PDA

View Full Version : is a place diverter worth it?

sleekvino
05-16-2004, 06:53 PM
well boys my wife is given me the green light to get it but is it worth the 600 bucks to buy the thing and do they send you all the hardware to hook it up.what kind of performance did you see. i have a 72 sleekcraft rebel with a 455 it does 63 on gps at 4900 rpm berkley jet "jc with a impeller".please let me know thanks.

77charger
05-16-2004, 06:57 PM
worth it IMO plus you get the cool factor of throwing a roost

moneysucker
05-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Tell her that you have to buy the droop also or it won't work. It is worth a shot.

victorfb
05-17-2004, 12:18 AM
dont take it the wrong way, but the JC pump wont take a droop unless you do the entire change over. as to the question - id say get the diverter. you will definatly like the ride better once you learn were the hull likes the diverter set. and most likely gain some MPH. and of course the cool factor of throwing that roost. trust me, youll be looking back more than forward for the first few times out.
and yes. place sends you all you need to do the install. i for one prefer the hydrolic version, but thats up to you.

wsuwrhr
05-17-2004, 04:04 AM
I'd say it is worth every penny. Spring for the hydraulic set-up also. Ditch the plastic hose and run braided line. You will wonder how you ever got along without it.
Brian

ChetCapoli
05-17-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by victorfb
place sends you all you need to do the install. i for one prefer the hydrolic version, but thats up to you.
I would look into the aggressor diverter, it comes with all the options place has as standard equipment and is cheaper to boot! I'll agree the hydraulic is the way to go, epspecially for a couple buck more. You know how i count my pennies! :D
CHET

Duane HTP
05-17-2004, 06:36 AM
Chet, That was a decent informative post. Thank You!
Duane HTP

Jet Hydro
05-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
I would look into the aggressor diverter, it comes with all the options place has as standard equipment and is cheaper to boot! I'll agree the hydraulic is the way to go, epspecially for a couple buck more. You know how i count my pennies! :D
CHET
I give that post --->http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif