PDA

View Full Version : London bridge timeshare

WHIPPED502
04-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Is anyone on this site an original owner at the London Bridge and have their original contract. I own there but bought a resale and don"t have an original contract. I called to make reservations on my bonus time for three days and was told they have rooms available, but new rules only allow two day rentals. I was also told that there may be a limit on total number of days in a quarter/year. I couldn't get it confirmed. I was told the board made these changes in October along with only owners being able to rent and rental fee increase. Non of these changes was brought up at the owners meeting. Two people from the resort told me the talk is that they want more rooms available for people coming off the street because there is more money to made from them.
When I went through the timeshare sales pitch one of the sales points was the unlimited bonus time. This is why I bought a resort close to home and I trade my week to travel elsewhere.
I was told that the CCR's don't say anything about bonus time and that it is a privelage that the resort gives to owners and that if they wish, it does not have to be given. I would like to know from people that have a contact at London Bridge Resort what it says about bonus time.
Thanks John

Marty Gras
04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
You need to get out while you can. We owned a 2 bed room 'deal' and could NEVER get any 'bonus time'. We tried for 3 years and then just gave up our spot. The managment has an "ever changing calandar" and YOU will never get on it! We told our 'sales person' EXACTLY what we wanted to do with the timeshare, prior to purchase. and she said "bonus time is NO PROBLEM" BS! BS! BS! We purchased the condo for our boat customers, we intended to deliver our new boats at the docks of the resort and let our customers have a two day 'free vacation' on us. We NEVER GOT TO USE IT!!! We sold boats, but the condo was always 'busy'. Tom Flatly and his 'organization' are not to be trusted! GET OUT OF THERE!!!

2Driver
04-03-2006, 07:40 AM
I have the original contract from 1999 under my Aunt and Uncles name. I have Power of Attorney and have been trying to sell it for her (now widow) for 2 years. It sat in condo trader for $3,500 for 18 months. She paid $11K andbasically it's worthless. Maybe $1,500 if you are lucky. Many people just give the POS to charity. I used the week last year and have to say the place is nothing to brag about and was not happy with the boat parking and security.
Yes the rules have changed big time. No more bonus time for friends, 2-day stay max using bonus time (in a row) for owners and must be made 21 days in advance. It got that owners could not book their week as everyone was using the $50-$75/ night bonus time. Others were renting one of the big weekends out for $600 then just using bonus time to stay on their own time. Abuse-that's why they changed the rules so I was told. You should have tried to go to the owners weekend meeting in November.
I can check the contract for you. I am not sure the contract called for unlimited bonus time forever. It didn't say the bonus time rules couldn’t be changed. I'll see if I have the contact in my file or at my aunts home. The bonus time was the appealing part of the whole deal IMO.
Meantime here is a good place to dump it if you want to sell but you can figure 10 cents on the dollar.: http://www.myresortnetwork.com/ If you want bonus time just buy another condo you can get them for $1,500 on the above site. That is cheaper than the bonus time and you can play the additional from the new condo off of your existing condo. :idea:

duffster
04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
We own a 1-bedroom that I paid $1500 for and I hate timeshares. The only reason I got in to it was the $50 per night anytime bonus time and the cheap boat slips. But when we started booking time for this year they started telling us over the phone about the new rules. You would think their would be more communication to the owners or mailer sent out. And hey I could see limiting or not being able get rooms for your friends but what about the owners.
Also when we went to the LA boat show this year we made sure to go by there booth and give them some crap about the subject. Of course they sent out one of their biggest retard out to the show the guy just played big and dumb” I know nothing” .
Long story short I can’t wait until next weekend when we stay there’s I can always count on something that piss’s me off between parking lot rent a cop giving us crap or the boat slip availability when I need it . Their’s nothing like throwing a big SH*T fit in the lobby when they are trying to check in customers.

INSman
04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Maybe everyone should "BAN" that fockin' place to and run them out of business and have someone with half a brain come in to buy it and run it properly !!! Easier said than done I realize :220v:

2Driver
04-03-2006, 06:39 PM
The contract is back at my aunts nHome. If i get there in the next few weeks I'll pull it and read it for you.
I watched that place being built by Mike Harrah. It was fun back then. POS now for sure. The best deal I found is renting homes and condo's from board memebers. PM me if I can help in anyway. Sorry I did nt have the contract at home.

WHIPPED502
04-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I have a house in Havasu and we bought the timeshare to use when our house was being rented out or if we had alot of people staying at our place we would have another place to stay.I liked being able to leave my boat in a slip. It worked out good for us because we usually go midweek. What I didn't like is that timeshare owners pay maintenance fee's to help pay for repairs for all the damage people coming off the street do. It seemed everytime We rented something was broken. I need to dig out my copy of The CCR's to see what they say.

duffster
04-04-2006, 05:42 AM
I have a house in Havasu and we bought the timeshare to use when our house was being rented out or if we had alot of people staying at our place we would have another place to stay.I liked being able to leave my boat in a slip. It worked out good for us because we usually go midweek. What I didn't like is that timeshare owners pay maintenance fee's to help pay for repairs for all the damage people coming off the street do. It seemed everytime We rented something was broken. I need to dig out my copy of The CCR's to see what they say.
Having the boat in a slip is key. But the fricken ducks are always craping all over the back of my swim step at LB.