PDA

View Full Version : got some new heads

Terrible Buddhist
04-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey guys, just got some new heads for my 468 twin turbo...any suggestions on rocker arms and an intake manifold?
check them out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33617&item=2410102791&rd=1

blowngas
04-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Terrible Buddhist:
Hey guys, just got some new heads for my 468 twin turbo...any suggestions on rocker arms and an intake manifold?
check them out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33617&item=2410102791&rd=1 Jesel or T&D are most favored but $$$--Crane gold or Crower,Comp Cam steels would work also---don't know what your running for cam or spring pressures--if flat tappett or hydraulic then use a cheaper version like Ersons or other name brand that will lighten up the valve train but still mash the valves if your not running roller spring pressures---usually find all types on ebay!!!!--good hunting

Fiat48
04-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Springs look to be K motion, perhaps K motion K 1000 (H?) roller springs. Rocker studs don't look to be the good ones. Consider replacing with Manley or ARP long ones that thread way in on the exhaust stands to prevent head breakage if using normal roller rockers. Crane Gold rockers or Lunati should be fine. If you want to go shaft rockers (and I don't know why), I'd suggest T&D shaft rockers over the Jessel. Remember that 125 angle mill and the small chambers when figuring compression ratio. Also angle mill may change where valve reliefs need to be on the pistons.

Terrible Buddhist
04-15-2003, 06:50 AM
I must say, that angle mill has me pretty nervous as far as the C/R goes. I am running a Lunati cam, but lost the spec sheet, so when I pull the motor, I am going to look that up. I will also need to figure out what the spring weight is after I do that...does the purple paint on them tell me anything? Also, the retainers say Manley on them...can anyone tell me what the valves are if I sent a pic of the combustion chamber?

Terrible Buddhist
04-15-2003, 06:52 AM
oh...I am running a hydraulic cam.

blowngas
04-17-2003, 03:07 AM
Terrible Buddhist:
oh...I am running a hydraulic cam. Be sure and pull a spring and check what the pressures are---measure what the installation height is and have it checked at that height and then at whatever the total lift of your valve would be---putting too heavy a spring on a hydraulic cam will cause mucho problemo---since you are not running roller springs, just use a quality rocker from summitt or jegs---save the $$$for down the road when your ready to start building some more HP in your motor---be safe and keep the shiny side up---

blowngas
04-17-2003, 03:23 AM
...can anyone tell me what the valves are if I sent a pic of the combustion chamber?
Not sure if your mean what size?, or what type material---most of todays valves are of sufficient quality for moderate performance increases---if you are going to seriously race it, then most certainly go with severe duty valve as a minimum---make sure that your setup is not going to see any chance of running too lean and you should be ok---too lean and the exhaust temps go outta sight and then its more $$$$ time