PDA

View Full Version : FORCE 29'-GREAT PRICE!!!

ONE 4 SPECTRA
03-04-2002, 01:49 PM
The 2002 Force 29 Is only $77,000.00 Comes stock witha 540. 87 mph. What do you think of these boats?

Mach26man
03-04-2002, 02:24 PM
Badass boats. I think I might get one.

bigq
03-04-2002, 04:02 PM
They do have a good price and they come loaded with all the goodies.Considering I was quoted 70k for a 22' with a 8.1 HO I would say a steal. Another good buy is the Ultra 247.

Hustler
03-04-2002, 04:11 PM
I was very impressed with the boats they had at the LA show, there quality has improved and I like that they give you the option on the seating arrangement. I think any other builder is going to be hard pressed to even come close to them on a price.
Hustler

BoatFloating
03-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Well if you want a splash of the Carrera 257 Effect just added 3' that's the boat. You wonder why they can sell a boat that cheap? No tooling over head. Carrera now has one of the Force 29' molds (legal agreement) and are working on it as we speak. I was pretty impressed by it at the show but I still have my questions with the whole Rayson/Force connection.
BF.....

roln 20s
03-04-2002, 11:32 PM
I'm not expert on this- but FORCEOFFSHORE is on this board and did answer all of these questions before. They may look similar- but according to Force they did all of the tooling themselves! They invite all who questions to come and look! Again- I am just passing along what FORCEOFFSHORE said in a post previous regarding this issue. I haven't been to the show yet, but I do remember them catching my attention at last years show!
Roln 20s

HavasuDreamin'
03-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Never heard or seen Force, but regarding splashing (not that I am suggesting they did) I believe all you have to do to make it legal is change 10% of the boat, top or bottom. This is the oldest trick in the book.

gimprvr
03-05-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by roln 20s:
I'm not expert on this- but FORCEOFFSHORE is on this board and did answer all of these questions before. They may look similar- but according to Force they did all of the tooling themselves! They invite all who questions to come and look! Again- I am just passing along what FORCEOFFSHORE said in a post previous regarding this issue. I haven't been to the show yet, but I do remember them catching my attention at last years show!
Roln 20s
Why ask Force, ask Carrera

BoatFloating
03-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Exactly, ask Carrera! Why would Force drop off at Carrera's shop the bottom mold of the 29'. It is sitting there.Carrera is tooling a new top and will have it out later this year. I know splashing is common but let the people be informed before they buy. Know what your buying and who really made thru real tooling.
BF....

Force Offshore
03-07-2002, 03:14 PM
This is Force Offshore once again responding to the Carrera issue. In reguards to Boat Floatings comments, we would like to invite you to our facility to show you our 39 V-Bottom and our 32 Cat that we are currently in the process of tooling. In reguards to anyone at Carrera Boats saying that they posess one of our molds, or that we have splashed any of there products, all of these aligations are incorrect. And as far as a lawsuit between Carrera and Force, there has never been one, but if alligations continue, there most definately will be one for slander. Thank You, Force Offshore Management

RiverDave
03-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Nice.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

bigq
03-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Well......their you have it. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/tongue/tongue02.gif

Jrocket
03-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Bahta Bing.....Bahta Boom.......

superdave013
03-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ONE 4 SPECTRA:
The 2002 Force 29 Is only $77,000.00 Comes stock witha 540. 87 mph. What do you think of these boats?
The person that told you 87 mph must be on crack or something. Look in this months "Hot Boat" page 54. They tested it with a 540 and it only went 78.3. They picked up REAL WELL or HB's radar was way off. We all know HBs radar is not that off.
Now I didn't make templets and compare the two boats but they look the same to me. Someone looks to have done some splashing.
[This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited March 07, 2002).]

BoatFloating
03-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Force Offshore:
This is Force Offshore once again responding to the Carrera issue. In reguards to Boat Floatings comments, we would like to invite you to our facility to show you our 39 V-Bottom and our 32 Cat that we are currently in the process of tooling. In reguards to anyone at Carrera Boats saying that they posess one of our molds, or that we have splashed any of there products, all of these aligations are incorrect. And as far as a lawsuit between Carrera and Force, there has never been one, but if alligations continue, there most definately will be one for slander. Thank You, Force Offshore Management
Let me first start by saying I don't work for Carrera (just owned 3 in 10 years and the way they treat you after you buy a boat makes you come back,great!) and the views of said BoatFloating in no way reflect that of the Owners of Carrera. Now with that legal crap said, who are you Johnnie Cochran? This is America and free speach is a right and thank our guy's and girl's (P.C.) who have fought for them. Here are the fact's as I know them (lawyer told me to state that). A law suit was avoided by an agreement of 2 parties. The agreement was to deliver said 29' mold to Carrera by a certain date. All I know was a 29' mold arrived at Carrera and it didn't fall out of the sky like Xm radio it came on a truck from another builder. So let's see what other builder has a 29'Cat that looks like the Carrera 257 Effect? YOU! So to ask me to come down and see your 39 V and your 32' Cat is not the point. You should of asked us down to see the splashing oops! I mean the tooling of the 29'. I'm sure you are like most builders and take pictures of you tooling process in different stages. Do us all a favor and put those pictures on the board and put this issue to rest. My theory ( lawyer ok'd) is this is how you can offer a 29' cat for at least $10,000 less than a similar size boat because you didn't have that big tooling cost. We all know it takes time and big bucks to tool a boat and to test to make sure it will work. Some spend a ton of money and they don't work, ask "Virage". It is cheaper to copy another hull and add a couple feet to it and call it boat "X". Now for your threat of a law suit. To prove slander you must show that the statment's I made were false and meant to harm your company,I'll let the boat test's do that! Keep in mind that I'm not bagging on your product but call the truth the truth. I saw the mold at Carrera and your boat at the show and boy they sure look alike! Do us all a favor at next boat show leave the Butt (Bud wamma be's) Girls home that worked your booth they didn't know crap about your product. The only thing they knew was how to work the tilt steeing wheel and we know why! I did see one customer ask if she could sit in open bow to see how she looked on the boat. Sell the product not the options.
BF......
BADA BOOM!!!!!!

bigq
03-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by superdave013:
Originally posted by ONE 4 SPECTRA:
The person that told you 87 mph must be on crack or something. Look in this months "Hot Boat" page 54. They tested it with a 540 and it only went 78.3. They picked up REAL WELL or HB's radar was way off. We all know HBs radar is not that off.
Now I didn't make templets and compare the two boats but they look the same to me. Someone looks to have done some splashing.
[This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited March 07, 2002).]
Was it the 540, i thought it was the 509 with 500 HP? I know the test that was in Powerboat was the 26 with a 509 and it went 78.4 MPH.
Wayne

superdave013
03-08-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by bigq:
Was it the 540, i thought it was the 509 with 500 HP? I know the test that was in Powerboat was the 26 with a 509 and it went 78.4 MPH.
Wayne
Look for yourself. I even gave you the page #.

