PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Launch Ramps.

sandblasted
05-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, in their infinite wisdom Kern County has decided to repave the main launch ramp at Buena Vista......The ranger told me it will probably be closed for a couple more weeks until it is completed....
sure made the secondary launch ramp a mess today...There was a long line getting on the lake and a long line getting off....
Still had fun on the water but I sure I hated waiting in line for a half hour!!

Blown_Rob
05-16-2004, 07:55 PM
BV is a nasty mud hole!!

thom
05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
rob
were you at castaic today. i thought i saw you pulling in as we were leaving. maybe next time well meet up

sandblasted
05-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Blown_Rob
BV is a nasty mud hole!!
Water level is down too...Instead of it only being 8 feet deep it down to about 6!:D

dicudmore
05-16-2004, 09:01 PM
which ramp did they have closed? campground or by the gas dock? Was there 2 weeks ago, both open and in good shape.
Busiest I had seen the parking lot up there in YEARS. They had the ramp by the gas dock torn out at the end of last year and re-paved the area right in front of it.....
WTF?
BV cruiser....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385hallett-med.jpg

JetBoatRich
05-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Greg, maybe you should have tried Isabella:D
The had the main ramp tore up earlier in teh year as well at B.V., that is what Winter is for, wonder why they wait for prime time use of teh lake to do these things:confused:

sandblasted
05-17-2004, 04:53 AM
The ramp by the gas dock and day use area is still being paved....I have some patience but waiting a half hour to get off Buena Vista is not much fun....

Rev. Williams
05-17-2004, 07:19 AM
BV is a nasty mud hole!!
Blah Blah Blah..... :D :D :D
Sometimes the best place to get dirty is in a mud hole ( o ) :D

Blown_Rob
05-17-2004, 08:24 PM
No jerry it sucks hard core ...and yes thom it was me !!! to bad you left i brought 5 chics out it was a blast :) see ya

JetBoatRich
05-18-2004, 03:22 AM
No jerry it sucks hard core ...and yes thom it was me !!! to bad you left i brought 5 chics out it was a blast :) see ya
I still like it better than Castaic :mad:

eliminatedsprinter
05-18-2004, 09:11 AM
I agree with both of you. Yes it's a mud hole and yes it beats Castiac. B.V. is much better run and maintained, even if they are repaving the main launch ramp, that they just made "brand new" this winter.

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 10:20 AM
y would they be repaving a new ramp???
well it is kern county

sandblasted
05-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
I agree with both of you. Yes it's a mud hole and yes it beats Castiac. B.V. is much better run and maintained, even if they are repaving the main launch ramp, that they just made "brand new" this winter.
The ranger at the front gate told me they were repaving the ramp, maybe he meant the parking lot..either way it was closed so with only 1 ramp open it was a bit of a wait to launch and retrieve your boat...