PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore anyone?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Though its not quite the river, its better than mowing the lawn and cleaning the house....anyone up for Lake Elsinore on sunday? We are gonna camp saturday night and boat on sunday.
Look for us in Coors Light cove.
:cool: :cool:

Cole
05-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Thinking about it.....where are you guys staying over night?
My boat is in laughlin, so we will be boat less...thats seems to be the draw back to leaving my boat at the river cant do the local trips!!:cry: :cry:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-21-2004, 01:27 PM
We are gonna camp at the big campground, the one in between Jack in the Box and the signal. I think its called the State Rec. Area or something like that. Its kind of white trash but fun still!
But we launch out of Marina West in the morning. We like that ramp better but can't camp there cuz they don't allow dogs to camp. :frown:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh, and I am sure we have room on our boat too. There might be a couple other boatless peeps there but its not like Elsinore is huge and we couldn't make a couple trips to the cove. :D

1stepcloser
05-21-2004, 01:50 PM
I may be forced to cancel Havasu this weekend, :((Damn job!) if thats out, I'll surely be at Elsinore Sunday.:)
I will definately have some room on my boat.

Cole
05-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Cool....we'll try and make it down Sunday morning, we can meet you guys at either the campground, or try and figure out a way to get to coors cove.

dmontzsta
05-21-2004, 02:27 PM
not this weekend, Memorial Day it is...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Cole
Cool....we'll try and make it down Sunday morning, we can meet you guys at either the campground, or try and figure out a way to get to coors cove.
We can give you a ride to the cove, silly! Its a pretty far swim other wise! :D

boatnam2
05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
linda sorry i was busy last night when you called.we will cruise down after work saturday night.probaly get to the lake around 6ish.call tina tonite on what to bring.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
linda sorry i was busy last night when you called.we will cruise down after work saturday night.probaly get to the lake around 6ish.call tina tonite on what to bring.
YIPPEE!! :D
Bring egg salad. :p hahahah just kidding.
We will call you guys tonight.
xoxo

nastyhabit
05-21-2004, 05:23 PM
i might be in to, need to do a little testing---nasty

WUTWZAT
05-21-2004, 06:11 PM
I might be going, it all depends on whether or not I get my new flames done in time this weekend. I have finished all my other repairs from last weekend out in Parker. But.....
Can anyone tell me a good place to launch from? I went to the State Rec Beach it was the one near I-15, but they wanted $15.00 to launch. I thought that was kinda steep for green water and dead fish, and yes I saw one near the dock and a floater on the lake, must have been from a heart attack cause it was out in the high speed zone.:p
And where is coors cove? Is that the no wake area with the reeds growing out in a few places? Kinda on the side of the lake near the hill with Ortega Hwy coming down?
I did meet some really nice people from Perris who said that their lake was full and had to come here to get their boat wet.
Jason

Ntwotrance
05-21-2004, 06:17 PM
WUTWZAT,
the cove is on the far side of the lake (and no more reeds back there), the price..it is a bit steep...as far as perris...well, it has a very high bacteria count, not sure if you're up for getting sick, but I know we avoid it now...

bordsmnj
05-21-2004, 07:28 PM
come on doooown:D the cove is hard to see untill your right on top of it. the back of our boat(below) is orange and says "...sometimes slowly" on the transom. -jason(also)

Daytona100
05-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Hey my Havasu trip got cancelled gas & hotel got to pricey to deal with at this time. Got lots to do saturday but sunday is wide open. Looking forward to hit any body of water with the new boat. Spent a shitload of CASH on the new boat but I,ve only had it out two times. Once at easter and at the Eliminator reggata. Pictures on my avatar if you see me and kids out on the lake say hay and lets have some fun.

Cole
05-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Mrs Bordsmnj... check your pms!!
We'll call you today and see you guys tomorrow!!
daytona 100..... oh we'll find you alright! We'll need a ride in that thing! That is one good looking machine!!:D

Daytona100
05-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Well the Honeydoos are all done. Pulled the heads on the caddy cleaned the pool. Now its time to float in the pool for a few then get the boat ready for sunday. Just need to clean it up and put a new drive resevoir check the drive oil and I,me ready maybe teach the wife how to drive it so I can party!!!

WUTWZAT
05-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Well, I got my chores for the day done and I also got the garage cleaned too. Check out the flames, I think I oughta make some or most a little thinner but I was told the ladies like em thick :wink:
Jason

WUTWZAT
05-22-2004, 03:58 PM
same as before

Ntwotrance
05-22-2004, 04:18 PM
looking good

WUTWZAT
05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks Ntwotrance
Are you going to Elsinore tomorrow?
I got the boat all clean just need to pack up the life vests and a cooler and I'd be good to go.

Ntwotrance
05-22-2004, 04:53 PM
No, we're going on Memorial day, gotta take my daughter to her boyfriends house tomorrow...:mad: was going to swing by and see how the flames turned out, but my neighbor needed help with the addition to his house...they are looking good though...are you still planning on going memorial day?

WUTWZAT
05-22-2004, 05:54 PM
either there or I hear Irvine Lake is letting boaters use it. They have a regatta planned for sometime in June. I saw a flyer for it at Wilkes Marine last week. I don't mind the green water but if I can go less distance and avoid green water which might be stinking, I am in....
daughters boyfriend???? oh no.... maybe take him waterskiing off Will Rogers State beach..... Isn't that where the great whites were spotted a couple weeks back? :D
I don't think I will go tomorrow either, I want to save up my pennies and get a bimini before the Classic Boat Beach Bash @ the Avi in Laughlin in mid-August. Too close to get one done for Mem-weekend. But maybe I'll drag the boat out just to see the flames in the sun, kinda hard to see them under the canopy..
Jason

Ntwotrance
05-22-2004, 06:13 PM
damn, really want to check them out, you said they're metallic??? As far as the daughters b/f, damn, I should take him out there...either that or teach him to ski behind the suburban at high speed on the asphalt....hmmm..there's a thought...also, we will be attending (attending only because we don't have a v-drive) the regatta up in irvine (last one was a blast), but are still going on memorial day for elsinore (it isn't that bad a lake for a local run), and glad you brought up the CBBB, as we already have plans to attend that....

repo man
05-23-2004, 09:05 AM
i might make it out mem weekend if it's not a zoo

Ntwotrance
05-23-2004, 12:40 PM
It probably won't be to bad there, as long as you keep an eye out for the lake lice, but hope to see you there repo

RiverRatMike
05-23-2004, 06:12 PM
is there still dead fish floating around here on that elsoninor lake? last time I was there it was nasty!

WUTWZAT
05-23-2004, 06:29 PM
I was out a couple of weekends ago, the lake was a thick green color and I had seen at least two dead fish floating. But, it did not stink. Which to me is the thing that is worse. I don't know how things have progressed but I am planning on visiting again for the Memorial Day Weekend. I know several people who live around and actually on the lake, and I'm not sure if I am going for a day trip or to camp out. Or if invited to kick it at their place. Anybody else hashing out some plans for the Mem weekend?

RiverRatMike
05-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I remember a few years back riding my stand up jet ski on elsinore and there was tons of dead fish out there that weekend. I remember I had to ride through them to get back to the other side of the lake and I wiped out and fell in all those dead fish. I'll never do that lake again. Way to nasty for me!