PDA

View Full Version : Who's job is it to check the pockets?

Mandelon
05-19-2004, 07:55 PM
At my house my wife does the laundry 95% of the time. But she doesn't check the pockets.
My son's Palm Pilot (Kid's kind) just got washed and dried. As you may have guessed, small electronics don't hold up well to submersion and the subsequent tumble dry. :rolleyes:
Of course now I am out the $60 it costs to replace it. You see, I put his pants into the hamper, in an effort to help him clean up his room. So it is partly my fault. However my wife refuses to take any blame for not checking the pockets prior to putting the clothes into the machine. She says she doesn't have time.
In the past my daughter's chapstick has ruined several of my shirts, since the Chapstick was in the unchecked pockets. It melted all over some good T shirts.
Since money just magically appears at our house every other week, my wife is not too worried about it. She is always happy to buy new stuff. She does not work except for being the domestic engineer at our house. (Nice job if you can get it) I am not saying its easy, taking care of the kids, cleaning, cooking, shopping, etc.
Me, the magician, :rolleyes: knows where the $$$ comes from. I think she oughta be checking the pockets. Whoever does the laundry should check them first. You can not trust the kids to do it......checking pockets makes sense. And sometimes it makes cents, too. :D
Opinions please.
Oh, and sorry its not an OP6 thread.......:rolleyes:

Kachina26
05-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Way back when I did laundry , I always checked pockets. My wife however never checks them. I believe it is the responsibility of the person who puts the clothes in the hamper to ensure the pockets are empty. What perterbs me is when clothes get swooped up before I have the chance to get my stuff out. But , who else is gonna put up with you.

Phat Matt
05-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Since money just magically appears at our house every other week, my wife is not too worried about it. She is always happy to buy new stuff.
Dude, that is too funny!!! LOL :D :D :D
Will you teach me some of your "magic"? :D

77charger
05-19-2004, 08:03 PM
I think i empty my pockets then after my wife washes my clothes there somtetimes is 5-10 bucks floating in the dryer when done.She tells me i say thanks i dint know it was there now i let her have half the money she finds.Other times the money doesnt come out and stays in the pockets so i will be out put hands in pocket usually no more than 10 bucks mostly a dollar or.At work our old pants cleaner use to check all pockets when he came by to pick up the laundry he always put any change on the desk most was 5 bucks(it went unclaimed for a week)I have left money in there too luckily i have caught it and got it the next morn up to 100 bucks

Boozer
05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Give your domestic engineer a pay cut and get a housekeeper.
I paid $125 a week and she came 3 times in that week. Cleaned the place every time she came over and did laundry once a week. I dont regret a single cent.

moneysucker
05-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I always check my pockets as I am puting them in the washer. Mainly because a sharpie in the pocket can ruin a lot of my clothes and if I wash a receipt that was going to be expensed it could possibly cost me more than the clothes. I am good about it because I am the only one with anything to lose. It should always be done last thing before washer.

Mandelon
05-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
I paid $125 a week and she came 3 times in that week. Cleaned the place every time she came over and did laundry once a week. I dont regret a single cent.
Hey that's not bad. But if the wifey wasn't slaving over the hot stove, she'd be at Nordstroms.............so it would cost even more....:rolleyes:

Phat Matt
05-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I paid $125 a week and she came 3 times in that week. [/B]
No ***** should get paid that much especially if she gets to come! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-19-2004, 08:08 PM
I say it is whom ever takes the clothes off.. and if they are left on the floor and scooped up and put in the wash.. then they should have been picked up in the first place.. ;) ;) :D :D

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 08:09 PM
In our house it is common knowledge that you need to empty your pockets before you toss your clothes "near" the hamper.
We did the crayon thing, when they were young, more recently chapstick, pens, batteries and rocks.
It is a sore subject with Mr. Scream as I washed many of his wallets, many times. I really like his "drinking" nights because he NEVER empties his pockets and I can make some BIG $$.
My family is pretty well trained by now....except last week I just washed my son's wallet.
Empty your own pockets before you toss your clothes, it is simple and not a big deal. Everything you find in the laundry (while doing laundry) is YOURS to keep.
:D :cool:

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey that's not bad. But if the wifey wasn't slaving over the hot stove, she'd be at Nordstroms.............so it would cost even more....:rolleyes:
drool..............he said Nordstroms................drool...............;)

Goldilocks
05-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I usually blame my boyfriend when he has left something in his pockets that messed his shirts or pants up, like gum, even though I forgot to check his pockets.
I don't blame him when he has left money in his pockets that I find :)
He doesn't win either way ;)

Phat Matt
05-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Goldilocks
I usually blame my boyfriend when he has left something in his pockets that messed his shirts or pants up, like gum, even though I forgot to check his pockets.
I don't blame him when he has left money in his pockets that I find :)
He doesn't win either way ;)
That's it! No more laund....nevermind. Keep up the good work Honey. :D

Ziggy
05-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
What perterbs me is when clothes get swooped up before I have the chance to get my stuff out.
You mean you leave it on the floor before you get to wear it again, right?:D :D
I don't carry much other than change or keys...Wife says any leftover change is her tip:p

Boozer
05-19-2004, 08:18 PM
That's why you need to introduce the wifey to http://i.walmart.com/i/c/00/11/55/13/115513_100X100.jpg and hand her the card with a $450 monthly spending limit. It will take some getting use to but $450 buys you a lot og george foreman grills, levis, and vlassic pickles in that joint.

Kachina26
05-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
You mean you leave it on the floor before you get to wear it again, right?:D :D
I don't carry much other than change or keys...Wife says any leftover change is her tip:p
You got me, I commute to work 45 minutes and then change into a uniform. So I don't consider clothes worn for an hour and a half while driving to be worn enough to merit washing. Does that make me a pig or a tightwad? Or both? Or just plain intelligent?
By the way, just the jeans not the underwear or shirts;)

Boozer
05-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I say it is whom ever takes the clothes off.. and if they are left on the floor and scooped up and put in the wash.. then they should have been picked up in the first place.. ;) ;) :D :D
If you're a good wife, which I don't doubt, YOU are the one taking the clothes off YOURS and HIS. So it is YOUR responsibility to check those pockets.

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
That's why you need to introduce the wifey to http://i.walmart.com/i/c/00/11/55/13/115513_100X100.jpg and hand her the card with a $450 monthly spending limit. It will take some getting use to but $450 buys you a lot og george foreman grills, levis, and vlassic pickles in that joint.
No offense, but Wallmart sucks...................;)

Boozer
05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
You got me, I commute to work 45 minutes and then change into a uniform. So I don't consider clothes worn for an hour and a half while driving to be worn enough to merit washing. Does that make me a pig or a tightwad? Or both? Or just plain intelligent?
By the way, just the jeans not the underwear or shirts;)
I'd say it makes you centsable.

jbtrailerjim
05-19-2004, 09:00 PM
I alway's check my pocket's myself before they go in the hamper. Since my wife work's also full time, and does like 99% of the laundry. I'm sure and the hell not going to bitch if she forget's to check the pocket's. I know what the next word's out of her mouth would be if I did. "If ya don't like it do your own laundry":rolleyes: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-19-2004, 09:01 PM
If you're a good wife, which I don't doubt, YOU are the one taking the clothes off YOURS and HIS. So it is YOUR responsibility to check those pockets.
that is why I always check the pockets.. LOL!! :D :D :D :D

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 09:03 PM
our oldest daughter, would be to lazy to put her clothes away that I washed and dried and folded....so she would just toss them into the hamper............Then I made her do her own laundry for a week.
Stopped really quick!!
And the best part is, the younger children know what happened when she did that, so they don't even try..............
:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
our oldest daughter, would be to lazy to put her clothes away that I washed and dried and folded....so she would just toss them into the hamper............Then I made her do her own laundry for a week.
Stopped really quick!!
And the best part is, the younger children know what happened when she did that, so they don't even try..............
thats funny.. I fight my 8 year old about laundry all the time.. but it's not that she has to put it away.. she won't let me do it if she is there.. this girl loves house work ..I love to clean with her.. it's our special time together.. I don't ask her she just joins in.. :D
it will probably change when she gets older though.. :D

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 09:06 PM
I hope not, that is really sweet.....;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-19-2004, 09:10 PM
I hope not, that is really sweet.....;)
I felt weird she was doing it at first. but now it's like second nature.. ;)

Debbolas
05-19-2004, 09:13 PM
night all.............;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-19-2004, 09:13 PM
night all.............;)
good night sweety..;)

unleashed
05-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Any dirty clothes should have empty pockets thats the rule around my home. Your wife shouldnt have to check everyones pockets before washing. She has enough to do just by washing, drying, turning clothes inside out, folding then putting them away. I tried the laundry thing before and it sucks ass. I'd rather have an 8 hour job than have to be a housewife. Trust me you have it easy being at work!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

wsuwrhr
05-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Since money just magically appears at our house every other week, my wife is not too worried about it. She is always happy to buy new stuff.
Me, the magician, :rolleyes: knows where the $$$ comes from. I think she oughta be checking the pockets. Whoever does the laundry should check them first. You can not trust the kids to do it......checking pockets makes sense. And sometimes it makes cents, too. :D
Im with you Mandy,
Money does not magically appear here either. If nothing else, I am glad someone shares my pain.
My wife asked me for money today when she got home from work.
All I was thinking was " Damn woman, don't you WORK?" Am I a bank? I had to work for my money.
Brian

Mandelon
05-20-2004, 04:42 AM
What you guys say makes sense, check em when you drop em. But the little ones just don't always do it. You can't assume that they did it, if they are in school when the laundry gets scooped up from the floor in their rooms.
So then what, don't check and ruin more stuff? Or leave the laundry there until the kids check it? Which throws off your day cuz you can't wash their stuff since they didn't check it?
Their hamper is in the hall bathroom, so clothes in their room are not near the hamper. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Why is it so hard to check the pockets? It can't add more than a minute to the process.............its way longer to replace ruined clothes and other things.
I've been trained to empty mine......but once she tossed my pants in the laundry with my phone still attached......she would washed that too? :confused:

JetBoatRich
05-20-2004, 04:44 AM
My wife checks my pockets when I get home for any loose money or a roll of quarters:D

Mandelon
05-20-2004, 04:47 AM
Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

mtndewdrops
05-20-2004, 05:39 AM
Mandelon, IS your wife related to mine?
We have had several mishaps with chapstick and similar items. I think that because you can't "assume" that the kids will remember to empty them, they should be checked prior to loading the new maytag.
What about getting a wrinkle-free shirt and collar? I have to iron my own. She is to busy watching Trading Spaces, and surfing the internet.
IMO Stay at home moms are totally spoiled. It is a priveledge and definately easier than commuting and putting up with work.

mike37
05-20-2004, 05:43 AM
Its just lazy for the person doing the wash not to check pockets
What is it cuting into he sope time or something tell he to do her job right and stop being lazy

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Doing laundry is a conscious act. It is intentional and planned. Stripping your cloths off after a long day is not however. I have a little "landing" area that I put all my crap in, but Aud checks anyway, because it is just stupid to blindly throw cloths in the washer when there is the possibility of including something expensive that I may have forgotten or missed.
Checking pockets is part of washing cloths. Just like separating the whites and colors. Something you have to do. Add kids to the situation, and it is pure buffoonery not to check them. They are just not wired that way.
In my experience, I find that ration goes a long way with Audrey in matters such as these. It doesn't make any sense to waste money and items by not checking them.
How about, you do a timing to figure out how much extra time it takes to check them, explain how important it is to you that the pockets get checked, and offer to do some part of her daily work (in addition to bringing home money for the family doing hard physical labor all day in the sun) that takes up a similar amount of time. This will sound absurd, because it is. Hopefully she will realize that checking the pockets is important to you, and so it should be for her as well.
Or she will be a spoiled dick and give you some three minute long job to do... ;)

91nordic29
05-20-2004, 10:07 AM
pocket - checking is the responsibility of the wearer!!!!! (any money that is in the washer/dryer is the gift of the laundry "do-er".:D ) any ruined clothes is the fault of the non - pocket checking wearer. a fairly simple concept:cool:

gnarley
05-20-2004, 10:13 AM
If the clothes go into the hamper or washer they get checked. If they made it to the hamper it means they have been checked. If they made it from the hamper to the washer it means they should have already been checked. If they went directly from the floor or being worn to the washer it is the responsibility of the person dropping in the wash load to check.
This is like one of the basic programming routines, If, Then, Else.

Screaming Pete
05-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
Doing laundry is a conscious act. It is intentional and planned. Stripping your cloths off after a long day is not however. I have a little "landing" area that I put all my crap in, but Aud checks anyway, because it is just stupid to blindly throw cloths in the washer when there is the possibility of including something expensive that I may have forgotten or missed.
Checking pockets is part of washing cloths. Just like separating the whites and colors. Something you have to do. Add kids to the situation, and it is pure buffoonery not to check them. They are just not wired that way.
In my experience, I find that ration goes a long way with Audrey in matters such as these. It doesn't make any sense to waste money and items by not checking them.
How about, you do a timing to figure out how much extra time it takes to check them, explain how important it is to you that the pockets get checked, and offer to do some part of her daily work (in addition to bringing home money for the family doing hard physical labor all day in the sun) that takes up a similar amount of time. This will sound absurd, because it is. Hopefully she will realize that checking the pockets is important to you, and so it should be for her as well.
Or she will be a spoiled dick and give you some three minute long job to do... ;)
IMHO Wes you have a boat company to build, send your clothes out and have them done......:D

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
IMHO Wes you have a boat company to build, send your clothes out and have them done......:D
You need to see the pics of the mold Pete... top is finished! I spent two solid days welding the support cage for it.

