in the other direction) it sure looked good.
HBjet

roostwear
05-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
quote:
Well, my freeboard was challenged by a wake boat or two. Even jet skis :D No big deal I'm a moving target. They seemed to hang mostly on the south end. To me the real challenge was moving water and rock shoals. I'm sticking my paddle down to see and like Squirtcha said, the water magnifies. But when you're zooming over a shoal and wondering....? I'm sure Canadian jetters will laugh if they read this. Ian, I saw one other v-drive...white with three (dark blue?) s's on the side... Don't know if he was FBC or on the boards but he made a few passes looked good. Seems I've seen a picture here but do you know him? Too bad he tied up early.
Roostwear, no bees on our side but that pet scorpion? Karen was flippin' the light on all night so she wouldn't step on one on the way to pee. :D
jer
You think I'm going to tell Shelley about friggin' SCORPIONS too? The bees were bad enough!
Glad you made it to BR. Looking more and more like jetters and v-drivers don't mix...... surprise! :rolleyes:

HBjet
05-18-2004, 02:05 PM
They mix on the Jet side just fine.... just not sure about the v-drive side. We will see.
HBjet

roostwear
05-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
I just want to say I saw Roostwear running his boat and from my view (on the water passing him in the other direction) it sure looked good.
HBjet
Thanks Randy. Talked with Jack this morning, and I should be able to get more out of this combination with a loader. He says the E intake is set too high, and a shoe is needed, but he has a loader that'll grab more water at speed. I'll be a Jack's tomorrow for more hardware :D

HalletDave
05-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks Randy. Talked with Jack this morning, and I should be able to get more out of this combination with a loader. He says the E intake is set too high, and a shoe is needed, but he has a loader that'll grab more water at speed. I'll be a Jack's tomorrow for more hardware :D
Mike,
Remember, it's only money.;)
Thanks again for the invitation.
Sounds like you all had a great time. I was thinking seriously about showing up and sleeping in the truck but I have been fighting bronchitis for two weeks now so it probably would not have been a good choice on my part to attend. I hope I can meet up with some of the group soon.
If not you all will have to wait until the CBBB.:D
California Girls, yo baby! :D :D

MudPumper
05-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Mike, Jack sure knows what he's talking about, my boat is proof of that. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. BTW your boat does look great. I love the open bow and the new interior.;)

roostwear
05-18-2004, 02:49 PM
It's my "Married with children" boat ;)

77charger
05-18-2004, 03:00 PM
It changes your thoughts after you have been down the drags at ming doesnt it?I am the same way with the flat if it aint right dont push it i know i am faster than alot but it aint worth the danger just to impress others.esp at over 100.I was playing last memorial at LL and i dont think i will do it again last year the boat was 107-110 in the 1/4 now its alot more.Just to many people who dont think.

LOWRIVER2
05-18-2004, 07:01 PM
I only read the last page of this thread and have to say great post on Cyclone's part for being so wise about the lower river without having spent a lot of time down there.
Only Wrightnow and a couple others around here have been on this section of water longer than I have and the potential for an accident is still high even with less traffic than the strip due to narrow width of the river. A flatbottom hit a sea doo at the exit point of champagne cove a several years back which resulted in the death of of one person on the PWC and the driver of the flat killed himself later out of guilt. Very sad deal. A CP T boned a 19ft. Daytona 2 years back. Fortunately, only minor injuries and hull damage were the final result.
It's great a lot of guys with the small jets have found the lower river to be a fun place to visit. It's also good to see people are being mindful to the fact that speed can be dangerous on any body of water, regardless of boat size.
For those of you who will be boating this section of water for the first summer, just remember there's plenty of absent minded PWC riders and boaters down here, just as there are everywhere else. They surface Mem. day and last till Labor day, just like all the other waterways.
And if you boat stupid in front of my house on the water down there, I'll just track you down and give you an attitude adjustment, free of charge/LOL!
Have a fun and safe summer folks,
LR

LVjetboy
05-18-2004, 07:44 PM
"It changes your thoughts after you have been down the drags at ming doesnt it?"
I doubt a trip down the track more enlightening than time on the water ways...although way more safe to be sure.
jer

wrightnow
05-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey Lowriver2, Hows it been, it been awhile but alls good on my part. Hows the new boat working out for you or are you still wanting that CP...lol
Are you going to be up for memorial weekend? We need to hoop-up and catch up on what been going on....
Let me know if you going to be around
Mark

LOWRIVER2
05-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Hey WN, good to hear all's good with ya,
Won't be up Mem. day or any holiday this year, anti terrorist stuff is heating up, we're real busy with work. I've been up to the house once a month since last May of 03 but no boating. Work is priority one now so not much river time for me. We've got 400 watts on the deck/100 watts on my beach now so the tunes are good, new bar be que and the hot tub is working good. New paint, new car port, new deck, new deck cover, new screens, the list goes on and on. The good thing is once you have a house out there, it's always there in the future. 340/month for river front space rent/60 feet of my own beach is pretty nice too.
Sure, I'll get into something quick one day, for now though, hunting gangsters and terrorists is more fun so I'll just be hanging out in my hammock overlooking the river to chill out when I'm out there, I get more than my fair share of adrenaline at work these days.
Yeah, the boat is 10 years old with 128 orig. hours/fresh stage II pump and valve job. It's a whopping 65mph-3000lb cruiser but the roost hits the bridge!/lol. I'll be selling it this summer as it's not me.
Have a good one, the boat looks good, and I assume you bought a life line to go with all that horsepower. If not, get one and that's an order!/lol
Take care,
G

