PDA

View Full Version : 22 foot (?) blown injected v-drive Cole??

Craig
05-16-2004, 10:34 AM
We were running down the river yesterday from Topock. Man the water was rough for the little boats ;) We were running with what looked like a ~22' Cole with a v-drive, big blower and what looked like an injector hat. We finally got some reasonably smooth water without any other boats, right before the river transitioned to the lake, and took off together. We were running just a little over 101 mph and barely pulled the Cole, hell, he could have back off with those conditions! I've never seen a smaller non-tunnel run in the rough that fast, it was too cool. Wanted to stop and see what he had but he went to the channel and we were jammin' down to Steamboat. Anyone know this boat?
Craig

HP350SC
05-16-2004, 11:43 AM
I don't know who the boat is but that sounds impressive and would take some kahunas to run that fast in rough water. Check out GEOO and his 18' Donzi with an Arneson and procharged small block! He had a clear picture of 110mph plus in the Blower Motors column, thread was Water pumps&the bypass.

OutCole'd
05-16-2004, 12:19 PM
If it's the same boat i'm thinking of, he goes by the name J540. One bad ass boat for sure.

Craig
05-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Bad-ass for sure, we also ran with a small Howard flatbottom that I think had an I/O and what appeared to be a turning skeg. He ran hard too :D
I tried to get Donnie to shoot a couple of shots of the Cole, but it was so damn rough again, he couldn't zoom or focus that great. Here's the best I could get!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/30P5150211a.jpg

DUNDUN
05-16-2004, 01:22 PM
I think I saw that boat in needles a couple weeks ago. It ran very well. don't know who's it was but it was anchored across from needles marina. Very nice boat.

OutCole'd
05-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Bad-ass for sure, we also ran with a small Howard flatbottom that I think had an I/O and what appeared to be a turning skeg. He ran hard too :D
I tried to get Donnie to shoot a couple of shots of the Cole, but it was so damn rough again, he couldn't zoom or focus that great. Here's the best I could get!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/30P5150211a.jpg
Yep, that's j540's boat.

Mandelon
05-16-2004, 02:29 PM
What?! No pink in the gel? I thought they all had to have that? ;) ;)

STVBOY
05-16-2004, 05:43 PM
never knew how that boat ran but by far the best sounding boat on the lake for sure.

OutCole'd
05-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
What?! No pink in the gel? I thought they all had to have that? ;) ;)
Look Close, there is pink in the gell, ass hole.:D :D

sandblasted
05-16-2004, 07:09 PM
That boat belongs to a guy we go to Nedles with once in awhile...It's a cole with a v-drive and it flat hauls ass!!!! I'm not sure how much horsepower it has but I know it has hit 110 on GPS....:D

Craig
05-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Given that he was running about a hundred in the slop up river, I don't doubt 110 :eek:

disco_charger
05-17-2004, 06:14 AM
I see that guy across the river from Needles Marina Park all the time, he either has a moble home or rents one. That boat does haul ass, and I think it's an open bow too. Really nice. I pulled up next to it once to look (while it was tied at the dock, of course.) ;)

79 HUSTLER
05-17-2004, 07:41 AM
That boat is the biggest pile of shit excuse for a boat that I have ever seen, slow as hell and way to much pink, the owner must be gay or something. Maybe he was being towed by someone to be going that fast.
Wake up you BIIAAATTTCHH and get to work..
Craig, it is a 20' Cole Open Bow-Family Boat (yeah right) w/a injected575 14/71.
John-don't go getting your wifes panties in a bunch-You are still wearing them right- You know I like that pos cause when you hiding on the side of my boat it sure makes mine sound good :D :D

CustomCruiser
05-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Craig - Nice run down river! I was in the 21' Howard. Your boat looks as good as it runs. As soon as we hit a good open section of the river you were gone and the Cole passed me right after you. 6 Dollar Boat said he talked with you earlier that day. Were you at Park Moabi?

InKahntrol
05-17-2004, 09:42 AM
OH man, I saw that boat several times this past weekend all over the lake, and it has an exhaust note to die for. Sounds like an AA Fuel Altered or something. Very impressive.

