PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from No. Calif. driving to LA area soon?

Robbie Racer
05-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Is anyone from the Nor Calif bay area driving down to the LA area any time over the next month or so? I would like to get my Peto motor blower refreshened at "The Blower Shop" in Santa Clarita (off the I-5 near Castaic and Magic Mountain). If you are heading that direction and wouldn't mind delivering "a package" for me, please let me know.
Thank you,
Keith

NorCalCat
05-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Robbie Racer
Is anyone from the Nor Calif bay area driving down to the LA area any time over the next month or so? I would like to get my Peto motor blower refreshened at "The Blower Shop" in Santa Clarita (off the I-5 near Castaic and Magic Mountain). If you are heading that direction and wouldn't mind delivering "a package" for me, please let me know.
Thank you,
Keith
Keith,
Lets talk. I am heading down around mid June. I am towing the cat back to the shop for some work in Fontana.

Lightning
05-21-2004, 11:03 AM
I may be driving up in July sometime from San Diego to San Francisco, if you need help bringing it back the other direction - let me know.

Robbie Racer
05-21-2004, 12:27 PM
NorCal and Lightning, thanks for the replies. That timing ought to work out just fine. NorCal, let me know a week or so before you head down south and I will deliver the blower to you. Then I will also set it up with TBS to be expecting you to drop it off and for Lightning to pick it up on his way from SD to SF. This will save me a bunch in shipping costs. Thanks again guys. :)
Keith

RACER52
05-24-2004, 08:41 AM
thats cool, we all need to save $$$ to put gas in the boats:D

NorCalCat
05-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by RACER52
thats cool, we all need to save $$$ to put gas in the boats:D
No kidding! Between the truck and the boat gas ran me over $275 for a day trip.
CHA-CHING!
RACER, Shasta is gonna leave a dent.:(

NorCalCat
05-24-2004, 09:32 AM
NorCal and Lightning, thanks for the replies. That timing ought to work out just fine. NorCal, let me know a week or so before you head down south and I will deliver the blower to you. Then I will also set it up with TBS to be expecting you to drop it off and for Lightning to pick it up on his way from SD to SF. This will save me a bunch in shipping costs. Thanks again guys. :)
Keith
RR,
If you are going to be at the Shasta Cat Attack, and if you are not running your blower I can grab it while we are up there. I am shooting for the next weekend to make the trip. Getting a new motor put in...:eek:

JetBoatRich
05-24-2004, 10:05 AM
I am working in the San Jose, go home on Friday's. The blower shop just finished rebuilding mine. I go though Gilroy so not an issue helping you out, however the Blower Shop is closed Saturday?
If I can help, let me know.

Robbie Racer
05-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Racer and NorCal, you got that right about the gas cost thing. OUCH!!! :frown:
NorCal, there has been a slight change of plans on the blower delivery. A boating buddy of mine drove down to LA yesterday, so he stopped by and picked it up yesterday morning. How would you feel about swinging by The Blower Shop on your way back up this way to bring it back after it's refreshened (if they have it done by the time you return)? then if that works out, I could pick it up from you when we get together for the Shasta Cat attack on the 12th. That would be a few weeks before Lightning heads this way so I could get the motor back together sooner.
Rich, thanks for the offer. Let me see how NorCal's schedule looks to pick it up if he can do it during the week since they are closed on weekends.
Thanks guys,
Keith

NorCalCat
05-24-2004, 10:22 AM
I am happy to help out in any way I can. I will be coming back up most likely on a Sunday. And it will be after the Cat Attack. Shooting for the weekend of June 25th. I'll keep you posted!

JetBoatRich
05-24-2004, 10:39 AM
You could get someone from the boards to grab it for you during the week and I will bring it up for you. I commute up every Monday, so not a problem.
I know someone who lives close by the Blower Shop.

Mrs Luvnlife
05-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
You could get someone from the boards to grab it for you during the week and I will bring it up for you. I commute up every Monday, so not a problem.
I know someone who lives close by the Blower Shop.
Who??? :D I'm always of service if need be, I live real close and don't mind picking it up to hold it for someone to shuttle it back up north......just ask Rich, it's in good hands with me!! :D ;)

JetBoatRich
05-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
Who??? :D I'm always of service if need be, I live real close and don't mind picking it up to hold it for someone to shuttle it back up north......just ask Rich, it's in good hands with me!! :D ;)
Jen sure does have good hands:rolleyes:
Jen I figured you might read this and volunteer:D since that is how you are. But I also figured I would let you speak up.:cool:

Robbie Racer
05-24-2004, 11:31 AM
NorCal, thanks for the update on your schedule. I just got off the phone with TBS and found that I was a little optimistic on how fast they could turn it around anyway. It looks like it won't be ready to be picked up until around mid week of June 7th week.
Mrs Luvnlife, thank you for the offer. That would be great if you could pick it up sometime around June 10th or 11th so Rich could pick it up from you and bring it on up this way on Monday, June 14th. How does that timing work on your ends?
Thanks again,
Keith

JetBoatRich
05-24-2004, 11:41 AM
No problem, just let us know.:D

Lightning
05-24-2004, 11:44 AM
I love it when a plan comes together. ... .
This board is such a great location for helping people out. Think of how much money and time is being saved on this project. Nothing beats next day delivery for free.

