PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a blower for a BBC for sale?

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 09:12 AM
I have dual 4150 DPs to sit up top.....
Let me know.
Justin

HBjet
08-28-2002, 09:27 AM
78Eliminator:
Let me know.
JustinWhy do you want a blower now? So you can wrench some more in boat launch parking lots?

Hotcrusader76
08-28-2002, 09:39 AM
HBjet:
78Eliminator:
Let me know.
JustinWhy do you want a blower now? So you can wrench some more in boat launch parking lots?I don't see anything wrong with working on a boat 24/7 while everyone else is at the party...its called dedication...and Justin has it....but!!! like beer....only in moderation.
Ok...Justin.
The votes are out....NOS???? BLOWER???? What's next??? TWIN TURBO......???? Dare to be different!
LOL
:D

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 09:40 AM
HBjet:
78Eliminator:
Let me know.
JustinWhy do you want a blower now? So you can wrench some more in boat launch parking lots?In short, yes. I am so messed up in the head from my basket case boat, that I wonder if I will even be happy when it is reliable and a turn key boat. I see the reliability in the horizon (I put the new floats on tonight). Just want to be a little faster, just like everyone else....
HB, where are you going this weekend?

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Ty, why do I have the feeling that you've had a shit load of coffee this morning :D

Hotcrusader76
08-28-2002, 09:45 AM
78Eliminator:
Ty, why do I have the feeling that you've had a shit load of coffee this morning :D I am pissing the shit....I am soo wired!
The base decided today to do construction at the main gate at 545...it took me 45 minutes to get through the main gate, when its only 2 miles from the building...WTF...so I am taking it out on the bad coffee at the snack bar

Hustler
08-28-2002, 09:46 AM
Justin Justin Justin... you need help my friend, really you do :rolleyes: Before you slap a blower on that thing you should enjoy it for at least a day :p besides are you ready to buy new pistons?

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 10:00 AM
Hustler:
Before you slap a blower on that thing you should enjoy it for at least a dayOk.

Jordy
08-28-2002, 10:05 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to rain on your parade. Looking at the way the previous owner set it up, I would be a little hesitant to slap a blower up top until I knew a little more about the internals, like pistons, rods, bearing condition, valve seat condtion and on and on and on. If it was me I would just run it until it blows up and look at options then. It wouldn't be pretty to shoot a piston through the bottom of your boat in the middle of the lake.
Jordy :D

Hotcrusader76
08-28-2002, 10:18 AM
78Eliminator:
Hustler:
Before you slap a blower on that thing you should enjoy it for at least a dayOk.Justin to be very honest here.... Once you feel the power that boat is going to produce once your dialed in, you won't want anything more.
Just riding with you 3 weeks ago at 5000RPM running like a pig.....that was scary....now when its purring like a kitten...Shit! Why switch it up...
Hang in there bro....we'll got your back!

cyclone
09-20-2002, 01:42 PM
oh go ahead, put the blower on. if a piston goes throught he bottom of the boat, you dont have to worry. Elsinore aint that deep! lol.

MikeF
09-20-2002, 02:10 PM
cyclone:
oh go ahead, put the blower on. if a piston goes throught he bottom of the boat, you dont have to worry. Elsinore aint that deep! lol.I got a fishfinder so we can locate it w/ sonar.
I ain't divin in though, I'll jus show you where it's at! :D

MikeF
09-20-2002, 02:13 PM
Hustler:
Justin Justin Justin... you need help my friend, really you do :rolleyes: Before you slap a blower on that thing you should enjoy it for at least a day :p besides are you ready to buy new pistons?I believe it's called Ritalyn :p

78Eliminator
09-20-2002, 02:15 PM
MikeF:
Hustler:
Justin Justin Justin... you need help my friend, really you do :rolleyes: Before you slap a blower on that thing you should enjoy it for at least a day :p besides are you ready to buy new pistons?I believe it's called Ritalyn :p I decided on nitrous. I am getting a kit next week. A blower would be an entirely different engine designed for a blower. Peace.

Hotcrusader76
09-20-2002, 02:29 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/party/yelclap.gif
Its about time J! Just don't try and slap a blower on at the last minute...
So how much shot are you going to squeeze? Foggers or plate?

78Eliminator
09-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Hotcrusader76:
So how much shot are you going to squeeze? Foggers or plate?Plates. Starting around 100 then will work up doing plug readings till I hit 300.

Hotcrusader76
09-20-2002, 02:45 PM
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
So how much shot are you going to squeeze? Foggers or plate?Plates. Starting around 100 then will work up doing plug readings till I hit 300.300!!! Holy shit J! Hahaa...is that 300 foot underwater? You think the motor will hold up? You might need seat-belts and parachute with that sled, or should I say kite, you drive...
So do I still get my "Dog and Pony" ride....

78Eliminator
09-20-2002, 02:51 PM
Hotcrusader76:
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
So how much shot are you going to squeeze? Foggers or plate?Plates. Starting around 100 then will work up doing plug readings till I hit 300.300!!! Holy shit J! Hahaa...is that 300 foot underwater? You think the motor will hold up? You might need seat-belts and parachute with that sled, or should I say kite, you drive...
So do I still get my "Dog and Pony" ride....You're joking, right? 300 HP jets don't really give you 300 HP. If you have a decent setup and you're not detonating, N2O is perfectly safe. Just need to take it in baby steps.