ACCEPTENCE
05-17-2004, 09:45 AM
That is in fact a 20 1/2 foot Cole V-Drive cruiser.
575 cubic inch, aluminun headed, inner cooled, blown (big), injected fire breathin, outta control animal:eek: .
At only 101mph I'm kinda thinkin he may have been toyin with ya or he had his wife in the boat cauz that thing will exceed the 125mph mark on any given day.
It couldn't have been the water conditions slowin him down!!!
He's nuttier the a christmas fruit roll when he's drivin that thing.
His name is John Fagan and he goes by J540 on the boards.
When he sees this thread, you can bet he'll be posting
Mental note to self... Dont go for a ride with John:eek: :D !!!.

Craig
05-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by CustomCruiser
Craig - Nice run down river! I was in the 21' Howard. Your boat looks as good as it runs. As soon as we hit a good open section of the river you were gone and the Cole passed me right after you. 6 Dollar Boat said he talked with you earlier that day. Were you at Park Moabi?
That Howard scoots. You left right before me out of Moabi. You were running behind Scott's Lavey cat and I just couldn't catch up without really getting banged around :) Is your boat an I/O with a turning skeg? Thought I saw that during one of our launches as we all jammed down river
6 Dollar Boat, I think I remember that, what boat did he have?
The water conditions were slowing us all down! Now I can't run 125, but I'd still rrace him just to watch and hear J540 go ripping by :D
79hustler, I think I saw you go by us a we were bouncing down the lake on the north side!
Thanks for all the info!

79 HUSTLER
05-17-2004, 10:04 AM
79hustler, I think I saw you go by us a we were bouncing down the lake on the north side!
Thanks for all the info!
Yeah I left the sandbar at the same time and did not want to blow John away, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: got to let him feel good once in a while :D :D I finally was able to catch back up after you guys slowed down at the mouth of the lake.

CustomCruiser
05-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Craig - Yep, my boat is an I/O. If you saw the skeg under it, then I was definitely airn' it out! Too much fun... I'll look for you the next time we're at Moabi and introduce myself.
BTW, Scott = 6 Dollar Boat :D

79 HUSTLER
05-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
That is in fact a 20 1/2 foot Cole V-Drive cruiser.
575 cubic inch, aluminun headed, inner cooled, blown (big), injected fire breathin, outta control animal:eek: .
At only 101mph I'm kinda thinkin he may have been toyin with ya or he had his wife in the boat cauz that thing will exceed the 125mph mark on any given day.
It couldn't have been the water conditions slowin him down!!!
He's nuttier the a christmas fruit roll when he's drivin that thing.
His name is John Fagan and he goes by J540 on the boards.
When he sees this thread, you can bet he'll be posting
Mental note to self... Dont go for a ride with John:eek: :D !!!.
Whats up man, that toon sure sticks out pretty good with the light bar, I was going to turn around but knowing that John was racing and chances of him needing a tow was pretty good, so I figured I'd give you a break and be the chase/tow boat. :D :D Thanks for the message Friday -ASSHOLE- that would have been some scary shit at 80mph on the 40 at one of those screwed up bridges. Amber flip everytime there was any kind of noise after that. It was not fun. Talk to ya later gator. KELLY

Craig
05-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by CustomCruiser
BTW, Scott = 6 Dollar Boat :D
OK then, I remember him :D Nice boat!

J540
05-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Look Close, there is pink in the gell, ass hole.:D :D
Wait, its not gel, its all laquer, and yes it has pink in it:D

OutCole'd
05-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by J540
Wait, its not gel, its all laquer, and yes it has pink in it:D
I was checking out your boat at Havasu 5 or 6 weeks ago at Havasu. Just Sick. I had a Skier and loved it.
That Mandelon is always picking on me cause mine had pink in it, and he is not comfortable with his lack of masculinity.:D :D

J540
05-17-2004, 12:14 PM
That Mandelon is always picking on me cause mine had pink in it, and he is not comfortable with his lack of masculinity.:D :D [/B][/QUOTE]
Too funny. well hope to see you up there soon. i should be back up this thur, I think. ;)

mbrown2
05-17-2004, 12:15 PM
There is a 22 closed deck Cole V Drive/Blown thats runs around on the Parker strip from time to time....Red/White...that boats flat hauls ass...I can maybe run with him up top, but from a dead stop...I won't see him till he slows down....He can just pin it, and the boat launches....He drives the boat through slop like nothing too...
How do those boats handle slop?