bigq
03-08-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by superdave013:
Look for yourself. I even gave you the page #.
Superdave,
that is what it says, BTW, smartass. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

carreraboat
03-08-2002, 10:15 AM
very well said boatfloating

RiverDave
03-08-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating:
Let me first start by saying I don't work for Carrera (just owned 3 in 10 years and the way they treat you after you buy a boat makes you come back,great!) and the views of said BoatFloating in no way reflect that of the Owners of Carrera. Now with that legal crap said, who are you Johnnie Cochran? This is America and free speach is a right and thank our guy's and girl's (P.C.) who have fought for them. Here are the fact's as I know them (lawyer told me to state that). A law suit was avoided by an agreement of 2 parties. The agreement was to deliver said 29' mold to Carrera by a certain date. All I know was a 29' mold arrived at Carrera and it didn't fall out of the sky like Xm radio it came on a truck from another builder. So let's see what other builder has a 29'Cat that looks like the Carrera 257 Effect? YOU! So to ask me to come down and see your 39 V and your 32' Cat is not the point. You should of asked us down to see the splashing oops! I mean the tooling of the 29'. I'm sure you are like most builders and take pictures of you tooling process in different stages. Do us all a favor and put those pictures on the board and put this issue to rest. My theory ( lawyer ok'd) is this is how you can offer a 29' cat for at least $10,000 less than a similar size boat because you didn't have that big tooling cost. We all know it takes time and big bucks to tool a boat and to test to make sure it will work. Some spend a ton of money and they don't work, ask "Virage". It is cheaper to copy another hull and add a couple feet to it and call it boat "X". Now for your threat of a law suit. To prove slander you must show that the statment's I made were false and meant to harm your company,I'll let the boat test's do that! Keep in mind that I'm not bagging on your product but call the truth the truth. I saw the mold at Carrera and your boat at the show and boy they sure look alike! Do us all a favor at next boat show leave the Butt (Bud wamma be's) Girls home that worked your booth they didn't know crap about your product. The only thing they knew was how to work the tilt steeing wheel and we know why! I did see one customer ask if she could sit in open bow to see how she looked on the boat. Sell the product not the options.
BF......
BADA BOOM!!!!!!
Bada Bing! Double Nice.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
RD

Force Offshore
03-08-2002, 10:23 AM
Boat Floating, please have a little respect for our Force girls. Whats the issue with having girls in our booth when every other boat manufacture was doing the same thing. So if we affended you we appologize. If you have anything else to say I would be happy to talk to you at the show.
President of Sales
Dano
In reguards to our 540 package, we offer 3 different 540's. Our next article coming out in Fmily Performance Boating, the boat was tested at 86 MPH with a 540. Come see us at the LA boat show this weekend, stop by and say hi.
Force Offshore

gimprvr
03-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Kill em with kindness, not a bad strategy, play it cool. I can respect that

BoatFloating
03-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Force Offshore:
Boat Floating, please have a little respect for our Force girls. Whats the issue with having girls in our booth when every other boat manufacture was doing the same thing. So if we affended you we appologize. If you have anything else to say I would be happy to talk to you at the show.
President of Sales
Dano
In reguards to our 540 package, we offer 3 different 540's. Our next article coming out in Fmily Performance Boating, the boat was tested at 86 MPH with a 540. Come see us at the LA boat show this weekend, stop by and say hi.
Force Offshore
Dano,
Let's put this thread to rest. To respond to a couple of your topic's above. Do you guy's do anything that the other builders don't. Again you need a orignal idea like a splash stop copying everyone idea's. I was at show last Sat and Sunday, I didn't see girl's in Carrera's,Howard's Hallet's, Essex's and DCB's booth to name a few. Girl's don't offend me, I love them and they have their place (sorry ladies no offense meant)but eye candy at a boat show is deflecting from the product. If they are going to sell your product maybe they should know the product. What I mean about deflecting is just what you are doing now. My above post was a mile long about fact's of a splash and your response is only "leave the Force girl's alone". If that mold didn't come from you at Force, who's mold is it? Just answer that one question. If you say you don't know your not being honest. At last year's show other manafacture's came up to Carrera and pointed out that your boat bottom looked alot like Carrera's. I not sure if it was Anahiem or LA but it was one of those.
People will by your boat, it doesn't matter if it is a splash. You won't be the first and or the last to splash. Many boat builder's did it and even have no problem saying they did it. Being the President of Sales, if a customer came to you and asked if you copied Carrera's hull what would you tell them. If you told them no! then how could they beleive any thing else you tell them. This year when Carrera comes out with the 29' and I look at both of them at the show next year and they are exaxtly the same except for the top, will you still say no! Goodluck on your own tooled 39' V bottom and 32' Cat. This will tell us how well you tool your own boat's. If I'm wrong and you can show proof that you tooled your own 29' show it here and I'll eat crow. Until then just be honest.
BF.....
BADA BING!

HBjet
03-08-2002, 11:37 AM
Anyone like that 29' Force with the walk thru open bow that had the U shaped seating behind the drivers seat? That has got to be the best seating arrangement I've seen in the bigger cats. I don't care for the open bow, on any cat, just seems out of place. I also like the orange coated hardware, never seen that before. I must say, the Force team has made some very nice improvements since the show in Long Beach.
HBjet

Jrocket
03-08-2002, 04:45 PM
BF.....
BADA BING![/B]
Hey get your own material,this act is hard enough.HEHEHE.......JR
[This message has been edited by Jrocket (edited March 08, 2002).]

Charley
03-09-2002, 08:40 AM
posted 2/04-Charley, Sorry, but I am not affiliated with the Force boat company. I am just someone who is very interested in their product and have been very impressed by such a young company. Also if I do buy one of their boats I would like people who see me at the river to know what a quality boat I have.
The Doc.
IP: 198.81.16.24
posted 3/07-This is Force Offshore once again responding to the Carrera issue. In reguards to Boat Floatings comments, we would like to invite you to our facility to show you our 39 V-Bottom and our 32 Cat that we are currently in the process of tooling. In reguards to anyone at Carrera Boats saying that they posess one of our molds, or that we have splashed any of there products, all of these aligations are incorrect. And as far as a lawsuit between Carrera and Force, there has never been one, but if alligations continue, there most definately will be one for slander. Thank You, Force Offshore Management
So, now that Force Offshore's IP and Boat Doc's IP are an exact match can we put to bed that they are the same guy or at least on the same computer from the 26-28 cat hunt thread?

CSX4266
03-09-2002, 08:45 AM
I,like BoatFloating, have seen the the 29' Force mold at Carrera and know the entire truth of the story. BoatFloating, you are not alone. Why does Force continue not to tell the truth? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

shiznit
03-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Who really gives a shit if someone splashes someone elses hull. It's been going on for ever. All the top builders have stolen ideas from other hulls. I don't know why you people are taking it so personal when you don't even have any affiliation to either of the companies. Get over it and on with your lives. Just my .02
Peace out,
Shiznit

CSX4266
03-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Maybe some of us DO have an afilliation, one way or another. The plain fact is,"Don't lie about it"! Facts are facts.

33daytona
03-09-2002, 03:35 PM
i thought the girls where a nice touch at the show and the boats look awesome
as far as splashing look at the american offshore,howard,and some others i heard they wher splashed from talon?

gimprvr
03-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 33daytona:
i thought the girls where a nice touch at the show and the boats look awesome
as far as splashing look at the american offshore,howard,and some others i heard they wher splashed from talon?
The only difference is if you ask Howard they'll tell you it was a splash off a Talon. nobody really cares if it works and you can get it for a good price fine, However, nobody wants to be lied to in any situation that they are spending in the $100K range. it only begs the question, what else are they not telling me?

