PDA

View Full Version : Gas price website

HighRoller
05-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Found out about this and it's very helpful. Oil companies price their gas based on the locales of their competitors, so if you're near a station that doesn't have an independant station nearby, you're paying a higher price. Check it out and you'll be amazed at the prices you can find. www.gasbuddy.com
Finds the lowest gas prices in your area.

LaveyJet
05-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Being a California Boy, I was surprised that there are no Self Serve Gas stations in Oregon

AdrenelineOD
05-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Most LA ones are neer me. Am I in the getto??

rvrpig
05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by LaveyJet
Being a California Boy, I was surprised that there are no Self Serve Gas stations in Oregon
From what I understand Oregon is a right to work state and self serve is illegal.

Havasu Cig
05-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Found out about this and it's very helpful. Oil companies price their gas based on the locales of their competitors, so if you're near a station that doesn't have an independant station nearby, you're paying a higher price. Check it out and you'll be amazed at the prices you can find. www.gasbuddy.com
Finds the lowest gas prices in your area.
This is not true. I am closing escrow on two stations at the end of the month, and the price you pay at the pumps depends on how much the dealer is paying for the gas and how much margin the dealer wants to make.
Depending on the location of the station you might be paying a higher price depending on the margins the dealer is making at that particular station. This does not effect how much the dealer is paying for the fuel from the parent company though.
Location is only one thing that effects the margins the dealer makes on the fuel they sell.

Jordy
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
$1.52 per gallon for diesel in Oklahoma... That's almost enough to move there... almost. :D

FRENCHIE
05-17-2004, 05:24 PM
im gonna start ridding my bike for sales calls!;) :D