PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

spectratoad
05-17-2004, 10:51 AM
As much as I hate for the Government to be involved anywhere in my life do you think it is time for Gas to be considered a vital commodity with prices regulated by the government?

phebus
05-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes, every time we see a gas shortage, we see record profits for the oil companies. I call bullshit. :mad:

mickeyfinn
05-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Not regulated but maybe the wealth should be forcibly spread around. Too few companies. Maybe it is time to break shell, exxon and others up into some smaller pieces so that they will have to compete with each other.

Scream
05-17-2004, 12:52 PM
I realize that prices suck big weenies right now, but I'm not in favor of any regulation, there's just way too much of that as it is.

Essex502
05-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by mickeyfinn
Not regulated but maybe the wealth should be forcibly spread around. Too few companies. Maybe it is time to break shell, exxon and others up into some smaller pieces so that they will have to compete with each other.
That's what happened to Standard Oil back in the early back of the last century.
See this on the history of the Oil Companies (http://www.virginia.edu/igpr/apagoilhistory.html)

Dave C
05-17-2004, 01:39 PM
REgulation no, but the FTC has the power to block any more mergers which they should. There is not enough competition in the market.

sorry dog
05-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Gas here not so bad. About 40 cents a liter.

Moe_Havi
05-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Don't get me going! Those pricks are hosing us as sure as shi#. Those asholes suck.
Moe

Rvr2Bch
05-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Anything to stop me from having to pay $2.37/gallon like I did yesterday. This is getting out of control...
-Rvr2Bch

riverbound
05-18-2004, 10:25 AM
I normally dont agree with more Govt. regulation but paying $2.50 a gallon for diesel is rediculous:mad: I am getting tired of getting bent over @ the pump. Something needs to be done.

spectratoad
05-18-2004, 10:36 AM
I agree with the idea that the FTC needs to step in for mergers and that these big monopolies should be broken (shell, exxon, mobil) but we no longer have the big oil Texans any more. As I heard on Rush the "Big Oil" is now OPEC.
We should open our holes up again, not allow the Shell's and Exxon's a part of it and hang any environmental freaks that protest it in front of the burnoff flame.
We need to get back into the game of getting our own oil or just do what the liberals are always whining about with the war in Iraq being about oil. Let's just go take it.:D