PDA

View Full Version : Anyplace MAIL me &$%%* suction housing & transom gaskets?

CrdStang
05-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I guess there aren't many jet boats here in Hawaii because nobody local sells parts.
Every company I've called (including Berkeley themselves) will only ship UPS, and I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 to ship a couple friggin gaskets..
If anyone knows of any business that'll sell me a 12JC intake gasket and a transom gasket and O ring, and ship them United States Postal Service Priority Mail, *please* let me know.

Lightning
05-21-2004, 01:04 PM
They have jetboats in Hawaii???

Sleek-Jet
05-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Have you tried Rex Marine??

JET-O-VATOR
05-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Are you running that thing in salt water????

GlastronGuy
05-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Jusr curious what the price difference is between USPS Priority and UPS? Is it $15 between the two or $15 for to be shipped via UPS?

Lookin for Liquid
05-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by CrdStang
I guess there aren't many jet boats here in Hawaii because nobody local sells parts.
Every company I've called (including Berkeley themselves) will only ship UPS, and I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 to ship a couple friggin gaskets..
If anyone knows of any business that'll sell me a 12JC intake gasket and a transom gasket and O ring, and ship them United States Postal Service Priority Mail, *please* let me know.
Did not know Berkeley was still in business, $15 Air Frieght ain't bad, that's what you get for living in the big Island.
P.S. What does a Good New York Steak go for over there since you are complaining.

CrdStang
05-21-2004, 04:35 PM
From the top:
Lightning: I have one, I know of one other guy who has one. There have to be more, but I'll be damned if I've seen them.
Sleek-Jet: Rex Marine said they'd ship USPS but it wouldn't go out for a couple weeks.
Jet-O-Vator: I'm not running it in anything yet, but yeah it's going in the ocean, not too many lakes in Hawaii. Figure it'll be OK if I hose it off real good when I get home..
GlastronGuy: For a 24"x2"x12" 3lb package, Priority Mail from Phoenix to here is $8.55. The cheapest UPS option is $38.05
Lookin for Liquid: Yeah yeah, price of paradise. As far as the steak goes, I dunno about a good steak, but you can get a decent one for $16 or so at your basic diner type joint..

toad polumsky
05-21-2004, 06:23 PM
AT

Rexone
05-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CrdStang
Sleek-Jet: Rex Marine said they'd ship USPS but it wouldn't go out for a couple weeks.
I'm sure we can beat that for you. But to clarify, the problem with packages via USPS for us is that our carrier will not pick them up (only letters) meaning that we have to go stand in line at the PO to send a package of a couple gaskets in this case. Therein lies the problem being we're short handed before mem. day as it is and that trip will take someone out of here for 1/2 to 1 hour at anywhere between $15 per hour plus in wages. It's the precise reason we don't advertise or claim to be able to ship via USPS although I realize in some cases it is cheaper on the ship charges than UPS. We are just not geared to do it easily or cost effectively.
That is the reason USPS on packages is something we cannot offer good fast service on like we can UPS which picks up daily here.

GlastronGuy
05-21-2004, 07:07 PM
That's something I never thought of. Having to stand in line to ship via USPS.

Rexone
05-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
That's something I never thought of. Having to stand in line to ship via USPS.
Some days it's not too bad. Some days it out the door. It's a crap shoot at best.

Petrofied
05-21-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll send you a cashier's check for a $1000.00, Buy the parts from mike @ REX. Send them both to ya. Send me $800.00 cash in an envelope ( KEEP THE REST FOR YOUR SELF ) Trust me....
OH by the way did I tell ya I have 5million I need to put in your bank account!!! :D All I need is your account #. lol :D
Seriously, Call Big Mike @ REX... I'm sure He can help a brother out, I have bought parts from him for years. ( Good People )
MR.P.

CrdStang
05-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Rexone,
Yeah I can understand why Rex Marine and other business don't like to ship via USPS. The postal service is screwing it's self out of lots of business, it's not you guy's fault they make it such a pain in the ass. I wanted to order it from you guys 'cause you're relatively close by (Cali).
It's cool though, Duane @ HTP says he can get 'em out on Tuesday. Probably take a couple more days shipping time coming from Kansas, but watcha gonna do?
Chet also made a suggestion, but the place is in NY, I'm at least trying to be in a hurry to get this thing in the water. Thanks though.

wsuwrhr
05-21-2004, 07:32 PM
The price you pay for peace of mind my friend.
<rant on>
I shipped some parts I make US Mail to a custumer for a possible retail location in Australia. Damn thing took three months to get there. I hate US Mail, but I did it at the custumers request. He wanted to save 20 dollars from UPS's rate. He was PISSED OFF.
No tracking number, no online tracking, US Mail wouldn't do shit for me. The part finally got there, but he was so pissed, wouldn't talk to me on the phone when I called, save the jokes, I called during his daytime. The most I got was a "Thanks for the nice part."
<rant off>
So like I was saying, pay the extra coin for the peice of mind. Online tracking, you will get your stuff ontime. UPS has their shit together.
Brian

DansBlown73Nordic
05-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Must be some of those Hawaians are not to smart....:wink: I sold a Model T Ford windshield to A guy over there. I gave him a price of shipping that was $72. I think he shit his pants. I never realized how much it cost to ship stuff.
I said well you could save the $72 and come up here and pick it up....:eek:

AmericanThunder1
05-21-2004, 11:04 PM
If Duane says he can get the parts to you he can. At
HTP they are honest. I asked for a part for yesterday they said I can promise it in 3 days but you can get lucky and get it in 1 day. I live like I think 6 hours from HTP and I ordered parts and got them in two days when everybody else said it dont matter where you order plan on getting them in 5 working days. Any way jabber jabber point being its not the place its whos doing the transporting I live near KC where one of ups main office is they suck go fed ex HTP delivers fed ex. Good luck and I lived on the ocean so get yourself a zinc plate and keep her clean and you will be fine.