BoatFloating
03-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by shiznit:
Who really gives a shit if someone splashes someone elses hull. It's been going on for ever. All the top builders have stolen ideas from other hulls. I don't know why you people are taking it so personal when you don't even have any affiliation to either of the companies. Get over it and on with your lives. Just my .02
Peace out,
Shiznit
Hey my Shizly, you must give a shit because you posted an opinion and so did I and if nobody has an opinion then there is no chat boards, right? All I'm doing is listing facts. Not once did I say Force is a crap company or makes crap boats. These boards are used by boating people and people looking to buy boats and they should know what they are getting into. When you buy a boat you should know every thing about it. Howard has no problem in telling people that their cat is a splash. Like I said earlier splashes are common place. The only thing I'm saying is don't deceive your customers or the boating public that know the truth. As Charley (thank you) pointed out. Force and a guy claiming to be customer looking to buy a Force have the same computer address. Here is The Doc's quote.
posted 2/04-Charley, Sorry, but I am not affiliated with the Force boat company. I am just someone who is very interested in their product and have been very impressed by such a young company. Also if I do buy one of their boats I would like people who see me at the river to know what a quality boat I have.
The Doc.
It is nice to see that Force lets there potenial customers use their computer to stick up for them and promote their product. Again trying to deceive you and me. That is why I give a shit and I'm not trying to start it. Force deflects from the truth and people should see that. If Force came out and said yes we splashed Carrera 257 and we made it even better, that I could respect. This is not about a splash issue. I could really care less about that it happens all the time and it doesn't make the boat bad. What it is about IS THE TRUTH. Let's just start telling it!!!!
BF......
(defender of truth!) or at least what I know!
[This message has been edited by BoatFloating (edited March 11, 2002).]

future boater
03-11-2002, 12:59 PM
to me it really doesnt seem to matter, obviously it doesnt matter to carrera, maybe the two came to an agreement, maybe carrera said fine splash it as long as you give us a mold.
so if carrera didnt tool the 29 ft. SHOULDNT they be able to sell it for close to the same price, and if no why not?

Jrocket
03-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by future boater:
so if carrera didnt tool the 29 ft. SHOULDNT they be able to sell it for close to the same price, and if no why not?
That is a dam good question! I wonder what the price would be compared to the Force? This might get good......JR

bigq
03-11-2002, 02:13 PM
to me it really doesnt seem to matter, obviously it doesnt matter to carrera, maybe the two came to an agreement, maybe carrera said fine splash it as long as you give us a mold.
I have both price sheets at home but I believe the 257 Carrera and the 26' Force are both pretty competitive on the price, I think it was about 3K more for the Carrera for the 496HO setup. The custom motors all would depend on who was doing them.

Charley
03-11-2002, 02:45 PM
nicely put BF..hehehe

BoatFloating
03-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Charley:
nicely put BF..hehehe
No! Charley, Thank You for the detective work.
To repond future boater. You hit it right on the head. Carrera doesn't care and that agreement was reached as far as I know and there is a 29' mold sitting at Carrera that came from somebody?? The pricing issue. Carrera still needs tool a top for it which cost money in time and material. I know Carrera prices are pretty compeitive so that won't be a issue. They aren't the highest and not he lowest. I wouldn't say they would price it the same as the Force 29'. Could be less or more I'm not sure. If I were them I wouldn't try to sell it cheaper that just taints the Carrera name. There are some builders out there who build a cheaper boat and call it a different name more of a entry level boat. I'm not a big fan of that. The reason they to that I imagine is to not cheaping the main name. You don't see any of the long time builders doing that. I don't think Carrera will go that way with the 29' I've read these boards many of times before I started posting.I did it to get a feel of the info out there and hopefully add some helpful info to people not to stir the pot. So future boater I hope you will find some good and truthful info on these boards if you are looking for a new boat.it seems everyone has an opinion and that should help people in finding a nice ride. All I wish is that people would'nt have 2 or 3 user names and try to pump the product and then sell it under the same IP address. I have 2 IP addresses because I have the work and home computer versions. The thing that won't change is my user name. I sure wish they had them around when I was buying my last couple boats. The guys at Carrera have treated me great and I'm sure most builders do the same, it's just hard to leave a for sure thing. Kinda like my wife (just kiding honey). They say the best sales people are the current boat owners. I just wish they would pay me some commission.
BF....
defender of truth (except what I tell my wife) sorry honey!!!

future boater
03-11-2002, 05:09 PM
hi bf thanks for the response. i will get a boat when i can i have some priorities(hope thats rite) when i first started posting i was in more of a position to buy a boat then now.any ways i agree totally with your last post. no disagreements. thanks again

damchi
03-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Questions for BOATFLOATING,
I would like to ask you two questions or get your opinion about the 29' Force. You say that you are a fan of Carrera boats and enjoy yours. I understand that when you start off with one kind of boat you tend to stick with them. But I want to know if you were to do it differently would you consider the 29' Force. I'm asking because I am interested in three different boats the 27' Lavey cat, the 29' Force and the 27' Aftershock. After the boat show I was leaning towards 29' Force, but like you I want to know everything there is to know about them. The other question is about the balsa wood used in making the bottom half. I hear that you don't want wood flooring, cause it can warp and rot. I know that Lavey craft, Eliminator, and also Force use the balsa wood. What can you tell me?
In summary, would you buy a 29' Force and what can you tell me about balsa reinforcing.
thak you
damchi

BoatFloating
03-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by damchi:
Questions for BOATFLOATING,
I would like to ask you two questions or get your opinion about the 29' Force. You say that you are a fan of Carrera boats and enjoy yours. I understand that when you start off with one kind of boat you tend to stick with them. But I want to know if you were to do it differently would you consider the 29' Force. I'm asking because I am interested in three different boats the 27' Lavey cat, the 29' Force and the 27' Aftershock. After the boat show I was leaning towards 29' Force, but like you I want to know everything there is to know about them. The other question is about the balsa wood used in making the bottom half. I hear that you don't want wood flooring, cause it can warp and rot. I know that Lavey craft, Eliminator, and also Force use the balsa wood. What can you tell me?
In summary, would you buy a 29' Force and what can you tell me about balsa reinforcing.
thak you
damchi
Damchi, I thank you for asking my opinion. I'm not the expert but have owned 4 boats and you learn from every one to do something different. I'm sure there are guys and gals that could shed some more light in area's that I might not know. About the wood floor. Alot of builders are going to the full fiber glass inner liners and that to me is the only way to go now. My Carrera has one and I'll tell you it's great for clean up and over all longevity. I had a boat floor rot and it was just a pain in the ass to fix. As to the other companies that offer them other boat owners will be able to tell if there boat's come with it or not,it is a plus though. I think Eliminator is now doing them in all their cat's. As balsa wood goes they treat the wood and fiber glass them. The only time you have to worry about the rot is if you bring alot of water into the boat all the time and the carpet remains wet alot. Also the longer you own the boat the better your odds for wood rot.
I think anyone of the boats you named you would be happy with. You need to drive all of them with the same power package. The problem is you go out in a built Lavey and it rides great. Then you go out in a stock Shockwave with just a 496HO and think the boat is a dog, it's not apples to apples. One of the important things is how you are treated after you give them your money and take deliver. Again I can only speak for Carrera because that's what I've bought the last 3 times. So coming back tells you all you need to know. The bad part is you don't know until you've already paid your money, I'm sure some of the other guys on the board can give you feed back on other boat builders on how they were treated before and after. You know they treat like gold trying to get you to buy but how will they treat you when you have a problem. I can tell you from first hand knowledge. I have a good friend of mine that bought a 1997 boat used I won't say what company but it isn't any of the ones you are looking at. Anyways, it was still under the manufacture's warranty and it started to delaminate. He called the manufacture and told him the problem and they said tough luck you are the second owner. So I told him to do this. Call back and pretend to be someone looking to buy one of there boats and ask a bunch of questions, then ask about the warranty and if was transferable. Guess what there answer was? your right of coarse it is. Then my buddy dropped the hammer and said that was funny you told me it wasn't for my boat. The manufacture reluctantly said they would fix it. It took them 8 weeks and half assed the job. The morale of the story is he will never buy a new or used one of those boats again, because they don't stand behind their product and I think that is worth something. Like I said, people who own the boats you are looking at can answer your questions better than I can on the after sale. So I'm sure you will hear from those owners. I really do like the look that Lavey cat though it is sharp. I'll give the best piece of advice. If you have a wife you better ask her which one she wants. Because you can come here and complain all you want after you bought the boat and we can all not listen. You will have to listen to her all the time. Now if it's a girlfriend, don't worry about it. With one of those boat's you will have all girlfriends you need!!!! Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.
Hey boat owners help our man out with your feed back!
BF..... (defender of truth) except when in Havasu!