J540
05-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
There is a 22 closed deck Cole V Drive/Blown thats runs around on the Parker strip from time to time....Red/White...that boats flat hauls ass...I can maybe run with him up top, but from a dead stop...I won't see him till he slows down....He can just pin it, and the boat launches....He drives the boat through slop like nothing too...
You have total control of the cavaitation plates. (trim tabs on out drives,or trim on the drive) with your L/foot, instant response, plus being a v drive it handles very well. on a small boat like mine you would crash in water like what i was running in with hydraulic tabs. they cant react fast enough.well and having a brother that had a TOP FUEL FLATBOTTOM helps a little:D

jackpunx
05-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I think I know the boat your talking about.. its a runner.. I dont understand how these boats handle the water they do..I know how my boat handles.. but I would never want to run some of that water in a V

J540
05-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 79 HUSTLER
Wake up you BIIAAATTTCHH and get to work..
[/B]
i went in for an hr,:D

J540
05-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Just in case any of you need one ,or more . I have intercoolers, the ones i make, here is a pic,:wink:

Schiada76
05-17-2004, 02:03 PM
The best thing about John's chillers, he gives you parts off his boat when you buy one.:D
WHERE'S THE PASTIE PICS DAMNIT!:eek:

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Seemed like every where we went this weekend we saw your boat or heard it. :D we were on the conquest deck boat on Sunday what was parked pretty close to you in Copper Canyon. We could hear you coming through the channel from the other end.
DMB

Craig
05-17-2004, 02:18 PM
OK, I didn't get any pastie pic's this weekend, too busy driving most of the time :) I have a few I'll get on my site shortly along with a lot of the boats from the weekend.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/30P5140135a.jpg

DogHouse
05-17-2004, 04:46 PM
John-don't go getting your wifes panties in a bunch-You are still wearing them right- You know I like that pos cause when you hiding on the side of my boat it sure makes mine sound good :D :D
79 Hustler, I was wondering if that was you heading up to Sandbar on Saturday in the gray/orange Force. I remember those two boats together. Both sound good, but that blown infected dealio definitely take the prize for meanest sounding boat on the lake! Although, come to think of it, Bling Bling's ride don't sound too bad either... ;)
:D

phebus
05-17-2004, 06:13 PM
OK, I didn't get any pastie pic's this weekend, too busy driving most of the time :) I have a few I'll get on my site shortly along with a lot of the boats from the weekend.
Everyone check out the link Craig has to his site. GREAT!!
Craig's site (http://www.justanothertoy.com/)

J540
05-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BradP
The best thing about John's chillers, he gives you parts off his boat when you buy one.:D
on hot boat pics:D :D got more to

J540
05-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by BradP
OK here they are:D :D :p

Craig
05-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey now! :D That's good. BTW, thanks for thr plug phebus:)

Cousin Bob
05-17-2004, 07:44 PM
John, your deal looked pretty good rippin by us.
Sounded even better.
I see you got all the parts that were dangling off the back, reattached.
Tell Pete to get my motor back together! When your having lunch tomorrow so we can hook up at the river.
JACKASS!!!!!

J540
05-17-2004, 07:47 PM
OOPS mabe this will be better now its a jpeg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1062j540_one.jpg
here BRAD how is this.:D :D

ACCEPTENCE
05-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Your chick is gonna have your ASS for this one!!!!!!!!!!!

79 HUSTLER
05-18-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse
79 Hustler, I was wondering if that was you heading up to Sandbar on Saturday in the gray/orange Force. I remember those two boats together. Both sound good, but that blown infected dealio definitely take the prize for meanest sounding boat on the lake! Although, come to think of it, Bling Bling's ride don't sound too bad either... ;)
Yeah if it was a orange and grey like the one below it was me. For some reason the jackass in the cole likes to follow me around like he's lost.... And Bling's boat does sound badass, ..... one of these days :D :D KELLY

Schiada76
05-18-2004, 07:26 AM
OOPS mabe this will be better now its a jpeg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1062j540_one.jpg
here BRAD how is this.:D :D
DAMN!
Iffin I gets one them fast boats can a get a set of hat polishers like that?:D

DogHouse
05-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah if it was a orange and grey like the one below it was me. For some reason the jackass in the cole likes to follow me around like he's lost.... And Bling's boat does sound badass, ..... one of these days :D :D KELLY
I passed you guys in some traffic. My first thought was "uh oh, that's not gonna stick..."

eliminatedsprinter
05-19-2004, 08:24 AM
You have total control of the cavaitation plates. (trim tabs on out drives,or trim on the drive) with your L/foot, instant response, plus being a v drive it handles very well. on a small boat like mine you would crash in water like what i was running in with hydraulic tabs. they cant react fast enough.well and having a brother that had a TOP FUEL FLATBOTTOM helps a little:D
J540
Did I meet you when I rode up on my bike one day last year and you were working on that boat in the drive of a nice house in Northridge? We spoke about what had happened to Jim Cole and Cole boats etc....