Hotcrusader76
09-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Justin....I was refering to a 300 shot, not 300HP. (if they even go that high with a plate system :confused: ) Why such the hard critcism here? Geeze bro... :cool:
I just wanted to see if you felt that motor could handle that much shot, that's all. Hope it works out...
[ September 20, 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

78Eliminator
09-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Hotcrusader76:
Justin....I was refering to a 300 shot, not 300HP. (if they even go that high with a plate system :confused: ) Why such the hard critcism here? Geeze bro... :cool:
I just wanted to see if you felt that motor could handle that much shot, that's all. Hope it works out...Super Sesative Ty, no worries. I know I have a nice steel crank and 4 bolt mains. As long I don't rattle I should be fine, and if I do it's time to dump 20k on a blower motor.

Hotcrusader76
09-20-2002, 04:15 PM
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
I just wanted to see if you felt that motor could handle that much shot, that's all. Hope it works out...Super Sesative Ty, no worries. I know I have a nice steel crank and 4 bolt mains. As long I don't rattle I should be fine, and if I do it's time to dump 20k on a blower motor.20K.... eek! Might as well go with a Hilborn set-up and all....
[ September 20, 2002, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

flat broke
09-22-2002, 09:43 AM
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
I just wanted to see if you felt that motor could handle that much shot, that's all. Hope it works out...Super Sesative Ty, no worries. I know I have a nice steel crank and 4 bolt mains. As long I don't rattle I should be fine, and if I do it's time to dump 20k on a blower motor.Justin,
After hearing everything you've been through with your setup, I think Hustler hit it on the head with the fact that as of yet, you haven't had any trouble free boating. Get the thing dialed in first and enjoy it for a while. Nos can be used but the strength of your rods and mains is only a small part of the equation. Air/fuel delivery used to control combustion temps is the main aspect of tuning tuning with juice. With your current set of problems I don't think a Nos system is going to be a long term relationship.
Good luck,
Chris

HM
09-23-2002, 07:11 AM
Justin,
I don't think enough of us have beat up on you yet, so now is my turn! I know I gave you the "father" lecture on an e-mail, but now time for a public scolding! Just kidding!
We all want you to haul ass - you have the boat for it. We are just trying to help you avoid a lot of problems that many of us have gone thru and see you heading down the same path.
I think running trouble free should be a top priority before thinking that more HP will cure your problems.
Here is a picture of the results of the first time I bolted on my blower. (Although, my motor ran fine before - I did not do the proper upgrades to match the HP).
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/boatparts0013.JPG

disco_charger
09-23-2002, 07:15 AM
Justin, I've decided to be more helpful to everyone on this board. So here's how I'm going to help you...I'll give you $1500 for your "basket case" boat. No more stress, no more hassles. You can go finance a new boat. The builder swears it will not give you any problems! wink
Damn I ought to be some kind of saint or something
Disco
Let me know when I can drag that thing out of your life

78Eliminator
09-23-2002, 11:20 AM
HolyMoly:
Justin,
I don't think enough of us have beat up on you yet, so now is my turn!Frank, I hear you. As a matter of fact all I am currently doing is what you have said which is getting her running right and making the current setup optimum. Things like a water seperator, new wiring harness and stuff like that. As far as running, she is now a runner. Just want to milk it for what it's worth. Anyone have a gps I can borrow for a base line? Where is a cheap one that I can buy? Thaks for the advice. I will be a good boy, It's just that I want a triple digit boat.

gnarley
09-23-2002, 11:43 AM
OK Justin what were the results of your testing this weekend?

HM
09-23-2002, 01:42 PM
78Eliminator:
HolyMoly:
Justin,
I don't think enough of us have beat up on you yet, so now is my turn!Frank, I hear you. As a matter of fact all I am currently doing is what you have said which is getting her running right and making the current setup optimum. Things like a water seperator, new wiring harness and stuff like that. As far as running, she is now a runner. Just want to milk it for what it's worth. Anyone have a gps I can borrow for a base line? Where is a cheap one that I can buy? Thaks for the advice. I will be a good boy, It's just that I want a triple digit boat.You can get a basic hand held GPS at West Marine for under $200 - or you can borrow mine if you come to Elsinore. Just so you know - all GPS's have speed indicators. You can install a Nordskog or Gaffrig GPS speedo - they are like $350 and have both digital and analog readout.

78Eliminator
09-23-2002, 01:48 PM
gnarley:
OK Justin what were the results of your testing this weekend?I didn't get out. This Friday I will be out on the lake.....

RIVER WILD
09-23-2002, 02:24 PM
eek! I KNOW OF A BIG BLOCK BLOWER NEW PURCHASED FROM BOB LEACH COMPLETE WITH CARBS AND MANIFOLD VERY REASONABLE eek!
[ September 23, 2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: RIVER WILD ]

MikeF
09-23-2002, 04:26 PM
78Eliminator:
gnarley:
OK Justin what were the results of your testing this weekend?I didn't get out. This Friday I will be out on the lake.....Which lake is this on Fri?

78Eliminator
09-24-2002, 08:22 AM
MikeF:
78Eliminator:
gnarley:
OK Justin what were the results of your testing this weekend?I didn't get out. This Friday I will be out on the lake.....Which lake is this on Fri?Probably San Vicente. It's right next to my work. It's more of a "replace trailer bunks" run than a test run.
Justin

pleasantcat
09-24-2002, 08:45 AM
river wild, i just sent you a pvt message...

Eric455
09-28-2002, 06:35 PM
dude just go to frys electronics and get a hand held for $99 bucks. its a good one too.
eric

Eric455
09-28-2002, 06:36 PM
or if you want just call me up i'll come down to the lake with my gps. and go for some spins. (818)563-2008 ask for eric if not home. e-mail me araik2000@earthlink.net thanx
eric