Blown Sleek
03-13-2002, 02:49 AM
My two cents. I just replaced my wood floor!!! I hated every bloody second!! Blood from my fingers,foot etc. I know coleman, Bayliner and glass tron all build boats that will outlast mine over and over! I have never had anyone look at a plastic boat over mine.(pride) the Lavy would be the only boat I could take pride in and I would take allot of pride in the fact they have been doing it right for many years and will for many more!!
Do the comunity a favor and step up to the plate! (I have never owned one nor do I know anyone from the factory or where it is at.) I just see them at the river and know them for what I see. Good luck see ya on the water.

Blown Sleek
03-13-2002, 03:10 AM
By the way my buddy just bought a Cougar as I told him to!! We did a test ride and it is as awesome as I told him!!The price was about the same as the Force but it is my oppinion the Cougar is the boat!! F.Y.I it seems the company messes around allot in the process of getting the boat from the mould to the warmer part of the continent but I suspect it will be worth it.

Blown Sleek
03-13-2002, 03:15 AM
Was the 540 built by a guy in Torance? What kind of warranty does it have? My budy's boat is not that fast as it has fully indestructible (as far as I am concerned) 496 mercruiser from (mercruiser) Also his is a bow rider.B.T.W You can build a few nice 540 in motors for the price of the mercruiser. I admit I have had a few problems with my super fast cheepo motors and there is something to be said for driving you'r boat back to the launch ramp!!
Have fun

gimprvr
03-13-2002, 11:54 AM
Posting at 3:15 am? What's up Sleek?

Blown Sleek
03-13-2002, 09:01 PM
Guess I can not sleep till summer is here!!
I ordered sun and glass for the weekend think it will be here? Going to run what ya brung?

RACE4GLORY
03-13-2002, 09:06 PM
I think that Carrera makes a much better boat than Force.
[This message has been edited by RACE4GLORY (edited March 16, 2002).]

RACE4GLORY
03-13-2002, 09:08 PM

RACE4GLORY
03-13-2002, 09:11 PM

Blown Sleek
03-13-2002, 09:11 PM
Well said!! I would pay the extra money for the Carerra and I have never eaven riden in one! I however did see some guys in a 29 Force at Parker last year and if the boat is as lacking in quality as the drivers and passengers were in experience we all have problems!!

bigq
03-13-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by RACE4GLORY:
The reason why force can supply the boat for such a cheap price is because they splashed Carrera. Actually Johnny Ray splashed Carrera's 257 Effect X and Brad over at Force took the mold from Johnny when they went their separate ways. You ask how I know that they splashed Carrera, I WAS IN THE SHOP WHEN JOHNNY RAY DE-RIGGED THE CARRERA AND FLIPPED IT UP SIDE DOWN!!! Not only did I see the boat up side down, but I watched the guys in Rayson-Craft lay glass over the bottom to make the mold. Yeah Right the Force bottom is not a Carrera!
Another reason why Force can sell their boats so cheap (besides being able to get a mold at 1/10 of the cost of tooling) is they make their boats like crap. They basically use a chopper gun (not exactly) but their laminate work is crap, they use cheap materials and they use 1/2 of the materials that Carrera does. Overall the Carrera is a much better boat!
Raceforglory,
wheather force splashed or not is one thing, but to come on and fling that shit around is another.First, if they were using half the material I think someone would notice, like maybe Powerboat mag or ***boat mag.Second, I have been to the factory twice, once when they just started producing the boats and from looking at the different stages the boats were in they don't appear to be lacking material anywhere.You must be pissed at Force for something and heard from someone about this discussion, then come on here and register today, and start bashing the company.I don't buy it for a second. Who do you work for Rayson Craft?

Charley
03-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Pissed off or not bigq....race4glory sure seems to have an opinion and some first hand accounts of the truth re: this unfolding situation. I personally think that is why the boards are important...TO PROVIDE EACH OTHER INFORMATION! So although he does sound a little emotionally involved I do appreciate his side of the story. Force has already shown me thier marketing strategy involves a higher degree of deception than I care for, So this board has helped me come to that conclusion..It's not an unforgiveable situation, most boat companies bend the truth on what thier boat will run with an HP500 in it, but until Force signs on to this board and tells the truth, and admits and apologizes for the deception then I'd say the marketing startegy has officially BACKFIRED. Just my .02

HAVASU DCB
03-14-2002, 11:38 AM
IS CARRERA PAYING EVERYONE. ANYWAY THE FORCE 29' IS A BAD ASS BOAT. AND IF IT IS THE SAME HULL AS CARRERA WHY WOULD ANYBODY BUY A CARRERA. IF THEY CAN GET ONE FOR A MUCH BETTER PRICE AND LONGER. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE HELP OF THE FORCE SALESGUY. I SPOKE TO HIM AT THE BOAT SHOW AND TOLD HIM I WANTED A BOAT THAT WOULD BEAT A NEW DCB. NOW I'M GETTING ONE OF THOSE ALSO BUT NOT QUITE SURE WHAT MOTOR YET. WORD OF THE WISE WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL SOMTHING DON'T PUT YOUR COMPETION DOWN FIRST. IT IS A TURN OFF. NOW I WILL NEVER BUY A CARRERA.

Craig
03-14-2002, 01:18 PM
I don't think Carrera was putting down Force, it was just some opinions here from other boaters. Charlie, didn't you race a couple of these Force boats last season on the river up from the Sandbar?
Craig

bigq
03-14-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by HAVASU DCB:
IS CARRERA PAYING EVERYONE. ANYWAY THE FORCE 29' IS A BAD ASS BOAT. AND IF IT IS THE SAME HULL AS CARRERA WHY WOULD ANYBODY BUY A CARRERA. IF THEY CAN GET ONE FOR A MUCH BETTER PRICE AND LONGER. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE HELP OF THE FORCE SALESGUY. I SPOKE TO HIM AT THE BOAT SHOW AND TOLD HIM I WANTED A BOAT THAT WOULD BEAT A NEW DCB. NOW I'M GETTING ONE OF THOSE ALSO BUT NOT QUITE SURE WHAT MOTOR YET. WORD OF THE WISE WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL SOMTHING DON'T PUT YOUR COMPETION DOWN FIRST. IT IS A TURN OFF. NOW I WILL NEVER BUY A CARRERA.
I don't see anywhere Carrara was ripping Force or visa vera. The price difference is not that huge, on the 26' anyway, for a decision between them. Personally I like the looks and build of the Carrera better and they have been a round a while, that to me would be a better buy, but to each his own. The Force is a good looking boat and the rigging is very clean.Even for a splash. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy28.gif

bigq
03-14-2002, 04:15 PM
Pissed off or not bigq....race4glory sure seems to have an opinion and some first hand accounts of the truth re: this unfolding situation. I personally think that is why the boards are important...TO PROVIDE EACH OTHER INFORMATION! So although he does sound a little emotionally involved I do appreciate his side of the story. Force has already shown me thier marketing strategy involves a higher degree of deception than I care for, So this board has helped me come to that conclusion..It's not an unforgiveable situation, most boat companies bend the truth on what thier boat will run with an HP500 in it, but until Force signs on to this board and tells the truth, and admits and apologizes for the deception then I'd say the marketing startegy has officially BACKFIRED. Just my .02
Charley,
I agree 100% about the boards. I am looking for a boat now and people on the board give great information, but to me this guy had another agenda besides just Force being a splash. Maybe I am wrong, but I just don't believe Force is building them the way he says and what he said is far worse than just splashing a hull.Just my opinion.

RUN2RIVER
03-14-2002, 05:29 PM
In response to Havasu DCB's comment about why would anyone buy a Carrera over a Force if they both have the same bottom and Force is much cheaper... The answer is simple because we each have a different opinion of what looks good and is practical. I would not want a 29' cat because of tight dock spaces and drivability in tight areas. The 25-26 is for me. I also have noticed that if (and I say IF) the Force is a splash they have placed the weight too far forward on the deck. I was at Elsinore last weekend and a Force cat was there. They were not able to get it to kick back and ride on the back of the boat. The boat looked like it was trying to dig a hole in the water. I don't know if it is driver error, but there was a Carrera at the lake and I noticed that the driver/passenger area on the Force extends aproximately 3-4' farther forward on the boat. This could put a significant amount of weight farther forward. If they are the same bottom then this could cause the hydrodynamics to not function properly and do this digging ride. Another reason why I would buy a Carrera over the Force is because I DO NOT like the center throttle pod between the driver and passenger. I like being set off to the side and driving. Basically it comes down to personal opinion as always.

playdeep
03-14-2002, 08:01 PM
Just wondering? What if Force becomes a major player in the tunnel boat market?.Some boat builder wanna be is going to see thier success and try to emulate it.Splash a proven hull design forego tooling costs sell it cheaper.They learn from Forces mistake and not leave a smoking gun (the mold) out in broad daylight.Whos next DCB,ELIMINATOR?

boatnam2
03-14-2002, 08:33 PM
run2rivr,i haven't seen a force on the water but today while visiting my favorite spot the shitter i was looking at the force ad and thinking the same thing.the back seat area is really foward.on my american offshore if you were seating in the back seat with your feet sticking straight you couldnt touch the front seats.this made the boat very light in front and not much touching when you were haling ass.but when i would put a few more people in(sitting up front on ice chest between front seats)the boat really acted different.like there was to much boat in the water and drove different.

Blown Sleek
03-14-2002, 09:16 PM
About the being paid by Carerra. I wish they would just discount one so I could drive it!
Anyone hear anything about Commander 26/28? I really like the looks but what about the important stuff?

fat cat
03-14-2002, 09:55 PM
Hey Paul I mean Boatfloat your doing a great job for Force keep up the good work negativity sells

boatnam2
03-14-2002, 10:01 PM
i drive by there showromm everyday on the way to work.there cat looks cool.haven't seen one on the water yet.

Blown Sleek
03-14-2002, 10:46 PM
Very sadly you are right Negativity is still advertising. And the iladvised will just recognize the name but who would want Monica Lewinski? They will always know they have a ...... Well ya know.L.M.A.O.

RUN2RIVER
03-14-2002, 11:02 PM
I don't know if the reason why the Force cat runs so bow heavy is because of the weight moving forward or if it is because of driver error. I have not ridden in one or driven one, but they do look like they are nose diving in the water. In response to the Commander cat, the person who tooled up the Carrera also tooled up the Commander cat. Commander then went to Great American Concepts for work on the bottom. From what I hear it is a very stable boat at speed. I have never ridden in a Commander, but from racing them on the water, the hull is not a "fast" hull. This can be good if it is going to be used as a family boat or a first boat. Stable boats are much easier to control and safer. The one downside that I do see in Commander is that they use Volvo as their premier power source. I personally will take Mercruiser over Volvo. That is just personal opinion.

boatnam2
03-15-2002, 12:43 AM
that and the built in swim step dont look very good.

fat cat
03-15-2002, 08:07 AM
As a boat Dealer myself for the last 25 years I can tell you nobody likes the new kid on the block. I remember when a few other boat builders came out on the market and they were put down or wild accusations were made about them. Some of those very manufactures are very popular today.I.E. Eliminator, DCB, Fountain, Spectra, Shiada Time will tell us if Force will be a major player in the industry. Your negative comments will not. Be carful what you say today you may be eating those words tomorrow
Fat Cat
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 15, 2002).]

gimprvr
03-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by fat cat:
Be carful what you say today you may be eating thoose words tomarrow
Fat Cat[/B]
Which law school did you go to? "Tomarrow"? Comedy hour has just begun!!!!!

gimprvr
03-15-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by gimprvr:
Which law school did you go to? "Tomarrow"? Comedy hour has just begun!!!!!
oops!!

Charley
03-15-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Craig:
I don't think Carrera was putting down Force, it was just some opinions here from other boaters. Charlie, didn't you race a couple of these Force boats last season on the river up from the Sandbar?
Craig
Why yes Craig I did...hehehe....care to know the results?

Jrocket
03-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Why yes Craig I did...hehehe....care to know the results?
And what are they?...JR

fat cat
03-15-2002, 07:46 PM
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 16, 2002).]

Jrocket
03-15-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by fat cat:
Gimpy,
What are you smoking you little computer nerd.Tomarrow? What does that mean? When you sober up re-read my posting.
Fat Cat
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 15, 2002).]
What that means is that you can't spell the word "Tomorrow" very well.You can fix the post but not the quotes.......JR

playdeep
03-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Run2river,Have you read the new Commander add in Hot Boat?,I am suprised no one has made mention of thier claims.Is it because no one takes them seriously as a player in the tunnel boat market or because nobody cares.There was a Commander cat in the parking lot @ our hotel in Havasu last summer damn thing had a Volvo duo-prop hanging off of the back....

Craig
03-16-2002, 06:29 AM
Charley if I recall, you race the 26 and the 29 and beat them both. I think you then had an MSD box fail. The guy in the 26 was cool enough to stop and render some assistance, but the 29 went by first without even a look. Do I recall correctly http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Craig
PS, got your e-mail, T liked it as well!

RUN2RIVER
03-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Playdeep, I do not believe that people do take commander seriously in the tunnel market. A lot of bad rumors have circulated around the industry and not only that, they really havent put out any show pieces. The bad rumors came from initial failed attempts to compete with the top tunnel brands as soon as their cat was introduced. I remember one of the first cats that they produced was with an 800 sc and a #5 speedmaster drive. The customer paid over 120k for the boat and when it hit the water all that it ran was 85-90. The boat was a pig. That hurt their rep. a lot. Since then they have changed their bottom, but to what extent I don't know. But who here can name one article in ***boat (besides a test) with a commander cat. Basically their advertisising is not very public and that hurts. As long as you can see what the company CAN do, it gives you assurance that your boat will turn out fine.

gimprvr
03-18-2002, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jrocket:
[B] What that means is that you can't spell the word "Tomorrow" very well.You can fix the post but not the quotes.......JR
[This message has been edited by gimprvr (edited March 18, 2002).]

gimprvr
03-18-2002, 10:07 AM
[B] What that means is that you can't spell the word "Tomorrow" very well.You can fix the post but not the quotes.......JR
- Jrocket
Thanks for picking me up
It's funny Because FatCat says he is a boatbuilder (25+ years) and an attorney
I guess neither one have been lucrative enough to commit full time to it. Which is it Fat Cat?
Don't come on here and start trying to roast me. You'll get spanked. This board is for the user community not the Lawyers.
And if you're intersted in litigation bring it on. I'd love to see you burry yopurself trying to win this one.

Charley
03-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Charley if I recall, you race the 26 and the 29 and beat them both. I think you then had an MSD box fail. The guy in the 26 was cool enough to stop and render some assistance, but the 29 went by first without even a look. Do I recall correctly http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Craig
PS, got your e-mail, T liked it as well!
Well actually I did race (3) Forces (1) 29' cat and a couple of thier V bottoms.... One was owned by the owner of Force and supposedly running 1000+ HP... sorry to say they "Forced" me to pull away 3 times in a row before my 4th time out in front, when my MSD box gave way ... the guy who owned the 29' Cat (his name was Frank) was extremely cool , turned around and ended up towing me in....Thanks again Frank, if you are on this board your a stand up guy, although my wallet hurt after filling your tanks at Topock hahaha....

spectras only
03-18-2002, 03:20 PM
although my wallet hurt after filling your tanks at Topock hahaha....Did he accept money from you for towing ? Not very seamanship like http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif,however you beat him and it was a good gesture to stop and help you!

Jrocket
03-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Well actually I did race (3) Forces (1) 29' cat and a couple of thier V bottoms.... One was owned by the owner of Force and supposedly running 1000+ HP
UH what?.First off Force only makes a 26 or a 29 CAT.NO v-bottoms at all.So with that bull out of the way.What color was the owners boat that you raced?They have only had one boat to date that has made any sort of HP and it was only about 900 at the most.So what was the color of the owners boat?.............JR

future boater
03-18-2002, 04:07 PM
gimprvr i think that fastcats is the owner of american offshore. not positve though....

Hustler
03-18-2002, 04:15 PM
FB, I think you are confused about FAT CAT not FastCats, Fastcats(scott) is the owner of AO (or something like that) and would not come on here talking like FAT CAT.
Hustler

ratso
03-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Maybe Charley got confused. It was probably the outboard motor that said FORCE on it. Maybe that is how he outran them. Anybody ever outrun a Tohatsu?

future boater
03-18-2002, 04:29 PM
thanks hustler i didnt even think to check it.

gimprvr
03-18-2002, 04:49 PM
gimprvr i think that fastcats is the owner of american offshore. not positve though....
Your right Future boater, but the post was made by FAT CAT. I have had plenty of Dialog with FastCat, he is a real stand up guy, always willing to help when possible. A real asset to the boards.
[This message has been edited by gimprvr (edited March 18, 2002).]

Craig
03-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ratso:
Maybe Charley got confused. It was probably the outboard motor that said FORCE on it. Maybe that is how he outran them. Anybody ever outrun a Tohatsu?
Whoa, that one hurt http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Charlies DCB runs great thouogh. He took me for a good ride in Havasu at 103mph. Nice and smooth. Of course my better half was off to our port in our boat when she was making her first 100 mph run as a driver. She hit 100.1 and was jazzed the rest of the weekend http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Craig

ratso
03-18-2002, 07:12 PM
Sorry Charley...Just Joking...103mph? Hell, You'll Outrun Me Too. I'm Still 2mph From Triple Digits!

Charley
03-18-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket:
UH what?.First off Force only makes a 26 or a 29 CAT.NO v-bottoms at all.So with that bull out of the way.What color was the owners boat that you raced?They have only had one boat to date that has made any sort of HP and it was only about 900 at the most.So what was the color of the owners boat?.............JR
J rocket since you wanna call BS, I'll tell ya what I remember. I honestly don't remember the exact color of the boat cause he was behind me most of the time<wink>... I do remember the boat was a V and it did say in very large lettering "Force offshore" on the side.... when Frank (the guy in the 29' cat) came back to see why I had stopped, he said that the owner of Force was on one of the V's I was racing.... I also remember him (the owner) taking a couple of pictures cause a DCB was getting towed by one of his Force's ... Ya Ya that parts funny hehehe... If Force never made a V then it's odd that it had " Force Offshore " written on the side...but I guess that's possible...so let me re-phrase for you so you dont call me a BS-er... I raced 3 boats that day from the sand bar...a force 29' cat, and what I thought were (2) Force V bottoms one of which said "Force offshore" on it..... The outcome from the above post is accurate... by the way "Force offshore" V bottoms was running in the mid 90's so I'm guessing the 1000+ hp was pretty close.....It ran very well....

Charley
03-18-2002, 08:52 PM
J rocket since you wanna call BS, I'll tell ya what I remember. I honestly don't remember the exact color of the boat cause he was behind me most of the time<wink>... I do remember the boat was a V and it did say in very large lettering "Force offshore" on the side.... when Frank (the guy in the 29' cat) came back to see why I had stopped, he said that the owner of Force was on one of the V's I was racing.... I also remember him (the owner) taking a couple of pictures cause a DCB was getting towed by one of his Force's ... Ya Ya that parts funny hehehe... If Force never made a V then it's odd that it had " Force Offshore " written on the side...but I guess that's possible...so let me re-phrase for you so you dont call me a BS-er... I raced 3 boats that day from the sand bar...a force 29' cat, and what I thought were (2) Force V bottoms one of which said "Force offshore" on it..... The outcome from the above post is accurate... by the way "Force offshore" V bottoms was running in the mid 90's so I'm guessing the 1000+ hp was pretty close.....It ran very well....

Jrocket
03-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Well Charley,Im not hear to argue with anybody.You just have some missled info.Yes there is a V-bottom that says Force Offshore on the side.It is not a Force Offshore though.It is a Rayson Craft 27'and it has around 550 to 650 HP aspirated motor in it.As far as I remember.Forces doesnt make any V-bottoms yet.The owner of Force may have been in that V-bottom at the time,but he is not the owner of the V-bottom.Do ya follow me? As for Franks boat,would that be the grey and orange one? Too be honest with ya,until just recently I think the fastest cat they have had would be the 29' with the blown 526 motor and it ran about 107 or so.There was four of us in it,me being one of them.Most of the 29's just run small HP aspirated motors.Theres noy alot of fast built one's.So beating one isnt much of a hard thing to do.Dont get me wrong,Im not down playing you or DCB.I was going to buy a DCB last month myself.It sounds as if you have a fast DCB your self.Im just saying tell the story a little clearer.Or Ill tell everyone I beat your DCB with my trolling motor......HEHEHE.........JR

Charley
03-18-2002, 09:39 PM
No worries JR! I hear ya man, Im all about fun at the river....Franks boat from what I remember was white with an orange/ yellow flame Paint Job.... he said he had it painted, not part of the gel-coat. He was running a NA 540, I wanna say like 600-650 hp?..He was still dialing it in ... Frank REALLY saved my ass that day I had my wife and baby daycamping on a beach that we got to by boat.... he towed my boat to Topock and he totally ran me back to get them.... Really cool younger guy, said he built cell phone sites I think? ring a bell?>

Charley
03-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Whoa, that one hurt http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Charlies DCB runs great thouogh. He took me for a good ride in Havasu at 103mph. Nice and smooth. Of course my better half was off to our port in our boat when she was making her first 100 mph run as a driver. She hit 100.1 and was jazzed the rest of the weekend http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Craig
Ya Craig I couldn't help but notice you seemed a bit nervous.... you were looking over at your future wife driving your boat in the triple digits.... hmm Or maybe it was my DCB's unstable ride? hehehe

Charley
03-18-2002, 10:00 PM
No worries JR! I hear ya man, Im all about fun at the river....Franks boat from what I remember was white with an orange/ yellow flame Paint Job.... he said he had it painted, not part of the gel-coat. He was running a NA 540, I wanna say like 600-650 hp?..He was still dialing it in ... Frank REALLY saved my ass that day I had my wife and baby daycamping on a beach that we got to by boat.... he towed my boat to Topock and he totally ran me back to get them.... Really cool younger guy, said he built cell phone sites I think? ring a bell?>

BoatFloating
03-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by HAVASU DCB:
Wow! are you off base.
If you think a Force would beat a DCB that sales person at Force is better than I thought. Nobody here called Force crap they just gave their oppinion, and you can choose to agree or disagree and that's your choice. All I can say is you bought a Carrera, it's called the 29' Force. I own a Carrera and I would have a hard time going to Carrera and saying build me a boat that beats a DCB. I think they would be honest and say that we both build nice boats. Good luck Havasu DCB you got alot to learn (the hard way).Force is the one trying to deceive you. When you break down don't expect a Carrera or a DCB to pull ya in. P.S. take the caps off the G.I. Joe computer.
BF.......
[This message has been edited by BoatFloating (edited March 19, 2002).]

