PDA

View Full Version : One Peice Pan Gasket?

BK
05-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I just got my FelPro one piece pan gasket (BBC) and it seems to fit perfect everywhere except on the timing cover, its not snug down against it. All the little tabbs line up, but you can see between the gasket and timing cover. Is this a problem? Or will it be ok after I install the pan? Just want to make sure im not gonna pinch the gasket or somthing.

HammerDown
05-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Thats how mine was...also ya might want to use a thin bead of "Ultra Black" RTV along the gasket...because mine did leak the 1'st time around! One nice thing about the one piece, you can re-use it a few times if needed.

GofastRacer
05-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Those are the shit, if your pan is in good shape you don't need any silicone, it will seal perfect!. When you bolt the pan down it will take up all the slack, they are a perfect fit!..:cool:

Moneypitt
05-16-2004, 09:11 PM
What gofast said.......The little tits may not seem right with aftermarket timing covers, if the cover doesn't have a hole there, cut the tit off........I used one on the PS motor, no sealer, no leaks.......Moneypitt

BK
05-17-2004, 04:42 AM
This is the first time ive used the one peice gasket, and its definatley the s@#t, it looks bullet proof. I was just a little concerned about how much space there is. Im gonna probebly take Hammers advice and just run a real thin bead of ultra black accross the timing cover and on the back of the pan as well. Thanks for the help guys.

79 HUSTLER
05-17-2004, 10:47 AM
BK I have used those one my motor the last two years and have taken the pan off many of times. I have only had it slip off this last time and pinch the gasket and cause a mess. So this last time I just ran a small (real small) amount of rtv and had no problems this last weekend and no worries due to the rtv. KELLY

HammerDown
05-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Yep, that "Ultra Black" Bites where others wont. Just a thin wipe is all I'm talking. My 1'st time around it leaked...and I was big time carefull!;)

DetroitJim
05-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Hey, how come when I tried a one piece gasket, it was so damn big up front the pan would not go on. I'm running a Milodon pan and a Glenwood front cover. Is there more than one style pan or cover that requires a different gasket, like small blocks have two styles???
DJ

HammerDown
05-18-2004, 03:06 PM
DJ, when I installed my Fel-Pro one piece with my new Millodon Jet Pan I had to use longer bolts at the front, just a little longer.:wink:
The 1'st go around I wanted to use a thin bead of (Ultra Black)...my friend said no way...it leaked at the narrow area where the filter screws on. I pulled the engine and did it my way...perfect.:cool: