PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Help?

Shallow Minded
05-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Wrapping up the rebuild on my blown BBC and ran into a little snag when mounting the alternator. The shell of the unit actually bumps the underside of my new Revolution Marine exhaust manifold and I'm about 1/2 inch away from aligning the pivot bolt. Has anyone ever ran into a similar problem? I'm using the Power Steering bracket they provided, etc.
Two options: First, buy a smaller-sized 80 to 100 amp alternator or does somebody make a bracket so this will clear? I don't want to shim the bracket out, my pulley's are already way out there.
Any help (bracket or alternator ideas) would be appreciated.
SM

1BIGJIM
05-17-2004, 12:09 PM
I ran into the same problem with my IMCO power flow exhaust. They make a bracket that moved the power steering up and the
alternator down and away from the manifold. I think it was around $80. I was going to fab my own until I found this.
JIM

Shallow Minded
05-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm using the bracket that Revolution Marine provided and still having this problem. It moved my power steering up, but I don't believe it changed my alternator's position...
SM

1BIGJIM
05-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I just looked. I bought mine from Flatlander Racing. It's a one piece bracket. It uses 3 bolts to attachet it to the head. It moved it several inches. If it's not what you are looking for send it back. I bet it would work. I would send you a picture of the bracket but the heads are off my boat now.
Power Steering Pump and Alternator Relocation Bracket
Designed for Bravo applications to allow for clearance of Powerflow plus Manifolds. The bracket allows for the use of all stock blest and power steering hoses. Its black coated heavy duty steel construction assures trouble free operation. Can also be used for any BB Chevy application.
PART # DESCRIPTION PRICE
PFB-90 Power Steering Pump/Alternator Bracket $109