PDA

View Full Version : Anyone snore

Boozer
05-19-2004, 09:13 PM
So since the decision to move the gf and i are no more. Therefore I had to find a temp replacement until I leave. Last night I had her over when I woke up in the morning I noticed she had headphones on. I thought that was weird so I asked her why. Her reply "If I hadn't of brought my discman over I'd be one very angry person at work today." "Why" I asked. Her reply "Because you snore so loud this is the only possible way I can sleep."
Anyone else have the snoring problem? It's never been a problem before but now I'm worried. Anyone know if that snore stopper spray shit works?

Goldilocks
05-19-2004, 09:23 PM
I buy my boyfriend Breathe Right nose strips because he can snore pretty bad. I once bought him this throat spray called Snorenz, but it didn't work too well.

unleashed
05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
I sleep in a different bed than my wife. This way she doesnt have to worry about my snoring and I dont have to worry about her body heat. If I want to take care of business we do that beforehand then head to our seperate bedrooms. Its paradise!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

jbtrailerjim
05-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
I sleep in a different bed than my wife. This way she doesnt have to worry about my snoring and I dont have to worry about her body heat. If I want to take care of business we do that beforehand then head to our seperate bedrooms. Its paradise!
Deano
LOL.....That's what I try talking my wife into letting me do but she won't go for it.

LASERRAY
05-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Hey Boozer, Your Mother snores! I couldn't sleep at all last night! :D
No, but seriously I snore and suffer from sleep apnea. My wife can't even sleep in the same room with me anymore. I have a Bi-pap machine that I don't use cause it's very un-comfortable to sleep with. I need to use it in order to benefit from it, but I hate it.:frown:

unleashed
05-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey JB, I have my daughter to thank for that. Once she was born they slept together hence I got my own room. Now we are both comfortable sleeping seperately and we love it!
Deano

Boozer
05-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Hey Boozer, Your Mother snores! I couldn't sleep at all last night! :D
No, but seriously I snore and suffer from sleep apnea. My wife can't even sleep in the same room with me anymore. I have a Bi-pap machine that I don't use cause it's very un-comfortable to sleep with. I need to use it in order to benefit from it, but I hate it.:frown:
WTF is a bi-pap machine?
Seriously this shit concerns me. I HATE to sleep alone but do it more often then not. The GF didnt mind because she is a deep sleeper and it didnt wake her but who knows what the next GF will think??? :confused:
I had friends get that surgery done that is suppose to eliminate snoring but they were miserable for a month after having it done. 1 year later they started snoring again.

jbtrailerjim
05-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
Hey JB, I have my daughter to thank for that. Once she was born they slept together hence I got my own room. Now we are both comfortable sleeping seperately and we love it!
Deano
My oldest son fall's asleep with my wife a lot too. I alway's tell her that's fine I'll go sleep in his bedroom. Nope still does not work. She pick's him up and carries him to his room when I come to bed.

LASERRAY
05-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
WTF is a bi-pap machine?
Seriously this shit concerns me. I HATE to sleep alone but do it more often then not. The GF didnt mind because she is a deep sleeper and it didnt wake her but who knows what the next GF will think??? :confused:
I had friends get that surgery done that is suppose to eliminate snoring but they were miserable for a month after having it done. 1 year later they started snoring again. A bi-pap machine is basicly an air pump connected to an air hose that connects to a mask that you place over your nose while sleeping. The air pressure opens an airway in your throat that allows you to continue breathing freely while sleeping to eliminate snoring. Someone with sleep apnea has a condition as to where the tissue in the throat blocks the airway during sleep, and the person stops breathing for as long as a minute sometimes, until the body automatically wakes itself up. This causes high blood pressure and heart attacks. It is also known to take about 20 years off your life.:(

Boozer
05-19-2004, 10:11 PM
A bi-pap machine is basicly an air pump connected to an air hose that connects to a mask that you place over your nose while sleeping. The air pressure opens an airway in your throat that allows you to continue breathing freely while sleeping to eliminate snoring. Someone with sleep apnea has a condition as to where the tissue in the throat blocks the airway during sleep, and the person stops breathing for as long as a minute sometimes, until the body automatically wakes itself up. This causes high blood pressure and heart attacks. It is also known to take about 20 years off your life.:(
I don't think I have this problem but I better go get checked. I do wake up a LOT during the night these days so for all I know that could be the reason why.

Krazy K
05-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I snore and have sleep apnea. 'Course, the only thing I'd wake up is my left hand! It doesn't help that I'm 5'8" and 300 and look like one of those powerlifters from Germany with no neck!

LASERRAY
05-19-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't think I have this problem but I better go get checked. I do wake up a LOT during the night these days so for all I know that could be the reason why. I had an actual sleep study done at a sleep institute. I arrived at 9:00 pm and they hooked me up to a bunch of machines, and monitors to study heart rate, Bp., sleep patterns, snoring, apnea episodes etc. When you stop breathing in your sleep, that's what's known as an "apnea episode". I had over 400 episodes in a span of seven hours! That's messed-up.:(
Good luck Boozer. Go see your General physician first and tell him what's going-on.:cool:

fourspeednup
05-19-2004, 11:31 PM
If you have a cold or allergies that'll do it as well so maybe this was a one time dealio and will be gone as soon as your sinuses clear up

HammerDown
05-20-2004, 03:47 AM
My X girl friend had a nose the size of a Tic-Tac...the cutis thing ya ever seen. She snored none stop. Sounded like tearing paper, it drove me to sleep in my spare bedroom and even down stairs. She's gone....I"m back in my bed with Suzy Palm and her 5 daughters.:p

Mandelon
05-20-2004, 04:31 AM
My brother in law uses one of those machines. He loves it, and so does my sister, his wife. Its like a white noise machine for her, it helps to drown out the world.
He lost about 40 pounds but still snores anyway. He's a stocky guy and maybe that's part of it.
Those breathe rite strips help to keep your nose open, but if its in the throat they won't do much.
There are plenty of doctors that specialize in this, try to find one.

JetBoatRich
05-20-2004, 04:38 AM
My wife tries to fall a sleep first:( to keep me from keeping her awake on occasional snore:rolleyes:
If I had a few beers, for get it:eek:

rrrr
05-20-2004, 06:25 AM
Sometimes I wake up alone, my wife is sleeping in another room. She sez that when she is standing in the kitchen 35' from the closed 1 3/4" solid core bedroom door and can hear me snoring then she wants no part of it.
I need to lose 20 lbs, prolly need to wear one of those machines too. But jeez, they look like a real pain in the ass. Like wearing a scuba mask and mouthpiece to bed.

ahhell
05-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Anyone else have the snoring problem? It's never been a problem before but now I'm worried. Anyone know if that snore stopper spray shit works? [/B]
Ive used the snore stop spray with mixed results, seems to work for a few hours then back to snoring. My snoring seems to be dirctly related to the amount of beer consumed too! The bruises on my arm usually go away after a couple of days( the wife has a mean jab!!!!);)

HCS
05-20-2004, 07:00 AM
When my wife snores I push her out of bed onto the floor.
That usually works pretty good.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-20-2004, 07:12 AM
Me too. I had a sleep study performed that confirmed it. Just waiting to see if my insurance approves the bi-pap machine.

Phat Matt
05-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Goldilocks
I buy my boyfriend Breathe Right nose strips because he can snore pretty bad. I once bought him this throat spray called Snorenz, but it didn't work too well.
And it is directly related to drinking. I think maybe you should take Deano's advice and sleep in the other room. :D

welk2party
05-20-2004, 08:25 AM
I snore, the wife goes to the spare bedroom. I sleep great.:D

Ziggy
05-20-2004, 08:49 AM
I sleep. the wife snores...she's used the spray to some effectiveness but she also deals with alergies.
Give the spray a try and see if she still wears the Walkman Boozman:D

NoCal NoBoat
05-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Boozer -
Like LaserRay, I did the sleep study, and discovered I have "moderate" sleep apnea. Unlike Ray, I had no problems getting used to a CPAP (continuous positive air pressure) unit.
I quickly found out how sleep deprived I had been. I now sleep like a rock, no longer wake up gasping for breath (and thinking I must have had a nightmare). I'm less likely to nod off at inopportune moments (like at the wheel). I don't snore. I'm less likely to die in my sleep.
The only downside is my daughter now calls me "Maverick" and occasionally asks me how many MIG's I splashed last night.
Get checked out - snoring can be a symptom. I lost a lot of quality sleep because I procrastinated. Insurance Companies now take this more seriously, and many are more willing to get off their wallets these days to avoid greater cost down the road.

gnarley
05-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Boozer, my dad has sleep apnea and uses one of those C-Pap machines. If you think you have sleep apnea you need to find out for sure, it could kill you. If itÂ’s just snoring you could be overweight, which will contribute to snoring and weight loss will help, I know, it helped me by losing 20 pounds. The other thing is drinking, when I drink and have more than a couple of beers, glasses of wine or drinks I snore. If I don't drink, I rarely snore. If you drink then make sure she does more than you so she passes out before you start sleeping.

HalletDave
05-20-2004, 09:57 AM
I don't think I have this problem but I better go get checked. I do wake up a LOT during the night these days so for all I know that could be the reason why.
Boozer,
Could this waking up in the middle of the night scenario you are experiencing be related to that "penile enhancement" dealio you you had last year? :eek: :D

MsDrmr
05-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Insurance will cover a large protion ot the machine because it is considerd a LIFE SAVING DEVICE.
when my mr and I were dating and I moved in he got fed up with the noised I made, he said I snore softly but I would stop breating and then wake up with a loud snort or gasp. He then would lay there and wait to see if I would stop breathing again. Sleep apnea is heridatary. My mother has it and now my sis and I do as well.
I had the sleep study done and have the machine also. I don't like sleeping with it much because it shifts and blows air on my eyes and wakes me up. I think I wake up more from having to shift the mask then my breathing issues. I have over 400 episodes in one evening and stopped breathing for over 1min 50% of the time.
ADVICE: call the sce... they offer discounts to households that have that machine. You need to have the dr fill out a short form and then mail it to sce and they offer a large disc. for having to use it....take advantage of this offer its not thousands of dollars in savings but anything helps

Havasu_Dreamin
05-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
ADVICE: call the sce... they offer discounts to households that have that machine. You need to have the dr fill out a short form and then mail it to sce and they offer a large disc. for having to use it....take advantage of this offer its not thousands of dollars in savings but anything helps
Interesting. I'll have to do that if insurance approves me having the machine to begin with. Hope so, don't really want to lose 20 years off my life. I honeslty just need to lose weight.........:(

MsDrmr
05-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Loosing weight in my opinion will not help much (if at all) my father weighs 165 lbs and is 6'1 and has to use the mask still. I know they say weight contributes to it but I don't think it is as signigicant as they make it to be.
JMO