BoatFloating
03-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Charley, your not wrong. Force instead of splashing boats because that got noticed they now just buy some other Manufactures boat and stick their name on it. Since I don't want to get sued by Force (he,he,ho,ho) here is the legal stuff.
The above could be true or not. The oppinion stated above is just that. I still haven't talked crap about the boat yet. But that will come if people start calling me out. Then you will see the "Force" unleashed. And I'm not Paul. Charley give em' hell.
BF.........

BoatFloating
03-19-2002, 04:55 PM
The Doc.
posted 3/07-This is Force Offshore once again responding to the Carrera issue. In reguards to Boat Floatings comments, we would like to invite you to our facility to show you our 39 V-Bottom and our 32 Cat that we are currently in the process of tooling. In reguards to anyone at Carrera Boats saying that they posess one of our molds, or that we have splashed any of there products, all of these aligations are incorrect. And as far as a lawsuit between Carrera and Force, there has never been one, but if alligations continue, there most definately will be one for slander. Thank You, Force Offshore Management
So, now that Force Offshore's IP and Boat Doc's IP are an exact match can we put to bed that they are the same guy or at least on the same computer from the 26-28 cat hunt thread?
Charley, do a little detective work for me.
See if Jrocket,The Doc and Force offshore are using the same computer IP address.
Just curious minds want to know!!!!
BF......

Charley
03-19-2002, 08:17 PM
Charley, do a little detective work for me.
See if Jrocket,The Doc and Force offshore are using the same computer IP address.
Just curious minds want to know!!!!
BF......
It is pretty close so it's possible:
JROCKET
IP: 198.81.16.187
IP: 198.81.17.168
IP: 198.81.16.58
IP: 198.81.16.56
IP: 198.81.17.54
IP: 198.81.16.179
IP: 198.81.16.54
IP: 198.81.16.51
IP: 198.81.16.152
IP: 198.81.17.169
But to be honest he doesn't sound like the same guy in his posts...just my opinion... jRocket are you the Doc?

BoatFloating
03-19-2002, 09:19 PM
Charley, you amaze me. Your like a frick'n Dick Tracy. Thanks,you the man....
Now for a another question and it will be nice to change the subject. I saw your boat and she sure looks sweet. The question for you is you have the XR drive and running 850 Hp. Any problems? I'm not running nearly that many ponies but it's not stock and I'm running the XZ. Which if I'm not mistaken are the same except the XR I think has the straight gears. Did you give any thought to the B-Max.Thanks again,
BF......
Defender of truth (with a little help from Charley)
[This message has been edited by BoatFloating (edited March 19, 2002).]

bigq
03-19-2002, 09:48 PM
JROCKET
But to be honest he doesn't sound like the same guy in his posts...just my opinion... jRocket are you the Doc?
That block of IP numbers, 198.81 , appears to be from AOL. They could just live in areas close to each other since it would be a DHCP IP from AOL.I would assume AOL would give a block of IP numbers to proxies based on a geo area.Those numbers are from a proxy in virgina, at least that's as far as I can get.Is this to much time on my hands?

Charley
03-19-2002, 09:52 PM
Im sure you are right....and yes you do! .... and If I didn't have the job I have now I think i'd be a detective, hehehe its just damn Fun

Jrocket
03-19-2002, 09:56 PM
JROCKET
Charley..Ya got me laughing hard.You went out of your way to check into this...HAHAHA..I see your point about the need to know,but I am NOT the Doc.I am only me.I dont have a reason to lie about anything here.I HONESTLY dont even know who does the posting for Force.Like I said before,I know some of the guys that work there.Ive only met the owner,Brad once.I dont think he said but maybe 5 words to me.I couldnt pick him out in a crowd if I had to.Anyway,BF you need to do your own investigating.Quit making Charley be Magnum P.I. HEHEHE..I have read alot of the posts nocking on Force and their ways they do buisness,but I dont have any obligation to fight for them.I dont work there.I DO beleive that my friends that do work there take alot of pride in their work.They want to make quality boats.Who doesnt right?So Ill let who ever is posting for Force fight their own battles!If you guys still dont beleive me,well...HAHAHA...I dont really care anyhow...
BTW...Charley,what does your boat look like?Is it a Mach26 with red and grey stripes? Or what?.............JR

Jrocket
03-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Hey BQ...I do have AOL.How do you find out stuff like that.Just like ya said....Too much time on your hands?.......JR

bigq
03-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Hey BQ...I do have AOL.How do you find out stuff like that.Just like ya said....Too much time on your hands?.......JR
JR,
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you,LOL. lets just say I work with some computer stuff. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy11.gif
[This message has been edited by bigq (edited March 19, 2002).]

Jrocket
03-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by bigq:
JR,
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you,LOL. lets just say I work with some computer stuff. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy11.gif
Well..Well..Network engineer ehhh.So youve got ways of spying on me? Im's a thinking you got connection eh?.......JR http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared01.gif

BoatFloating
03-20-2002, 08:09 AM
Charley..Ya got me laughing hard.You went out of your way to check into this...HAHAHA..I see your point about the need to know,but I am NOT the Doc.I am only me.I dont have a reason to lie about anything here.I HONESTLY dont even know who does the posting for Force.Like I said before,I know some of the guys that work there.Ive only met the owner,Brad once.I dont think he said but maybe 5 words to me.I couldnt pick him out in a crowd if I had to.Anyway,BF you need to do your own investigating.Quit making Charley be Magnum P.I. HEHEHE..I have read alot of the posts nocking on Force and their ways they do buisness,but I dont have any obligation to fight for them.I dont work there.I DO beleive that my friends that do work there take alot of pride in their work.They want to make quality boats.Who doesnt right?So Ill let who ever is posting for Force fight their own battles!If you guys still dont beleive me,well...HAHAHA...I dont really care anyhow...
BTW...Charley,what does your boat look like?Is it a Mach26 with red and grey stripes? Or what?.............JR
JR,
You are right I need to do my own detective work from now on. Charly is so damn good at it, and what's wrong with Magnum P.I. I'll tell ya this thread has ran it's coarse. It even spawned a bad spin off called Carrera vs Force. Just like Happy Days spawned Arnold's Place. I never bagged on the Force boats. You can see my previous post below and I even said I was impressed by it at the show.
"Well if you want a splash of the Carrera 257 Effect just added 3' that's the boat. You wonder why they can sell a boat that cheap? No tooling over head. Carrera now has one of the Force 29' molds (legal agreement) and are working on it as we speak. I was pretty impressed by it at the show but I still have my questions with the whole Rayson/Force connection."
BF.....
Then someone from Force came out and said they would sue and so on!!!
I won't rehash the rest after that. But I never once said the boat was crap, just questioned on how it was made and by who. I've also made friends over the years with the people at Carrera including the owner and not once have they talked bad about any boat manufactures. I will on these boards tell what I know and only offer help if I only know it will be helpful and only if it is something I think I know. I've owned 4 boats and hopefully I can offer help to people buying their first or on the boat they own now. So JR I have no beef with you or the hard workers at Force. We are all here to have fun and with the temp. going to be 80+ at Havasu this weekend I think we will have alot lesss time on our hand... Can I get a Amen!!!! See ya at the lake and we will talk about the more important issues, like are those real or fake!
BF.....
Defender of truth ( at least thru this weekend, then you guys are on your own..)

MrHavasuCat
03-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Well to add to the conversation, I have talked to JROCKET on the phone and I know charley. Both are good people in my opinion. I think you guys just had a misunderstanding. I hope to see both of you guys at Havasu soon.
BTW: Charley owns a very nice Mach 26 with purple and yellow gel on a white boat. He is also running a bad ass quad rotor Teague 509.

