PDA

View Full Version : Towing from Laughlin to Cottonwwod

4day!!
05-21-2004, 07:54 AM
How is the drive while towing a boat from Laughlin to Cotonwood(grade, width, length)?.I will be towing a 25' Eliminator with an '03 suburban small V8. I am planning on geting a slip at cottonwood and leaving the boat in the water. Is there a place where i can leave my trailer there and any opinions on the security of my boat while in the slip overnight. Is there a problem getting a slip there mid summer on a weekend(non-holiday)???
I plan on towing early morning or evening both times to avoid excessive heat.

Debbolas
05-21-2004, 08:02 AM
We went to Cottonwood in April, I reserved a slip in advance.....We had no security issues. Have a good trip!:D
(did you post a pic of your boat? You know you have to do that, right?) ;)

dicudmore
05-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by 4day!!
How is the drive while towing a boat from Laughlin to Cotonwood(grade, width, length)?.I will be towing a 25' Eliminator with an '03 suburban small V8. I am planning on geting a slip at cottonwood and leaving the boat in the water. Is there a place where i can leave my trailer there and any opinions on the security of my boat while in the slip overnight. Is there a problem getting a slip there mid summer on a weekend(non-holiday)???
I plan on towing early morning or evening both times to avoid excessive heat.
should be fine leaving your trailer at cottonwood...
is katherine's that bad to launch at???
between laughlin and the 95 to searchlight (the only way I know to get there) there are some grades that are gonna work that truck HARD. mainly right out of laughlin, not bad after you get back on 95.

JAM
05-21-2004, 11:54 AM
It's about a 45 minute drive, which is often a shorter time than it takes to launch at Katherine's. There's only the one big grade out of Laughlin, so leave early when it's cooler and gas up the boat in Searchlight to reduce weight if your concerned about things like that. Last season, we pulled our 21' with our '99 Suburban Vortec 350 with no problems. Cottonwood still has free entry, no launch fees, and a nice facility. (Shhhhh...don't tell too many peeps. It's our ***boatForum secret, OK?)
We did leave the trailer and boat in the lot overnight with no problems. I was nervous about it though and would reccommend parking it as close to the hotel office as possible just for the added visibility.
If you haven't done so before, treat yourself to a ride upriver towards Hoover Dam.