PDA

View Full Version : Differences between gauges

NorCalCat
05-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference between Gaffrig Gauges and the Auto Meter Gauges. I am told they are the same company now?
True or not?

NorCalCat
05-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Anyone?

Freak
05-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Livorsi built the gauges for Gaffig until recently. After some fight between the two companies the Livorsi gauge NOW has the Livorsi name on it. So I "think" Autometer now makes the gauges for Gaffrig. If you want the same quality as older Gaffrigs go with Livorsi.
To our valued customers,
Livorsi Marine is proud to continue serving you in 2004! Over the last several months we
have, again, increased the Quality, Options and Availability we offer. We are proud to say that we
really have been
Your #1 Choice in Performance Boating for 16 years!
As many of you know, we have been involved in a lengthy legal battle over our use of the
Gaffrig name for several years now. While we thought we bought the right to use the marks on all of
our gauges 16 years ago, and have used them ever since, a judge recently surprised us by ruling
that we can't use them anymore.
The other company has chosen to ask for damages. While we had originally chosen not to
appeal, we, most likely, will follow-through with a cross appeal in case things should change on our
behalf as we still believe we are the true owners of the marks.
With this in mind, and, after much thought, we have elected to put the Livorsi name right on
the gauges from here on out - that's who we've been for 16 years. This will end any confusion over
a brand name. Rest assured while the logo may have changed, the gauges are the same high-quality,
high-performance products you've come to expect from Livorsi Marine.
We've been standard equipment in Bajas, Cigarettes, Donzis, Fountains, Formulas, Hustlers,
Nortechs, Outerlimits, Skaters and many others for years. We are very excited to have our own
name on our own gauges! In retrospect, it's something we should have done earlier, as people are
very excited about the new look! Who knew!