Jrocket
03-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Whoa.......I dont have any problems with Charley or BF or anybody.Everyone has their own opinion.I actually like to hear everyones side of the story.I got to admit ol Charley is quite a detective.Coming up with all the I.P. numbers must take a minute or two.Hopefully he cant pull up my driving record,then he would have something on me.Oh well,maybe we can all get together at Havasu for some more BSing and some beer. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy45.gif
MrHavasuCat...Whats new my friend?Im still a little bitter about losing the deal on your old boat.Some guy rolled in out of know where and bought it.Nothing I could do.I should of put my deposit down when I was there.Oh well.So ol Charley's got a quad rotor set up I hear? Sounds like a real sweet ride.I saw one run on the dyno at Gary Teagues last Saturday,very impressive.One of those in a Schiada would do me just fine.Do ya have any idea when your first trip is?.Talk at ya later.......JR http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping31.gif

BoatFloating
03-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Whoa.......I dont have any problems with Charley or BF or anybody.Everyone has their own opinion.I actually like to hear everyones side of the story.I got to admit ol Charley is quite a detective.Coming up with all the I.P. numbers must take a minute or two.Hopefully he cant pull up my driving record,then he would have something on me.Oh well,maybe we can all get together at Havasu for some more BSing and some beer. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy45.gif
MrHavasuCat...Whats new my friend?Im still a little bitter about losing the deal on your old boat.Some guy rolled in out of know where and bought it.Nothing I could do.I should of put my deposit down when I was there.Oh well.So ol Charley's got a quad rotor set up I hear? Sounds like a real sweet ride.I saw one run on the dyno at Gary Teagues last Saturday,very impressive.One of those in a Schiada would do me just fine.Do ya have any idea when your first trip is?.Talk at ya later.......JR http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping31.gif
JR, I think you took my post wrong and I was saying we are just having fun and you never said anything wrong to me. I've read your posts and they are just being honest. So don't take my last post wrong. I was just trying to put this thread to rest. So hopefully it's asleep. I'll be up in Havasu Easter weekend if anyone else is going to be there maybe we can throw one or two down.
BF....

Jrocket
03-20-2002, 09:54 PM
JR, I think you took my post wrong and I was saying we are just having fun and you never said anything wrong to me. I've read your posts and they are just being honest. So don't take my last post wrong. I was just trying to put this thread to rest. So hopefully it's asleep. I'll be up in Havasu Easter weekend if anyone else is going to be there maybe we can throw one or two down.
BF....
Hey BF...Easter weekend sounds good to me.What does your boat look like.Ill look ya up.JR
[This message has been edited by Jrocket (edited March 20, 2002).]

Charley
03-21-2002, 08:27 AM
Yo JR...I hope you realize i'm not looking to start crap either...in fact I was the one saying I didn't think you were boat doc, In fact I have a feeling we will never hear from "THE DOC" again....just a hunch
Yes I do have a Teague 509 witha quad rotor. It was actually the first quad Bob had ever done. Although it's tame at 7.5 lbs of boost it still makes 848hp....I really got lucky to hook up with dustin from whipple...he made me a special deal on a quad so that Teague could try one/ bob was impressed by the Hp it made at boost and even more so at it's idling characteristics... by the way your IP lookup only took my like 3 minutes hehehe...SEE YA AT THE RIVER JR... Chris how have you been btw?

MrHavasuCat
03-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Hey Charley I am just taking life one day at a time. I can't wait for the first trip out to Havasu. I will see you out there soon I hope.
JR,
Ya that is a bummer you lost out on the boat, I heard it is going back east. I was looking forward to seeing you in it at Havasu.
I think Our first trip will be the AHBA poker run in april. The renters will be out of the house on the 15th so we will be good to go. I have some work to do on the boat to get it ready. I pulled it out of the garage last weekend and fired it up on the hose, I missed the sound of the blower motor and now I can't wait for Havasu. Later..Chris.

BoatFloating
03-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Hey BF...Easter weekend sounds good to me.What does your boat look like.Ill look ya up.JR
[This message has been edited by Jrocket (edited March 20, 2002).]
I have a Carrera (shock) Party Effect Red and Blue flames. We should be in channel area or Copper Canyon. The Sand Bar is too F'ing cold this time of year.
C-ya
BF.....

fat cat
03-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by gimprvr:
- Jrocket
Thanks for picking me up
It's funny Because FatCat says he is a boatbuilder (25+ years) and an attorney
I guess neither one have been lucrative enough to commit full time to it. Which is it Fat Cat?
Don't come on here and start trying to roast me. You'll get spanked. This board is for the user community not the Lawyers.
And if you're intersted in litigation bring it on. I'd love to see you burry yopurself trying to win this one.
Hey pill maker how does one burry yopurself. Your right comedy hour has begun.
Oh, and last but not least if you want to know how to spell intersted its interested. You shouldn't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.
F.C.
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 29, 2002).]

gimprvr
03-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Hey pill maker how does one burry yopurself. Your right comedy hour has begun.
Oh, and last but not least if you want to know how to spell intersted its interested. You shouldn't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.
F.C.
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 29, 2002).][/B][/QUOTE]
Hey Fat Cat, you got me on that one! I was laughing so hard when I replied that I made a mistake.
You know, I really don't want to start arguing over the internet, it's just when you come on the board as a new poster and spout crap that is most likely not true(Boat Builder and Lawyer) you've got to expect some feedback that calls it like it is. Don't make 1 post and tell everyone what an athority you are in Litigation and boat building it makes you look stupid. Wait until your part of the group before you start to brag.
If you are a boat Builder and a Lawyer, what kind of law do you practice and what brand of boat do you build?

fat cat
03-31-2002, 02:31 PM
Gimprvr,
In hind site I should have just posted my opinion instead I posted both my occupation and opinion. I did not realize that you can look up a profile on someone until after my posting. The bottom line is this. It doesn't matter much if you misspell a word or two. One should just reply or not reply on the comments and opinions of the posting.
The point I was trying to make in my first posting was that nobody likes new competition. Whether its in the boat building industry the airline industry or any industry for that matter. Time will tell us if Force is a Econo Jet or an American Airlines.
Finally, if you are truely interested in what I do for a living I will e-mail that to you at Biotech. After realizing how brutal you guys are I would prefer to remain somewhat anonymous.
F.C.
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 29, 2002).][/b][/QUOTE]
Hey Fat Cat, you got me on that one! I was laughing so hard when I replied that I made a mistake.
You know, I really don't want to start arguing over the internet, it's just when you come on the board as a new poster and spout crap that is most likely not true(Boat Builder and Lawyer) you've got to expect some feedback that calls it like it is. Don't make 1 post and tell everyone what an athority you are in Litigation and boat building it makes you look stupid. Wait until your part of the group before you start to brag.
If you are a boat Builder and a Lawyer, what kind of law do you practice and what brand of boat do you build? [/B][/QUOTE]
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 31, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by fat cat (edited March 31, 2002).]

Blown Sleek
03-31-2002, 08:41 PM
Well boy's I gotta say! I feel for the new poster cause I got my butt chewed real good in the first hour! I just did not put down all the cards and they all cought it! I have now met in person a few of the boys and with no exception they are all darn cool. As for Force and the crew you know my o2. (we all earn our own reputation) My boat has issues as does Force. Hope we both fix those issues cause if we do not I will be buying a bay liner hiding it in the weeds and rowing over in the Daffy Duck canoe!

Blown Sleek
03-31-2002, 08:42 PM
As for the origional thread. The Force comes stock with a 540. Yah and who put it together!! I know!!!