Robbie Racer
05-24-2004, 12:23 PM
My thoughts exactly. :D
Thanks guys (and gal). I will send you a reminder when it's ready.
Keith

Mrs Luvnlife
05-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Mrs Luvnlife, thank you for the offer. That would be great if you could pick it up sometime around June 10th or 11th so Rich could pick it up from you and bring it on up this way on Monday, June 14th. How does that timing work on your ends?
Thanks again,
Keith
Not a problem at all.....I have a very flexible schedule during the week so any day is fine....the only day I may not be in town is June 4th and that's not a for sure yet. Just holler and I'll pick it up if you need it. :)
I may need a ride in your boat to make sure the blower is working okay, though! :D :D

JetBoatRich
05-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Not a problem at all.....I have a very flexible schedule during the week so any day is fine....the only day I may not be in town is June 4th and that's not a for sure yet. Just holler and I'll pick it up if you need it. :)
BS, you will be gone June 4th;) I wrote Cale a note when he stopped by yesterday:D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-24-2004, 01:22 PM
BS, you will be gone June 4th;) I wrote Cale a note when he stopped by yesterday:D
My initials aren't BS!! :p Oh good, you too?? :D I wrote one but wasn't sure if it was going to pass or not. Now stop hijacking the blower thread! :D ;)

jerry billet
05-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Hey Keith. I make the trip to/from LA at least everyother week.
Have trucks that make the trip every week. Let me know if I can be of help.
Jerry

Robbie Racer
05-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Hey Jerry, thank you for the offer. I just heard yesterday when I was talking to Al that you were making the LA to bay area commute these days. I think I have it covered. Mrs Luvnlife said she will pick it up for me and Jetboat Rich will bring it back up this way as he's working weekdays here in Gilroy. Thanks again for the offer.
I talked to TBS yesterday and they should have the blower refreshened and ready for pick up sometime next week. He will call me when it's ready.
Thanks again for all the help offers,
Keith

JetBoatRich
05-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Sounds like you will have it real soon. I will see Cale and Jen next weekend, so the timing could be perfect.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-01-2004, 10:48 AM
I've done my duties :D, got a real nice blower here.......Rich it's in your hands from here on out!! :D Well, that is....once I put it in your hands. ;)

Robbie Racer
06-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Thank you Jen. Rich should be picking it up this weekend and I should be seeing it sometime next week. This is turning out really great. Thank you. :)
Keith

JetBoatRich
06-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Pretty cool how a plan comes together:D see you Jen Friday and Rob next week.

Mrs Luvnlife
06-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Thank you Jen. Rich should be picking it up this weekend and I should be seeing it sometime next week. This is turning out really great. Thank you. :)
Keith
Hey, my pleasure.....it's a beauty!! Good thing I picked it up and not my husband....his thinking is that it would look REALLY nice on his little daytona. J/K :D :D Never a problem helping someone out!! :)
Rich....I'll see ya on Friday and hopefully in the AM!!!!! :D Otherwise I'm hitchin a ride with the rest of ya!!!

JetBoatRich
06-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Rich....I'll see ya on Friday and hopefully in the AM!!!!! :D Otherwise I'm hitchin a ride with the rest of ya!!!
Does that mean you will be sitting between Steph and I;)

Mrs Luvnlife
06-02-2004, 04:36 AM
Does that mean you will be sitting between Steph and I;)
Anything to get in the way!! ;) :D :D J/K

JetBoatRich
06-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Anything to get in the way!! ;) :D :D J/K
That is what I like:D a girl that will do what ever I like;)
See you Friday morning:cool:

Mrs Luvnlife
06-02-2004, 04:46 AM
That is what I like:D a girl that will do what ever I like;)
See you Friday morning:cool:
:D LOL!!!
Absolutely....sending you a PM as we speak!

JetBoatRich
06-02-2004, 04:54 AM
back at you, I have a little information. Let me know or better yet talk to both Steph's;) one of us will pick up what ever is needed.

Jetdriver
06-02-2004, 06:32 AM
HEY I didnt get a pm! :mad:

Mrs Luvnlife
06-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
HEY I didnt get a pm! :mad:
OH relax......you got yours yesterday!! :D

JetBoatRich
06-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Keith give me a call so we can meet up:D

Robbie Racer
06-07-2004, 06:03 PM
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone that helped me (and offered help) to get my blower down to TBS for a refresh. Oldsquirt picked it up from me and dropped it off on his way down a couple weeks ago. Then Mrs Luvnlife picked it up at TBS for me and passed it along to JetBoatRich who delivered it to me in San Jose today. What a great boating community we have here on the ***boat forums. I think I saved enough in shipping costs that I can afford to take the boat out and play with it this weekend at Shasta for the Cat Attack. Thanks again. :)
Keith

JetBoatRich
06-08-2004, 03:15 AM
No problem Keith, it was great to meet you:D
Your boat at the shop loks awesome, good luck on the new addition.:eek:

Mrs Luvnlife
06-08-2004, 05:56 AM
Keith....love to be of help anytime I can, nice that you finally have it back in your hands. :) You have a VERY NICE boat collection!

eliminatedsprinter
06-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Hmmm Rich, I wondered how you got that new motor .;) :D

JetBoatRich
06-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Hmmm Rich, I wondered how you got that new motor .;) :D
being a runner pays well:eek: