PDA

View Full Version : Topock, AZ

Boozer
05-18-2004, 07:18 PM
It's not ever really mentioned on the board but I have stopped in at the bar right off the river and it seems like an okay place. The locals are always friendly and the bar off the water has reasonable drink prices. At least the time I was there anyhow.
I spoke to a friend today that I hadn't heard from in a coupl years. Since our last conversation she had sold her home in Alta Loma and bought a little place on a few acres in Topock. She really loves it there and seems to be very happy especially since she paid cash for her place and its tripled in value. She also said it's a great place to buy property if you want to be close to the water and not spend an arm and a leg.
I looked online and found that I can buy a 1/2 acre lot near the water thats ready to go for plumbing and electric for $7,000.00 At that price it is something I am really considering. I could get a used modular dropped on the land and have a nice vacation spot for less then 40K.
Anyone know much about this place and if it is somewhere that is worth investing in?

Boozer
05-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
where at on line?
Century21.com

Mandelon
05-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Boozer is that in Golden Shores? :confused:

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm looking there myself, I haven't seen much in that price range. I might have to swoop in on your find:D Nice small town, 30 minutes from havasu on land.

Boozer
05-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I'm looking there myself, I haven't seen much in that price range. I might have to swoop in on your find:D Nice small town, 30 minutes from havasu on land.
On land. In your boat like 20 minutes on water. 8 minutes to the ramp. I am really considering going for it. At that price it just seems like you can not go wrong.

FRENCHIE
05-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Maybee we can get hatfield to move out there!?;) :D

bordsmnj
05-18-2004, 07:41 PM
there are two or three realtors in town there. if you stop in and get a listing( i did like three months ago) you'll fing plenty in that price range. now,dammit, don't everybody go moving there all at once before we get our place out there!see y'all out there this weekend.

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
there are two or three realtors in town there. if you stop in and get a listing( i did like three months ago) you'll fing plenty in that price range. now,dammit, don't everybody go moving there all at once before we get our place out there!see y'all out there this weekend.
Have you looked recently? I've been out there the last several weeks, Golden Shores and for 12k you get a no view lot with a stinking gulley running through the middle. I've talked to a few realtors there and they said they went from having 3 pages of listings to only 1/3 of a page. As soon as I sell my Havasu lot we're buying and building :D Anyone want a gorgeous view lot in havasu?????

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
Maybee we can get hatfield to move out there!?;) :D
Don't think I haven't asked him:D With outta control workers comp I'm sure it's tempting. Not like it's a manufacturing business where you can just move the machines and go. I have had some good offers out there at a dealer though. For some reason Gm certified/ ASE master techs are hard to come by, or so they tell me.

bordsmnj
05-18-2004, 07:52 PM
not recently. dec. to march we were out there evryweek end dirt bike/quad riding and i think every lot and every third house was for sale. i wonder if the markets kinda seasonal out there?

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 07:54 PM
I've got my uncles out there scoping things out for me too. There was a cool view lot for 20k, but without selling my other lot it doesn't mean much:(

bordsmnj
05-18-2004, 08:08 PM
have you heard about the gated communities that are going to be built in golden shores?i don't know what the starting prices are yet but i think that area could get pricy real fast in the next two years.:eek:

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
have you heard about the gated communities that are going to be built in golden shores?i don't know what the starting prices are yet but i think that area could get pricy real fast in the next two years.:eek:
If you are talking about the estates? There aren't any gates. One of my uncles is building a really nice place up there, all lots are 1 acre. Or are you talking about something different?

Scream
05-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok, Golden Showers,,,I mean Gold Shores...
Oops, sorry bout that
Can you access the river from there or is it just part of the refuge? On some maps it looks like there's a good bit o water there, but on others it looks like a marsh.
Help a brutha out will ya.

Kachina26
05-18-2004, 09:34 PM
7 minute drive to the marina, couple less to access the marsh. Best of both worlds, good fishing and duck hunting. Larger boats might have to go to Moabi to launch.

WUTWZAT
05-18-2004, 09:39 PM
It sounds like Golden Shores to me. That is as close as you can get to Topock with any kind of property or development that I can think of.

Mandelon
05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Its got a gas station and a mini mart too. Its the last really affordable area I do believe.....
Maybe a half hour drive up to BHC, Half hour drive down to Havasu. Too bad its not on the water, but then it wouldn't be affordable would it?????:p

Topock Junkie
05-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Ok. Guys. I bought a place out there last December. It's a kick ass community, and totally laid back. I got a great deal. I have three lots and a view of the marsh from my livingroom. If you want a house out here you better jump because this place is going to pop.

bigq
05-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Topock Junkie
better jump because this place is going to pop.
Went out with a girl like that once.:D
Can you build whatever you want to or are they all manufacture homes?

shueman
05-19-2004, 04:38 AM
I've been looking at Golden Shores as well. I'm out there on the 12th.
You can find MLS listings at GaryHarlow.com
http://www.garyharlow.com/mls_frame.html
Also read about a new development north of Havasu Landing. 320 MFG homes & community. $130k-$170k.

Kachina26
05-19-2004, 05:29 AM
GS is a filthy rat infested, crack head town!! Warning DO NOT MOVE THERE!!!!! Don't even drive through it.

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 06:42 AM
So, they are just selling lots there now?
For like $7000?

Ultracrazy
05-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Yep.....Kachina is right......it sucks in Topock/GS......DONT GO!!!
My parents have lived there since 86..........love it. We just bought two lots with a mobil. Looking at buliding a garage on the second lot. Laid back.....no hassels.
UC

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Can you buy a lot, and then buy a mobil home to put in there?