Screaming Pete
05-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Cool:D

Sleek-Jet
05-20-2004, 10:40 AM
Checking pockets is part of washing cloths. Just like separating the whites and colors.
You're supposed to seperate whites and colors?? :eek:
I guess that explaines all the pink T-shirts I've got. :D
I don't mind doing the laundry, of course it's just me so I have no choice, but it's a great excuse to drink beer 1 afternoon a week. Throw a load in washer.
Drink a couple beers.
Throw wet clothes in dryer, put more in the washer
Drink a couple beers.
Post on Hot Boat/RRL/HD
Take clothes out of dryer, fold and put up.
Drink beer while doing the above
repeat untill job is done, usually all afternoon
Complain that you've been slaving away doing domestic chores all day. :D
Drink more beer.

welk2party
05-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Laundry?

Lightning
05-20-2004, 11:27 AM
In my opinion you need to separate the kids from the adults in this situation.
Adults should know good enough to empty their pockets before they toss thier clothes on the floor, near the hamper, or actually in the hamper.
Kids can care less and as mentioned above, it's not in their basic programming. Their clothes should be checked. It sounds like most of the problems occur from not checking the kids clothes.

spectratoad
05-20-2004, 11:43 AM
And on top of that at least someone comes up to 3 times a week!!!!:D Maybe I read that wrong.
I alway check my pockets though and whatever is in the dryer is fair game.

MomOfJesi
05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
IMO Stay at home moms are totally spoiled. It is a priveledge and definately easier than commuting and putting up with work.
I was working at a Nursing Home and the stress involved in that was so much less that staying at home. I am on the go more now and my stress level is up more now than before. Stay at home doesn't usually mean that. There is always someone calling or needing something from you and people always say things like "it's not like you have a real job so you can do it."
As for the laundry around here everyone is suppose to check their own, at least if they want to keep their stuff. When I check it the pockets I keep what I find. Even my 8 year old knows what isn't in the hamper doesn't get washed and what is in the pockets becomes mine. I only check the pockets cause I like my clothes and don't want them ruined.

FunOnTheWater
05-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
My wife checks my pockets when I get home for any loose money or a roll of quarters:D
:D :D
She checks mine to, tell your wife thank you;)

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 01:03 PM
...Just thinking aloud here, but I just stumbled upon a way to totally fix this problem.
Find something she REALLY likes for sentimental reasons, something she can't replace (Like my Diver Down VH shirt in my case) and spike the laundry with a chapstick with that in there.
Bet she checks after that...

mbrown2
05-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Six Sigma kicking in.....If the end result is to not screw up perfectly good clothes and to save money, and a by product of that quality improvement is a little more time for the person dropping the clothes in and the person taking them off.....Then it is both persons responsibility to insure that the pockets are empty....double check, makes balance...
In addition, when flowing it out, if she says she does not have time? I say BS....for when one when one load gets screwed up, that is time and money gone to shop and spend for new....a little time spent up front alleviates that risk of loss time and money.
;)

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Six Sigma kicking in.....If the end result is to not screw up perfectly good clothes and to save money, and a by product of that quality improvement is a little more time for the person dropping the clothes in and the person taking them off.....Then it is both persons responsibility to insure that the pockets are empty....double check, makes balance...
In addition, when flowing it out, if she says she does not have time? I say BS....for when one when one load gets screwed up, that is time and money gone to shop and spend for new....a little time spent up front alleviates that risk of loss time and money.
;)
Wanna job??? :)

Debbolas
05-20-2004, 02:18 PM
This thread cracks me up!
All these guys are coming up with logical explanations why the women should check the pockets, comparing the process to a basic computer program (rotflmao) "if this is done, then do this..."
This is a classic example of the difference between most men and women. Women are multi taskers, we are doing 5 things at once as well as the laundry....It is just easier for us to train you to 1) take stuff out of your pockets if you want to keep it. 2) put your clothes in the hamper if you want them washed and 3) put your folded clothes away (I do this for my hubby, but not my kids)
Any money found in the dryer/washer is like a "tip".......
(I do admit I shake my youngest sons clothes around to see if he has left anything in them)

topless
05-20-2004, 02:29 PM
The solution at my house is everyone does their own. Simple and when your clothes get ruined, it's your own damn fault. When my daughter started doing her own, she learned quickly to check her pockets. She won't even let me touch her laundry now.