Just-Jettin
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
J540,
Was your brother name Chuck Fegan and the Master Blaster BBF? Had a pinch head on pop for power, then sold it to Terry Thompson and he ran that boat in BAF in the mid 80's. Your brother had a pretty good fire one pass, and when I saw the boat 7 years later the back of the seat was still burned when Terry was driving it. The boat still runs today in TAF called Blurred Vission. BBF, those were the good old days thats forsure.

J540
05-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
J540
Did I meet you when I rode up on my bike one day last year and you were working on that boat in the drive of a nice house in Northridge? We spoke about what had happened to Jim Cole and Cole boats etc....
yep ,on rayan and white oak, I remember that too funny. like they say small world.:wink:

J540
05-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Just-Jettin
J540,
Was your brother name Chuck Fegan and the Master Blaster BBF? Had a pinch head on pop for power, then sold it to Terry Thompson and he ran that boat in BAF in the mid 80's. Your brother had a pretty good fire one pass, and when I saw the boat 7 years later the back of the seat was still burned when Terry was driving it. The boat still runs today in TAF called Blurred Vission. BBF, those were the good old days thats forsure.
Yes thats him, its fagan and the boat is still around, I heard they F,ed it all up. moved the strut all over the place, and some other stuff. the fire was do to a, OOPS i forgot to tighten the valve cover :D oh well. that was at ? damm i just thoght of it, think in AZ, but not firebird. they asked me if i wanted to buy the boat, at a castaic race, it would be neat , but nah.

J540
05-19-2004, 07:37 PM
intercooler blem just the three marks, the rest are just spots, the flash made it look bad.

eliminatedsprinter
05-20-2004, 10:28 AM
yep ,on rayan and white oak, I remember that too funny. like they say small world.:wink:
That's great. :cool: That was a good conversation...
I remebered that boat, because Coles and Stokers are my 2 favorite types of boats.:cool: :cool: :D
Do you usually run it at the river or do you do any local??:cool:

79 HUSTLER
05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
That's great. :cool: That was a good conversation...
I remebered that boat, because Coles and Stokers are my 2 favorite types of boats.:cool: :cool: :D
Do you usually run it at the river or do you do any local??:cool:
i'd like to see one lake out there, local, that would allow him out there. I would say the only one that would not hassle us as much would be piru but that is the biggest shit hole. Just for the hassling factor alone it is worth it to drive 4 hours to the river just to use the damn thing. Not to mention all the other positives about the river :D :D :D So-Cal lakes BLOW :eek: :eek: KELLY

eliminatedsprinter
05-20-2004, 02:24 PM
i'd like to see one lake out there, local, that would allow him out there. I would say the only one that would not hassle us as much would be piru but that is the biggest shit hole. Just for the hassling factor alone it is worth it to drive 4 hours to the river just to use the damn thing. Not to mention all the other positives about the river :D :D :D So-Cal lakes BLOW :eek: :eek: KELLY
I was thinking more of Pyramid, Isabella, or Naci.....I know none of our friends with loud boats have been hassled at pyramid or Isabella when I've been there.

1Bahnerjet
05-20-2004, 03:22 PM
the Hard Deck Version :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43Scan050_May_20_2004.jpg

eliminatedsprinter
05-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
You'll have to ask Jim Cole how he makes his small V hulls handle slop better than anyone else's. I just know he takes a lot of pride in the fact that they do and he seems to have put forth a lot of effort twards that end.

superdave013
05-20-2004, 08:02 PM
It's a v drive thing!
Due to the prop being under the boat and the 7 - 8 degree shaft angle the boat does not get the bow rise like it would if it had an (about to be broken) outdrive on the back. That along with the big fin and the big plates hooked directly to your left foot they handle very well.
eliminatedsprinter, I love Coles as much as the next guy but I would not say they are the BEST hull in the slop.
Raysoncrafts seem to RUEL the GN ranks and the schiada's and Hallet Vectors do pretty good in the ski races. I've never even seen a Cole even try to compete. lol, even though J540's could prolly keep up in the straights.

