PDA

View Full Version : Overly Sensitive Minorities Suck.

LASERRAY
05-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Tecate Beer to Pull Ads Offensive To Some Hispanics.
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The U.S. distributor of Tecate beer says it will pull billboard ads next month that were decried by some Hispanic lawmakers and community activists as offensive.
The billboards, meant to publicize that the brand was being sold in a bottle, feature a leaning Tecate beer bottle with the tag line "Finally, A Cold Latina."
Critics said the ad propagates negative stereotypes of Hispanic women as being loose or overly sexual.
Last week, the 20-member Congressional Hispanic Caucus sent a letter to Norwalk, Conn.-based Labatt USA, asking the distributor to pull the ads. And several people turned out at a rally in Los Angeles to protest the campaign.
In a statement released Monday, Labatt USA officials said they decided to "retire" the billboards by the end of the month, which the company said coincided with the original schedule for ending the ad's rotation. Recently, the company pulled the ads in Albuquerque, N.M., after a youth group there complained.
"This billboard was created to be tongue-in-cheek and humorous, for a mature adult audience," Victor Melendez, Labatt's director of marketing, said in a statement. "We intended no disrespect in any way, and in fact, we heard from many Tecate drinkers who told us the ad is clever and funny."
State Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, who was behind the letter to Labatt USA, hailed the company's decision to end the campaign.
"I hope the company learns from this experience and does a better job in the future of self-regulation to prevent consumers from viewing such offensive material," she said in a statement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a bunch of whiners.
I'm half Hispanic ( Cuban ) and I'm nowhere near offended.
These crybabies need to get a life.
:yuk:

CrazyHippy
05-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Because they are being such Pussies and pulling the Ad, I will no longer support Tecate...
I thought it was Great. And wouldn't the ad imply that all other latinas are hot???
BJH:confused:

CAHotRodBoy
05-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
"This billboard was created to be tongue-in-cheek and humorous, for a mature adult audience,"
There's the problem.....mature audience. This country has become a nation of focking 12 year olds. We get offended at every focking thing we see these days. I'm ready to start slapping these cry babies around like their daddys should have done! :mad:

LASERRAY
05-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Of all colors!:rolleyes: Yes, Indeed. ;)

twistedpair
05-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Fall off the wagon, Hoss?;)
I loke Jim Rome's take on this sort of thing. Yes, racism does exist in America. But people who cry about it at every opportunity, dilute the real instances that do happen. Kind of a 'Boy Cries Wolf' type of thing.

cigarette1
05-21-2004, 06:59 AM
Sad

Sleek-Jet
05-21-2004, 08:15 AM
I didn't know that Hispanics were a minority in So-Cal. :D
Kill Whitey. :eek:

HCS
05-21-2004, 08:28 AM
I read that article in the paper this morning. Prefect definition-
liberal.