05-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Taco Bell?????????????:D

phebus
05-16-2004, 11:34 AM
You can get one of those authentic mexican enchiritos. :eek:

Boatcop
05-16-2004, 02:26 PM
There used to be a number of good ones. Here's what happened:
Los Arcos- A Parker legend and must have for any River Trip. Run by Delores Esquerra. She suddenly passed away from a severe asthma attack, and it was taken over by son Manny (of off-road fame) and daughter Rae. They had a falling out and Manny left and opened his own (See below) Restaurant. Rae didn't know squat about the business and drove it into the ground, eventually selling it. (see further below)
Senor Manny's: Manny opened it up in the former Chicken Factory, probably taking most of Los Arcos' business with him. Successful for many years, tried to sell, but no buyers and eventually closed it down last year.
El Serape: Opened in a former Bar (The Corral) next to the Parker Circle K. When Los Arcos closed down, they moved into their spot, creating an almost seamless conversion of companies. Burned out in a Christmas Day 2003 fire that began in a Counrty type knick-knack shop next door. Moved into the old Chicken Factory/Senor Manny's building and was open for only a few weeks until a fire in the kitchen at about 2 AM burned them out for the second time. They are re-building and should be open again in a few weeks.
So now we are only left with:
Ruperto's - Kind of a fast-food type place with mostly take-out and a small seating area. Excellent food though and highly recommended. Open 24 hours for the midnight (or 3 AM) munchies, but no liquor license or beer served. The breakfast Burritos are the best I've ever had.
Taco Bell - I though we were talking about Mexican food? :rolleyes:
So there you have it. Probably more than you wanted to know, since the answer to the original question is:
Sorry. No! :frown:

Timer
05-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks, Alan. Great summary. I guess I'll have to hit that one soon to open, a little later in the year.

Essex29
05-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey don't forget the guys that sell the asada and pastor tacos next to the safeway....by far the best pastor I have ever had.

OutCole'd
05-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Wow. that sucks about El Sarape, that was a dinner place on every trip to Parker for us.:(

boatnam2
05-16-2004, 05:57 PM
man sure a lot of fires in old parker!

riverliver
05-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
man sure a lot of fires in old parker!
I think they have a fire bug running around out there..

Boatcop
05-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Not a fire bug, but old buildings.
The one at the country store was due to faulty Christmas lights. The one at the "new" El Sarape was due to faulty wiring.
You have to remember that some of these buildings out here are over 100 years old. The town of Parker really didn't start doing building inspections until about 15 years ago, and even then most of the electrical problems would have been covered up by dry-wall, plaster and other cosmetic "improvements". Before that, all you'd do was buy the building permit, and do what you wanted. Inspections were usually "drive-by", or done at the local watering hole. ;)
Many of these buildings had original wiring, which was installed way after they were built. In some cases, the main wiring consisted of bare wires just run along the rafters, installed before people really understood what electricity was all about. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Add a volunteer fire department to that, and the best that can be done is hope they get there in time to prevent damage to other structures.
Don't get me wrong, our Fire Department is competent, well equipped and I'd put their abilities and training up there with any major city's full time Department. But just getting to the station, and getting the personnel and equipment on scene is what costs the most in property damage.
Why would they have to start a fire when things just go up by themselves?

Rexone
05-16-2004, 07:53 PM
I remember the Chicken Factory well. Was pretty good I thought. (for Parker anyway, lol).

boatnam2
05-16-2004, 08:18 PM
not to hijack the thread but though i would give a little shout out to scotty from allstar lock and key and piazza pizza.had a garge door problem just when i was leaving a few weeks ago and had to close the door manually but it didnt want to stay down.gave him a call and he went out there asap and had it fixed before i hit the 10 anyone need a locksmith in parker give him a call.