J540
05-20-2004, 08:17 PM
I was thinking more of Pyramid, Isabella, or Naci.....I know none of our friends with loud boats have been hassled at pyramid or Isabella when I've been there.
Isabella:mad: way to windy, pyramid last time the patrol boat allways kept me in sight, waiting for me to get on it, so he could get on me with a nice ticket. F*ck those places, water sucks,dirty,35mph speed limit, that blows:yuk: , why not go to NEEDLES, 3hr. away no big deal, gone up many times for the day,wife drives up I drive back :D :D water that you can see in, so why go to HELL when you can go to HEAVEN. THATS WHAT IAM SAY:N.;) leave sat, 4:00am there by 7. out by 8, home by 11:30. Chill all day sun, ALL GOOD

J540
05-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
It's a v drive thing!
Due to the prop being under the boat and the 7 - 8 degree shaft angle the boat does not get the bow rise like it would if it had an (about to be broken) outdrive on the back. That along with the big fin and the big plates hooked directly to your left foot they handle very well.
eliminatedsprinter, I love Coles as much as the next guy but I would not say they are the BEST hull in the slop.
Raysoncrafts seem to RUEL the GN ranks and the schiada's and Hallet Vectors do pretty good in the ski races. I've never even seen a Cole even try to compete. lol, even though J540's could prolly keep up in the straights.
Schiada's work good in chop untill 100 mph and they chine in and spit you out, no thankx. hallet,and all those are good as well, just not as stable at the higher mph. cole has the pad on the bottom like a flat, at 117 this boat did'nt even move. as far as the turns.you guys that have been building these so called V Drives.........for the last 5 yr:D get them shit boxes done bring them out:o show your shit:rolleyes: and I will spank your ASS:p :D :D

wedge44
05-20-2004, 08:35 PM
That j540 is full S*it, I've seen him at pyramid...had to tow in once or twice... Pyramid ... Havasu...List is endless:o :p ;)

J540
05-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by wedge44
That j540 is full S*it, I've seen him at pyramid...had to tow in once or twice... Pyramid ... Havasu...List is endless:o :p ;)
thats right back in 93:D :D once DI*K:D ... call me d*ck

eliminatedsprinter
05-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
It's a v drive thing!
Of course other high quality boats can handle slop, but the one's that ride as soft seem to be slower and need more power and the one's that are as fast seem to ride harder. The Coles seem (to me) to best combine efficiency and ride in a recreational costom V hull in the 20-22ft size range. But that's just a subjective opinion nothing more.:cool: The main point of my comment is that Jim Cole seems to have a lot of pride in how well his boats deal with rougher conditions and rough water ride seems to be a very high priority to him.:)

RUSHIN ROULETTE
07-15-2004, 08:54 AM
I am happy with my Cole....I used to have a Hallet Vector also..loved that one too...By the way..J540..it looks like your motor is set farther back than mine?? How does it handle with all that H.P. Just curious, I am trying to find a way to put a back seat in mine. I do miss the roominess of the Hallet Vector..

Blown_Rob
07-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Im with you wedge he cant keep it together or it leaks oil everywhere lol ...

RiverDave
07-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Schiada's work good in chop untill 100 mph and they chine in and spit you out, no thankx. hallet,and all those are good as well, just not as stable at the higher mph. cole has the pad on the bottom like a flat, at 117 this boat did'nt even move. as far as the turns.you guys that have been building these so called V Drives.........for the last 5 yr:D get them shit boxes done bring them out:o show your shit:rolleyes: and I will spank your ASS:p :D :D
LMAO..> :D
RD

Bob Hostetter
07-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Try Silverwood, it stays pretty rough so the little boats stay out of the way, and if there is a speed limit they never enforce it. We regularly go up there during the week (Wednesdays) and run wide open all over the place all day and no one ever says a word...
Its pretty cool for "V" bottom v-drives... deep water, couple of nice coves, rough water (1-3 chop), and only one ranger who mostly spends the day hitting on the lifeguard at the swim beach by the marina. Haven't been up there on a weekend in years so not sure what its like.
We will be there this coming Wednesday drinking beer, eating chicken, and hauling ass all over the place

MAXIMUS
07-16-2004, 03:02 PM
How well does that rocket work against a large chubby jet???:confused: :)

J540
07-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
How well does that rocket work against a large chubby jet???:confused: :)
Large CHUBBY?:(
Hold on got to call the wife.......................Honey:D

MAXIMUS
07-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Yea I got a "large" "Chubby" that needs to be spanked!:eek: :D squirt boat that is...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)