PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever..............

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Mentioned all the friends you have online at Hot Boat Forum.............to people NOT on Hot Boat Forum and just get a blank stare?
Or tell people that you really enjoyed meeting people you had been talking to for awhile on Hot Boat Forum and just get that blank stare?
What is up with that?!!
:rolleyes:

GlastronGuy
05-16-2004, 05:05 PM
No, but I've been mellow.
;)
(No one will get that)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-16-2004, 05:07 PM
they don't recognize me.. they recognize the Mr from the signature I have .. proudly taken by my mrs sandbar junkie herself.. ;)

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 05:07 PM
It's weird, they just stare at you, while you try to explain........odd.....:rolleyes:

Kachina26
05-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Chatting online=pasty white, mole type geek in people's minds. So when you tell them you met people here they just look at you weird.

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 05:09 PM
No, I explained myself badly......
when I meet my great friends from hot boat forum, it is cool, I feel like I know them even though we just met.
When I try to convey this to people that DO NOT POST on hot boat forum they look at me like I am insane!
do you all every get that?;)

dicudmore
05-16-2004, 05:12 PM
i generally don't talk to people about the forums.....they don't get it.
aside from that, if they're not boaters then generally I don't need to talk w/them at all....

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Thats good advice.........they probably just don't get it......good point......:)

Mrs. Restless22
05-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Thats funny Ive had that same feeling. I cant place why they dont understand, but that wierd stare seems to happen everytime I mention it!
Whats the difference from meeting new people anywhere? I dont know but in their minds, they think its different.
Oh well.....I like the people Ive met here, so its all good :D

Kilrtoy
05-16-2004, 06:35 PM
they don't recognize me
I do, but only from behind

phebus
05-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Mentioned all the friends you have online at Hot Boat Forum.............to people NOT on Hot Boat Forum and just get a blank stare?
Or tell people that you really enjoyed meeting people you had been talking to for awhile on Hot Boat Forum and just get that blank stare?
What is up with that?!!
:rolleyes:
Yea, my wife, but I thint OP6 will bring her around :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 06:37 PM
yeah, I probably won't mention this to "non-hot boat forum" people anymore.
They just look at you..........and don't get it.
I love talking to people here, and then meeting them is cool, because it is like you know them already.
but good advice, I will just keep it to myself!:D

Cas
05-16-2004, 06:44 PM
you should have seen some of the blank stares when I told people I met my wife online :D
In many ways, I think we get to know one another better just because we can hide behind a screen and not be conscience of one thing or another................'scuse me, I need to scratch my ass :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I think the internet is the great equalizer, until you talk to people and get to know them, you dont' know their color, their sex (well except here) their social status, their political status.....
Here you just know what kind of boat they have, if they are male or female and how much time they have on their hands........LOL:D

Sleek-Jet
05-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Yep, especially when you start dropping screen names. :D
They nicknamed me the internet stalker at my last job because of this place. :D

ahhell
05-16-2004, 06:52 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-
Gosh no!!!!!
even my wife does that....but better since yesterday, and yes debbo im trying to get her to join in...still, she likes to lurk a little

Mrs. Restless22
05-16-2004, 06:55 PM
We all started as lurkers! :D

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 07:00 PM
LURK NO MORE!!!!
JOIN US!!!!
I know you type faster than Ahhell!!
Come ON!!!
(don't make me start a thread!(;)

ROZ
05-16-2004, 09:26 PM