HBjet
05-19-2004, 07:48 AM
LR, if you want, Wrightnow and I can stop the place and make sure everything works for Mem. weekend? really, we don't mind. J/K Glad to here you are still going out there and when ever I come up there, I'll look for you.... if you see me, wave me down!
HBjet

cyclone
05-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
"It changes your thoughts after you have been down the drags at ming doesnt it?"
I doubt a trip down the track more enlightening than time on the water ways...although way more safe to be sure.
jer
if you ever make a trip down the track then you'd understand. It immediately opens your eyes up to the dangers of driving your boat fast once you have the bow lift on you at half track in perfectly flat water! Or sit on the rope while a boat barrel rolls and the driver is ejected again, in flat water. A lot can go wrong at over 100 mph without having to worry about other boats or pwc's in the vicinity.

LOWRIVER2
05-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Sounds good HB,
I put a lock on the Bar b que and a kill switch on the hot tub, otherwise, Wrightnow might take up shop and say it's his place/lol.
When the U.S. flag is posted off the deck, me or my work partner Ron is in, stop by and say hi. A family friend will be out there Mem. day with a blue/white 19ft. Elim. for sale. It's the same hull as Hack Job's and should be parked out front.
LR

flat broke
05-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Gary,
We had a look to see if you were Home (Mark gave up your 10/20 on the river), but no luck. I don't know when Ty and I will be down there next, but we'd love to hook up and shoot the shizzle for a while. I hope all is well and work is going good for ya.
Chris
Edit...
Gary,
Ty may need to talk to your bud with the 19 elim for sale. Get me his info and I'll forward it to Ty.
Thanks,
Chris

LVjetboy
05-19-2004, 09:36 AM
"A lot can go wrong at over 100 mph without having to worry about other boats or pwc's in the vicinity."
That's my point Mike. More can go wrong at 70 on the lake than at higher speeds on the track. Nothing like hitting a roller at speed to be enlightened...real quick. In that respect, a trip down the track at 100 is safer and maybe less enlightening. But I understand what you're saying. And I've also seen first hand at the track...though not from the rope angle.
jer

hack job
05-19-2004, 09:45 AM
gary let me knwo about that boat;) oh and i droped you a email:D

LOWRIVER2
05-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Well Wrightnow, looks like a CP (albeit old) is in my future,
I ran into Bacon today, he's looking for a family boat, soooo,
We're gonna trade boats plus some cash on his side. I'm gonna use that to fix the deck. A 565 will be in that baby by next summer. Now I'll have the family boat I always wanted.
Funny how things fall into place when you least expect them to.
See ya out there, gonna drive my "new to me CP" tomorrow!! Can't wait, the CP that started the whole thing for me is now mine, that's cool!!

wrightnow
05-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey Lowriver, Congrad on the new (new to you) boat. I knew Bill was looking to let it go but I thought it was going to be at the end of summer.
With a 565 in her it should be a runner, Be sure to be safe and sane...
Mark

LOWRIVER2
05-24-2004, 06:30 AM
I was just kidding with ya WN, Wild Bill stopped by the house on my way out Fri, he said you were into the open bow , so I could'nt resist. I heard Don Rhodes just had a brand new open bow CP popped this week for his Mrs. with a 540 to ski with. Should be nice.
Keep em happy WN,LOL!

KustomKlassics
06-05-2004, 08:09 AM
OK, I'm a little laggin but I thought I'd post some pics of the FC. (better late than never)
Heres Randy

KustomKlassics
06-05-2004, 08:10 AM
nuther of Randy

KustomKlassics
06-05-2004, 08:11 AM
some of the boats

KustomKlassics
06-05-2004, 08:11 AM
the girls

KustomKlassics
06-05-2004, 08:14 AM
squirtcha

MudPumper
06-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey KK, the two pics of Travis are really pics of Randy aka: HBJet. Unless you know something I don't and his name really is Travis!!!:confused: :D ;)

KustomKlassics
06-06-2004, 07:55 AM
:eek: Doh! I knew that. Total brain fart. And we were hanging with him most of the day. Sorry Randy.
Where did travis come from?

KustomKlassics
06-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Hey, isnt there a country singer named Randy Travis?

AZKC
06-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the pics KK:)

MudPumper
06-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by KustomKlassics
:eek: Doh! I knew that. Total brain fart. And we were hanging with him most of the day. Sorry Randy.
Where did travis come from?
Funny as hell!!!! I'm going to start calling him Travis for now on.. :D

HBjet
06-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Funny as hell!!!! I'm going to start calling him Travis for now on.. :D
Oh Really???????:D
Nice Pics! It was cool hanging with you and your woman! Great gal you got there.
Would post more but I'm a little tired... just got back from the river!
HBjet aka Randy