PDA

View Full Version : New Interior needs help

rposton1
05-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Well got a problem took my boat out for the first time yesterday to break in motor:) and my buddy was wearing new swim trunks Red:mad: an now its on my white interior is there any tricks to getting it out or am I screwed? ..... thanks in advance Robert

Boozer
05-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by rposton1
Well got a problem took my boat out for the first time yesterday to break in motor:) and my buddy was wearing new swim trunks Red:mad: an now its on my white interior is there any tricks to getting it out or am I screwed? ..... thanks in advance Robert
Good chance its stained.
Try some engine degreaser and a scrub brush. If that doesn't get it out nothings going too. An DONT wait any longer. The longer you let that shit sit the better the chances of it NOT coming out are.

ahhell
05-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Soft Scrub with bleach.
last weekend i was "introduced" to the works by ntwotrance and cobra320. I had stains all over the place, went home got the soft scrub WITH BLEACH, carefull on the carpet. Make sure to condition after...hope it works:cool:

FastTimmy
05-20-2004, 04:47 PM
RiverDave to the rescue.
Hey what where we talking about I forgot :confused:

rposton1
05-20-2004, 04:54 PM
thanks alot I will try the Soft scrom already tried engine cleaner and no luck:(

rposton1
05-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Yeah it's looking grim tried soft scub with bleach also and no luck:frown: ...Robert

ahhell
05-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Local upholstery shop i guess!!!

welk2party
05-20-2004, 05:43 PM
There has to be something that will get it out.

Cheap Thrills
05-20-2004, 05:51 PM
bleche white whitewall cleaner or X-14 mildew remover both are strong oxidizers with enzimes . dont leave it on too long but let it work a min before whiping it off . and dont get it on anything you dont want white .
Good luck.
C.T. :wink:

summerlove
05-20-2004, 06:05 PM
that happened to me a few years back - it'll come out on its own with normal wash and wipe. For faster response, pm warlock 25.

Ntwotrance
05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
bleche white whitewall cleaner or X-14 mildew remover both are strong oxidizers with enzimes . dont leave it on too long but let it work a min before whiping it off . and dont get it on anything you dont want white .
Good luck.
C.T. :wink:
gotta agree with CT here, use the whitewall cleaner if the soft scrub isn't working. dont' ever use engine degreasers and the like on your seats! after you finish make sure you use a good leather cream/conditioner.....

cola
05-20-2004, 06:10 PM
@ Walmart they have Mr Clean brand little white sponges. They kick ass. Only thing to remove the tuff stuff. Worth a try. Let us know if you try it.
Late, Mike
"MAGIC ERASER" :)

Ntwotrance
05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
Soft Scrub with bleach.
last weekend i was "introduced" to the works by ntwotrance and cobra320. I had stains all over the place, went home got the soft scrub WITH BLEACH, carefull on the carpet. Make sure to condition after...hope it works:cool:
:D

rposton1
05-20-2004, 06:19 PM
OK thanks all still no luck also I will pm warlock25 thanks alot for fast responses:) ....Robert

sidewound
05-20-2004, 06:26 PM
I used some of that oxy-clean crap mixed real strong and kept spraying and scrubbing with a stiff brush over and over. Made the original white vinyl in my 30 yr. old boat look like it was only 10 yrs!:D :D :D
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

phebus
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
The same thing happened to me a few years ago. Tried everything I could to clean it. It got a little better with the cleaning, but the stain didn't come completely out. It made me sick, but after using the boat a few times with the sun beating down on it, the freakin stain just faded away. If it doesn't come out, give it some time before you go to the expense of replacing the vinyl.

rposton1
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
I used some of that oxy-clean crap mixed real strong and kept spraying and scrubbing with a stiff brush over and over. Made the original white vinyl in my 30 yr. old boat look like it was only 10 yrs!:D :D :D
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR
will give it a try thanks:)

rposton1
05-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by phebus
The same thing happened to me a few years ago. Tried everything I could to clean it. It got a little better with the cleaning, but the stain didn't come completely out. It made me sick, but after using the boat a few times with the sun beating down on it, the freakin stain just faded away. If it doesn't come out, give it some time before you go to the expense of replacing the vinyl.
yeah I will wait till winter for sure if all else fails and hope for the sun to fade it out ....Robert

LAVEYSABRE575
05-20-2004, 06:45 PM
rposton same thing happen to me in my sabre first day out only difference the person had hawaiian print shorts on just like you i was crapped out big time, i use mequires cleaner conditioner and eventually it faded away completely , be careful with bleach it does eat the stitching on your upholstery rinse with water immediately i didnt use it at all good luck .....derek

redneckgirl
05-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Rposton,
Hope you love the new SW... Barry told us to use Fast Orange with pumice on the interior when you couldn't get it out with 409,etc... I would be careful not to scrub to hard for long periods of time... I have used it in our boat for marks on the seat and seems to work pretty well !!! I do agree things seem to disappear with use... :) :D Barry knows alot of tricks if all else fails call SW... Good luck. Hope to see you at the regatta !!!
RNG

rposton1
05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
warlock25 helped me alot, simple green worked real well got out 80% now I will just let the sun do the rest, thanks again everyone for your help as always you are there for me.....Robert

rposton1
05-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
Rposton,
Hope you love the new SW... Barry told us to use Fast Orange with pumice on the interior when you couldn't get it out with 409,etc... I would be careful not to scrub to hard for long periods of time... I have used it in our boat for marks on the seat and seems to work pretty well !!! I do agree things seem to disappear with use... :) :D Barry knows alot of tricks if all else fails call SW... Good luck. Hope to see you at the regatta !!!
RNG
ok will try that now hehe maybe can get rid of the rest thanks :) hoping to make the regatta thanks again Robert

rposton1
05-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm a Doink! Ntwotrance gave me the info on the simple green hehe also just spoke to him on the phone and he gave me some more options:) Great guy!.....Robert

Ntwotrance
05-20-2004, 07:38 PM
only use the simple green when all else fails, and be sure to use a vinyl/leather conditioner right afterwards....;)

hboldno7
05-20-2004, 07:41 PM
The Best thing I have found to clean your seat is the Orange hand cleaner, the stuff with a little grit in it. Just rub it in with your hand. It kicks ass on my trouble spots.

Ntwotrance
05-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by hboldno7
The Best thing I have found to clean your seat is the Orange hand cleaner, the stuff with a little grit in it. Just rub it in with your hand. It kicks ass on my trouble spots.
you have to be careful with that stuff around the seams/pipes and have to not rub to hard as it pits the material...but also works when all else fails....;)

cheezpanel
05-21-2004, 05:53 AM
It will start to fade and eventually go away. I was wearing new hawaiian print shorts about 6 wks ago...got up and saw my seat now had flowers stained into it. I put a towel on the seat everytime I drove it since, and you can't really see the stain now.