Ultracrazy
05-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Yes you can Debbolas

fourspeednup
05-19-2004, 11:08 AM
How's the tweaker population out in the golden showers area? Y'all have great things to say and that's cool but I've had some strange encounters with a few locals. Hopefully those were just isolated incidents:cool:

Boozer
05-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
How's the tweaker population out in the golden showers area? Y'all have great things to say and that's cool but I've had some strange encounters with a few locals. Hopefully those were just isolated incidents:cool:
I was told there is a good amount of tweakers out there. Even so, prices are going to get high and get high fast that will run all the tweakers out of there.

Kachina26
05-19-2004, 12:30 PM
They are out there as well as some other area not too far away. There have also been a few arsons mostly on one house and the one next to it. If I didn't have relatives there I would be a little worried, but not too much.

chub
05-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Tweeker and white trash is all that's in Golden Shores. No cheap lots to be had anymore. About a month ago three guys bought up everything they could. Boozer.....Thanks for startin this thread....Now shut the hell up and leave us alone in GS!!!!!!! :p :p :p

fourspeednup
05-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by chub
Tweeker and white trash is all that's in Golden Shores. No cheap lots to be had anymore. About a month ago three guys bought up everything they could. Boozer.....Thanks for startin this thread....Now shut the hell up and leave us alone in GS!!!!!!! :p :p :p :D :D :D

bohica
05-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Tweeker and white trash is all that's in Golden Shores. :p :p :p
You forgot about the one hot asian with big tits.
:D

stoker
05-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bohica
You forgot about the one hot asian with big tits.
:D
Yea, what he said ;)

100+Placecraft
05-19-2004, 06:02 PM
You guys got it right about the tweakers!! I wouldnt buy there if you have a choice to buy somewhere else!
There are alot of cops busting people like crazy for even spitting on the ground. And the Off-Roading sucks!!! Not a trail to be found. That 7 minute drive to Launch is really a bummer too, it almost takes as long as it does to launch in Havasu! I have three lots there and I hate it............ STAY AWAY!!!!!!!! I hate it so much there that I have to go almost every weekend just to make sure it really does suck!
And whats this about a HOT ASIAN??????
Hey Ultracrazy, you gonna come by and pick up those Topock stickers, there still sittin at the house.

Topock Junkie
05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
I agree 100% with 100+Placecraft. I Think it sucks too. The only reason I go out there every weekend is because the drugs are cheaper... Can't you tell by my name...

Ultracrazy
05-20-2004, 06:36 AM
100+
I'll be there this weekend.........how do I contact you?? I have a 21 Ultra Stealth.........green and purple. I'll be on the water Sat, Sun and Mon.
UC

chub
05-20-2004, 06:48 AM
STAY AWAY from Golden Shores!!!!! Oh yea, 100+ can I get a sticker to? Who's gonna be in town for Memorial? Let's get together for some cold silvers. I'm on Kayente.

stoker
05-20-2004, 06:56 AM
STAY AWAY from Golden Shores!!!!! Oh yea, 100+ can I get a sticker to? Who's gonna be in town for Memorial? Let's get together for some cold silvers. I'm on Kayente.
Sounds like the Riff Raff are planning a little get together. Will the hot asian chick with the big hooties be there? If so I am in. ;)

chub
05-20-2004, 07:04 AM
STOKER, You are the riff raff. You think for a second your not in. By the way, does STOKER still apply?

stoker
05-20-2004, 07:12 AM
STOKER, You are the riff raff. You think for a second your not in. By the way, does STOKER still apply?
I am the KING of Riff Raff! No, Stoker does not still apply, your check finally cleared. ;) I need a new screen name, how about O.C. Scorcerer?

bohica
05-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by stoker
I am the KING of Riff Raff! No, Stoker does not still apply, your check finally cleared. ;) I need a new screen name, how about O.C. Scorcerer?
Uh that would be Sorcerer. Scorcerer wouldn't work, because youv'e got no game and can't score.:p

stoker
05-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Uh that would be Sorcerer. Scorcerer wouldn't work, because youv'e got no game and can't score.:p
Can't score or spell. Speaking of hot asian chicks....hows Susi?

bohica
05-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by stoker
Speaking of hot asian chicks....hows Susi?
She's missing the big (.)(.):idea2:

stoker
05-20-2004, 02:20 PM
She's missing the big (.)(.):idea2:
You should have gotten her big (.)(.)'s for mothers day instead of a golf cart :D

100+Placecraft
05-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Ultra.....Chub........ Wont be there this weekend but should be there Memorial. I wasnt going to go on that weekend but I just have to get out there and make sure I hate the place still. I'm not sure if I'm going to take the boat out or not but I might might drive the Baja down to the water in Moabi's channel so the kids can at least play. But it will also be pretty hard to just let the boat sit there in garage all by itself.
I can never keep track of where all the streets are to drop off stickers so your gonna have to drop my my place. I'm one street west (Cerro Colorado) of Route 66 catty corner from the church, White and green place. If theres a black F-150 in the yard, I'm there. Just give a honk if I'm not under the misters.
I sure hope our little town isnt going to blow up like it looks like its going too, I kinda like the freedom and dust. Thats why I'm not in Havazoo!

100+Placecraft
05-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Sooo. Who all has a place in GS? I know Topockjunkie, and Ultra, and it sounds like Chub..... Who else???

chub
05-21-2004, 06:42 AM
Don't really want to fight the boat crowd that weekend either. Like you say kinda hard to just look at the boat. I hope our town doesn't blow up either. That's why I sold my lot ih Havazoo. I'll try and find ya Saturday afternoon. Were not going till Sat. morning. I'm on Kayente a blue and orange place. Boat sits under the boat port.:D