PDA

View Full Version : votes of love for U.S

MsDrmr
05-19-2004, 04:34 PM
How do yal like this for U.S budget.....Votes for U.S. (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/unvote.asp)

05-19-2004, 05:28 PM
F**K the UN...We should get out now, not give those ingrates another nickle and kick their collective asses out of New York and off U.S. soil. Let those worthless bastards set up shop in Sudan, Nigeria or some other asshole of the world and then see how many delegates move with it.

CrazyHippy
05-19-2004, 08:18 PM
It looks like everyone votes against us.... Fock them all!!!
No one gets any more money. (notice the Period)
BJH:yuk: :mad: :yuk:

MsDrmr
05-20-2004, 09:16 AM
what makes me mad is all the money these people get from us and this is how they feel. Why do we then keep sending out the $$ for these people....we have individuals born and raised here (folks in retirement,,veterans etc) that need our governments assistance. This just angers me.:mad:

topless
05-20-2004, 09:18 AM
Tel us how you really feel mrsdrmr

mirvin
05-20-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm not saying it's right, but it's just "politics". We give money to the government who run these countries because even though the majority of the population hate us, the governments cooperate with us. But, when it comes time for public proceedures they have to save face and go against us.
That's how it works in DC too;)
mirvin

eliminatedsprinter
05-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 058
F**K the UN...We should get out now, not give those ingrates another nickle and kick their collective asses out of New York and off U.S. soil. Let those worthless bastards set up shop in Sudan, Nigeria or some other asshole of the world and then see how many delegates move with it.
I say they should have to move to Damascus or Lagos and live without all of their diplomatic immunities so they would have to live under the local rule.
Of course, even that probably wouldn't change anything, since they would probably just bribe all the officials of their new host and live high on the hog there anyways.....

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 10:27 AM
I don't know if you read the very bottom, but it turns out that in some obscene number of cases, the US is voting against a massive majority. In fact, they claim that in some huge number of the voting opportunities, America voted against 95% of the world.
So who is the dick? If you want to put the shoe on the other foot, perhaps we are voting against our allies. By these numbers, we only vote in support of Great Britain 60% of the time, and only support Australia 56% of the time. Hell, Canada only gets 49% of our support.
The outrage only is valid if we are perceived to be the people needing support.
Don't get me wrong, F the UN, but in the court of public opinion, we are generally at odds with everyone.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
... in the court of public opinion, we are generally at odds with everyone.
When you're on top, everyone else wants to knock you off. F**K 'EM ALL!

Dave C
05-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I am with you on this but what if the UN resolution says:
"Should the U.S. send monetary aid to ______ "(fill in 3rd world country name)
Then we vote No but everyone else votes yes.
Is that really being at odds with everyone else? I don't think so.
The UN has degraded to an international welfare distribution body to the 3rd world at the expense of the 1st world, mainly the U.S.
Originally posted by Froggystyle
I don't know if you read the very bottom, but it turns out that in some obscene number of cases, the US is voting against a massive majority. In fact, they claim that in some huge number of the voting opportunities, America voted against 95% of the world.
So who is the dick? If you want to put the shoe on the other foot, perhaps we are voting against our allies. By these numbers, we only vote in support of Great Britain 60% of the time, and only support Australia 56% of the time. Hell, Canada only gets 49% of our support.
The outrage only is valid if we are perceived to be the people needing support.
Don't get me wrong, F the UN, but in the court of public opinion, we are generally at odds with everyone.

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
I am with you on this but what if the UN resolution says:
"Should the U.S. send monetary aid to ______ "(fill in 3rd world country name)
Then we vote No but everyone else votes yes.
Is that really being at odds with everyone else? I don't think so.
Actually, it is being at odds with everyone else. That we have good reason for it is irrelevant. The fact is, even in that situation, the whole world agrees that we should, and we disagree. That is pretty close to the dictionary definition of "against the whole world" in my book.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of our votes in the UN, and would personally fight to enforce them, but it doesn't make the rest of the world less screwed up.
I would like to see us leave the UN, deciding that they are actually irrelevant to us at this point. I would like to see us establish a treaty or alliance with our ACTUAL allies, and do business with them, provide them with support and act in their best interests, while they act in ours. The treaty of Versailles was disbanded because it ended up holding no power. The UN, being incapable of brandishing any power it does have is essentially powerless as well. Let's get out, and start making our own rules.
You are either with us, or against us. Choose a team. (I usually pick the big guy first to be on my team ;) )