PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Relocation Info

91nordic29
05-18-2004, 09:00 AM
phoenix area relocation info (http://www.azcentral.com/class/realestate.html)
:cool:

AZmike
05-18-2004, 11:13 AM
There are no homes for sale in AZ so stay in california!!!!:D

91nordic29
05-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AZmike
There are no homes for sale in AZ so stay in california!!!!:D
:D :D

RacerX
05-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Don't worry, I won't be moving to AZ unless it's to the Flagstaff area.....
I have to admit that I'm tired of the traffic and politics here in California but I go to PHX every year for the NASCAR race and things aren't much better there. Traffic is pretty bad (and I'm not talking at the race either). This is compunded by the fact that most of the feeways have less lanes than those in SoCal.
It gets hotter than H-E- double hockey sticks....
You have plenty of aliens running around yourselves.....
You have some serious gangster/ghetto action in PHX....
The PHX "sprawl" is just like LA.....there's no Mesa, Gilbert, Tempe or Scottsdale anymore...it's just one big urban morass:yuk:
**The above is all based on a San Diego area menatlity....
I Have 11 more years and then I'll be looking to move to an area like Tahoe, Flagstaff, Durango or the like....:D

carreraelite
05-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Your right!! It's miserable here!! Don't move here!! ;)

HAULNZ
05-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Arizona sucks. :yuk: Especially the West Side. ;) :)

RacerX
05-19-2004, 08:52 AM
All I know is that is seems that EVERYBODY from the state of Arizona comes in and takes over the San Diego beaches during the Summer.
The amazing thing is they spend RIDICULOUS amounts of money on the house/condo rentals. We have (2) sets of friends that rent the same houses every year and spend up to $4K per week for a 3 bedroom....and one of them comes for (3) weeks!!!

AZmike
05-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Racer,
Your right I don't know why but it seems like everyone in az wants to go to S.D.
I think there crazy:D

RacerX
05-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by AZmike
Racer,
Your right I don't know why but it seems like everyone in az wants to go to S.D.
I think there crazy:D
I think it the "Grass is always greener" theory....people want a little of what they don't/can't have....
I grew up in Orange County and have lived in San Diego County (6 miles from the beach) for 18 years and still LOVE the river and lakes of Arizona (Mojave, Havasu...Powell) 10 times more than the beach. As close as I live to the beach, I spend more time at Mojave than I do here on the beach:confused:
It's probably the same for the AZ crowd....they want the salt water, WAVES, sunsets on the horizon and maybe 80 degree temps instead of 110 degrees back home:cool:

AZmike
05-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Racer,
I from OC also and can count the number of times I've been to the beach, but I could never put a number on the times I've been to Havasu and Willow Valley. When your in the desert you want water, when you live near the water you don't want to be anywhere near it.
The funny thing is the girlfriend wants to go to Catalina this saturday and I never been there yet.

cruser
05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Go to Az. All it ever does up here in Oregon is RAIN. We get our 2.5 months of summer a year and I think we already got half of it this year. It takes >200 days to get 37 inches of rain. Az gets >300 days of sun. Go to AZ.
cruzer

Some Kind Of Monster
05-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah, If you like 160 degrees in the sun.. This is the place for you..