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 03:32 PM
This is sooooo the persons job doing the laundry.
Now I am getting all pissed that some people actually think it isn't.
Tell y'all what, next time you back out of the driveway, go ahead and forget about checking behind you. After all, people shouldn't be putting stuff behind your car, right? Don't worry about that big wheel sitting there in the driveway... somebody elses problem, right?
Don't be careful about anything that could possibly add time to your day for that matter. God forbid you do something you don't absolutely HAVE to do.
And what is it with all of this (spoken in a nasal voice...) "And If there is money in the pocket it is mine!"
Who cares? Do you not have an ATM card? You guys are not much of a team if you need to steal a couple bucks out of his pocket and call it a "tip". How about this for a tip... Do your job properly. Or don't do it, I don't care. Just don't bitch when the yard work doesn't get done, or the oil doesn't get changed, or I am not at work making money because I am washing my own clothes so I don't have to worry about my goddamn wallet and keys getting washed or my money stolen.
F****n housewives. Damn it Mande, now I am pissed about this!

mbrown2
05-20-2004, 03:41 PM
This is sooooo the persons job doing the laundry.
Now I am getting all pissed that some people actually think it isn't.
LMAO...
Froggy, go build that boat and stop worrying about the Laundry:D :D :cool: :D

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
LMAO...
Froggy, go build that boat and stop worrying about the Laundry:D :D :cool: :D
Long week... check your e-mail. Wait, it doesn't give me the e-mail option.
E-mail me at wes@tridentboats.com

Sleek-Jet
05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Would somebody take Froggy to the River or something. Sounds like he needs a break.

mbrown2
05-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Long week... check your e-mail. Wait, it doesn't give me the e-mail option.
E-mail me at wes@tridentboats.com
Are you talking of the latest update? I got it...have not reviewed yet, but I was just kidd'n with ya above......your response was classic.

topless
The newlyweds were terribly shy when it came to sex, so instead of simply saying, "Let's ****," they'd say, "Washing machine."
One night the dude puts his arms around his wife and asked, "Washing Machine?"
"Not tonight honey," she replied. "I'm tired."
He rolled away from her, but in a couple of minutes he began
stroking her thighs and once again ventured. "Washing machine?"
"Darling, I'm really tired." she said. "Beside the point I
have a headache."
Sighing deeply, the guy moved back to his own side of the bed and was silent. His wife began thinking about the conjugal obligation to keep him happy, and soon she turned to him and whispered. "Washing Machine."
"That's okay." he replied with a yawn. "It was a small load,
so I did it by hand."

Froggystyle
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Would somebody take Froggy to the River or something. Sounds like he needs a break.
You send me an e-mail too! (You will like this...)

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Are you talking of the latest update? I got it...have not reviewed yet, but I was just kidd'n with ya above......your response was classic.
Naw.. better.

Debbolas
Originally posted by topless
The newlyweds were terribly shy when it came to sex, so instead of simply saying, "Let's ****," they'd say, "Washing machine."
One night the dude puts his arms around his wife and asked, "Washing Machine?"
"Not tonight honey," she replied. "I'm tired."
He rolled away from her, but in a couple of minutes he began
stroking her thighs and once again ventured. "Washing machine?"
"Darling, I'm really tired." she said. "Beside the point I
have a headache."
Sighing deeply, the guy moved back to his own side of the bed and was silent. His wife began thinking about the conjugal obligation to keep him happy, and soon she turned to him and whispered. "Washing Machine."
"That's okay." he replied with a yawn. "It was a small load,
so I did it by hand."
LOL:D
I was waiting for someone to post that joke!
;)

mbrown2
Froggy,
Just sent you an email....sorry for the Hijack...just whoring through..

Sleek-Jet
05-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Froggy,
Just sent you an email....sorry for the Hijack...just whoring through..
Ditto.

91nordic29
05-20-2004, 03:54 PM
i was waiting for someone to compare it to dog poop and lawn - mowing! (teeeheeeheee:D )

Debbolas
05-20-2004, 03:56 PM
LOL:D
are you going to OP6C?
;)

topless
05-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Well then, whoever waters the grass should mow it and who ever feeds the dog should pick up the poop too...Hmm for that matter, who ever got the woman pregnant should change the diapers too and breast feed him.

Debbolas
05-20-2004, 03:59 PM
I like your reasoning!!!
;)

CA Stu
05-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Tell the missus you left her a $100 bill hidden in a pocket in the laundry pile. She's going to have to find it if she wants it!
Thanks
CA Stu
PS Don't be a dummy and actually do it, of course.
Get her to check them pockets for a while :D :D :D

topless
05-20-2004, 04:02 PM
I like your reasoning!!!
;)
I knew you would.;) :D

Debbolas
05-20-2004, 04:05 PM
:D :cool: ;)
Debbolas <-----posting more jibberish (sp)
LOL;)

FMluvswater
05-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
Tell the missus you left her a $100 bill hidden in a pocket in the laundry pile. She's going to have to find it if she wants it!
Thanks
CA Stu
PS Don't be a dummy and actually do it, of course.
Get her to check them pockets for a while :D :D :D
No no do it the one time so she'll believe it the next time and she'll always hold out hope no matter how many times after that there isn't a hidden $100. ;)
Hey who said that? :confused:
Wasn't me. ;)

mike37
05-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Dumb women cant do any thing right
Any women out there that wants to go to work and make all the money
And buy all the toys
And let the guy stay at home and do the house work if you can call it work
Step up and do it can any you you stay at home girls do that or is it to hard

Mandelon
05-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I like the complaint about men making it logical. Duh, we are talking about women who do the laundry. Logic does not apply.:rolleyes:
I like Wes's point, since it is part of the job, it should be done by the launderer. The kids won't check because they are kids, so it needs to be done by the person who puts them in the machine.
We jumble the kids laundry and the grownups and separate by colors. Different people put their laundry in the hamper since they often leave it just about anywhere in the house.
How much harder is it? Its not hard to do. I check when I do the laundry. Take maybe a minute......well offset by the time it takes to replace the clothes or shop for the new palm pilot. NOt to mention the cost of the new items.
And why do you get the dollars you find, but not accept responsiblity for the work......? How did you find the $$ if you don't check the pockets??????

Debbolas
05-20-2004, 05:06 PM
You aren't going to like the answer..................
Found it in the washer when transfering clothes from the washer to the dryer.
or
In the dryer all crispy and dry.....
;)

Ziggy
05-20-2004, 05:13 PM
You aren't going to like the answer..................
Found it in the washer when transfering clothes from the washer to the dryer.
or
In the dryer all crispy and dry.....
;)
A weak comeback on that one :yuk: . I could've thought of that:D
Do the job right in the first place.

Debbolas
05-20-2004, 05:18 PM
:p

MomOfJesi
05-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by mike37
Dumb women cant do any thing right
Any women out there that wants to go to work and make all the money
And buy all the toys
And let the guy stay at home and do the house work if you can call it work
Step up and do it can any you you stay at home girls do that or is it to hard
I wouldn't say it is too hard unless you have had a useless man in your life at one point that would rather sit at his house and drink all day or cook up drugs than to help support his own child. My ex doesn't even remember when our daughters b-day is or how old she is. So my mom offered me the chance to stay home with and raise her. so my mom works a good paying job I do all the house work not only for my mom but myself, my daughter, my father, my brother and two of his friends. my daughter has everything she could ever want and a lot she doesn't need and guess what the pockets of the laundry in my house STILL get checked. speaking of which time to change loads.

mike37
05-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MomOfJesi
I wouldn't say it is too hard unless you have had a useless man in your life at one point that would rather sit at his house and drink all day or cook up drugs than to help support his own child. My ex doesn't even remember when our daughters b-day is or how old she is. So my mom offered me the chance to stay home with and raise her. so my mom works a good paying job I do all the house work not only for my mom but myself, my daughter, my father, my brother and two of his friends. my daughter has everything she could ever want and a lot she doesn't need and guess what the pockets of the laundry in my house STILL get checked. speaking of which time to change loads.
Sounds like your taking good care of your family
And not complaining about it
You might just make a good wife for someone

MomOfJesi
05-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by mike37
Sounds like your taking good care of your family
And not complaining about it
You might just make a good wife for someone
I might make a good wife or I can stay single and enjoy life better that way.

JetBoatRich
05-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by FunOnTheWater
:D :D
She checks mine to, tell your wife thank you;)
as long as you are happy:D all good:cool: