PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake, Nevada?

BarryMac
05-20-2004, 10:00 AM
I am taking a shot in the dark here, I thought I saw some postings a while back (over a year ago) about Pyramid Lake in Northern Nevada near Reno, I want to get some info on this lake, we are going to be in Reno for the 4th of July visiting my parents, they are going to put their 5th wheel on the lake for us, we are intending on spending at least a couple of days there. We are also going to Lake Tahoe for a day, how do you think my boat will do at an elevation of over 6200', will I need to do anything special? Any info you want to share would be great and appreciated.
Thanks hope to get some info,
gottajetboat
2001 Carrera 202XR with a 454

Desert Rat
05-20-2004, 02:47 PM
The water there is F'N COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1Bahnerjet
05-20-2004, 02:59 PM
F'N Cold ? (Pyramid Lake) I thought it was F'N Windy...

dicudmore
05-20-2004, 03:01 PM
I have heard its beautiful.....
There was an article in one of the boating mags a year or so about a trip up there. echo DR's statement....friggin' cold.
Tahoe? your motor is carbureted isn't it???
Will NOT like that altitude....

BarryMac
05-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Tahoe? your motor is carbureted isn't it???
Will NOT like that altitude....
Motor is carbed, I was afraid of that, even if I don't get all of the performance out of it I will still have a blast. We can't wait.
thanks all...

blueman
05-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Your boat will run a little fat up here. But it will run fine. You will lose about 20% in performance stay near the shorelines the wind whips both Tahoe and Pyramid into huge swells very fast. You don't want to get cought in the middle

Three Days Only
05-21-2004, 07:51 AM
and dont forget you mufflers.